Calls & Texts  "Hey Peter, you're warm, but working out is too important right now -your sugar flower"???

Skjöldr

Modern Human
Modern Human
So i closed this girl on Thursday noon. I was working out while talking with some dude and she ran past on the trail so i set off. It went super well, i ran a kind of rainbow ruse/reality pace on her in regards to listening to music while she was running. It went something like this "You know what's interesting about listening to music when you are running? You get all hyped up and start making music videos in your head and different scenarios to the music you're hearing. Like fantasizing you're running through a field of flowers or something" and she laughed and agreed. It went so smooth man. She was hooked, we were chatting back and forth. She was an 8/10 blonde. I then closed her (used a direct open on her btw). The texting is the following:
Me: Hope you will get through the flower field nicely without further interruptions ;) -Peter

2 days and some hours later
Me: Oh oh, hope you are not running around out there still (eye rolling emoji)
Her at 2 am: "Hello Pete, you warm/hot, but workout is way too important right now -your sugar flower"

Never had anything like it before. Idk what i should message her. Maybe something like "Workout is never more important than romance. You can always go for another run, but you can't always meet up with a handsome and relaxed guy ;)"
Btw when i do the winky face smiley i do it like this ";')" without the " ' ". Somehow it just converts it to an emoji here

Will_V

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
I'm not great at text, but that sounds a bit needy to me. It comes across as a push/pull on her part, and you don't want to start qualifying yourself in response. I would approach it as a small test, where you have to accept it (amplify and exaggerate?) and then move past it to something more constructive.

I would re-engage the fantasy with something like "Warm like the sun shining on a sweet little flower bending in the breeze? :) .. tell me what you like to do to relax after a hard workout" and try to build a bit of rapport with you leading.

dark hawk

Space Monkey
space monkey
So i closed this girl on Thursday noon. I was working out while talking with some dude and she ran past on the trail so i set off. It went super well, i ran a kind of rainbow ruse/reality pace on her in regards to listening to music while she was running. It went something like this "You know what's interesting about listening to music when you are running? You get all hyped up and start making music videos in your head and different scenarios to the music you're hearing. Like fantasizing you're running through a field of flowers or something" and she laughed and agreed. It went so smooth man. She was hooked, we were chatting back and forth. She was an 8/10 blonde. I then closed her (used a direct open on her btw). The texting is the following:

Never had anything like it before. Idk what i should message her. Maybe something like "Workout is never more important than romance. You can always go for another run, but you can't always meet up with a handsome and relaxed guy ;)"

Btw when i do the winky face smiley i do it like this ";')" without the " ' ". Somehow it just converts it to an emoji here
Dude she is definitely using a push/pull here maybe not intentionally, so even you can try to use push here, if her personality and your prior interaction with her was already fun and flirty....you could say "I agree workouts are important, but running is boring ...I prefer sn more intensive and fun;)" that should catch her interest.

ljrozz69

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Something in the spirit of

Is that what you tell to hot guys? :thinking:/wink/tongue/smirk/roll eyes emoji

I wouldn't use more than one emoji, the idea is just to tease her and use a chase frame

Last edited:

ljrozz69

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
If she answers at 2 am perhaps she wants to hook up

Skjöldr

Modern Human
Modern Human
Something in the spirit of

Is that what you tell to hot guys? :thinking:/wink/tongue/smirk/roll eyes emoji

I wouldn't use more than one emoji, the idea is just to tease her and use a chase frame
I like this one alot. I still wanna address her "working out is too important right now". Or perhaps it is better not to address and steer the conversation towards a better frame, where i want it to be. Just seems like a dumbass excuse cuz in person we were talking and i said "Well since you have online high school education at the moment, it sounds like you would have free time to meet up with a cool dude" or something and she basically agreed that she had free time. Change her heart not her mind.

Skjöldr

Modern Human
Modern Human
"Is that what you tell handsome guys, miss Sugarflower? ;)"

Thoughts? Maybe add a "" to the miss "Sugarflower" to make me seem skeptic of her calling herself "your sugarflower"

ljrozz69

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Another version

Just because you find me handsome doesn't mean that you're my sugarflower (yet) :p

fog

Modern Human
Modern Human
Me: Hope you will get through the flower field nicely without further interruptions ;) -Peter

2 days and some hours later
Me: Oh oh, hope you are not running around out there still (eye rolling emoji)
Her at 2 am: "Hello Pete, you warm/hot, but workout is way too important right now -your sugar flower"

These types of texts have tripped me up in the past too.

It's a push-pull text, and there's two parts to it.

1. You're hot
2. My workout is important

Generally what I do is address only one part of it.. id reply to the part where shes hitting on you.

She's also bringing to light her texting behavior with you, which I think is a really good sign of her interest in you. It's similar to a girl apologizing to you for being a bad texter...in this case, shes being super flirty about it

Last edited:

Skjöldr

Modern Human
Modern Human
These types of texts have tripped me up in the past too.

It's a push-pull text, and there's two parts to it.

1. You're hot
2. My workout is important

Generally what I do is address only one part of it.. id reply to the part where shes hitting on you.

She's also bringing to light her texting behavior with you, which I think is a really good sign of her interest in you. It's similar to a girl apologizing to you for being a bad texter...in this case, shes being super flirty about it
I sent "Is that what you tell handsome guys, miss Sugarflower? ;)", no response, deleted her number

fog

Modern Human
Modern Human
I sent "Is that what you tell handsome guys, miss Sugarflower? ;)", no response, deleted her number

daammnn bro thats a bummer..she was a nice one

ill speculate why you got no response and suggest a text for next time you should find yourself in this situation...

she texted you on Saturday night at 2AM, so you were probably her booty call, as @Klimax said. did you send this the next day/later? im assuming so.

if you were her potential booty call. then this text is uncalibrated to send the next day/later - the ship has already sailed and she's in a different state now, reducing the chance of response to a text on the same thread.

if i was texting her the next day/later, i would cut to a new thread to get past the hookup factor of this - specifically, a thread where im grilling her on social frame. ie. "i forget your age"

Skjöldr

Modern Human
Modern Human
daammnn bro thats a bummer..she was a nice one

ill speculate why you got no response and suggest a text for next time you should find yourself in this situation...

she texted you on Saturday night at 2AM, so you were probably her booty call, as @Klimax said. did you send this the next day/later? im assuming so.

if you were her potential booty call. then this text is uncalibrated to send the next day/later - the ship has already sailed and she's in a different state now, reducing the chance of response to a text on the same thread.

if i was texting her the next day/later, i would cut to a new thread to get past the hookup factor of this - specifically, a thread where im grilling her on social frame. ie. "i forget your age"
Booty call... not sure. I have only had a daygame convo with her nothing else. She did send it while i was asleep so yeah i sent it the next day. So a better text would have been "I forgot your age"? or what would have been a better text?

Will_V

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Booty call... not sure. I have only had a daygame convo with her nothing else. She did send it while i was asleep so yeah i sent it the next day. So a better text would have been "I forgot your age"? or what would have been a better text?
If you compare the initial convo with the text you sent, do you think they were congruent? Could you have said both in the same conversation without it being awkward?

I would hazard that a good rule of thumb is to only text what you would have said in person, dialled back for lack of nonverbal context. Last thing you want to do is escalate over text, even if she does.

I personally think that your response was way too combative to use over text. If I got the same from a girl, part of me would be wondering if she was actually annoyed.

ljrozz69

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I agree with @fog on that if you sent that msg too late it no longer made sense. His solution is quite cool.
Perhaps a cold read or some funny gif to answer that could have worked too, and re-engage convo. I wouldn't have erased her number, I would have re-tried in a few days, after all texting is quite low effort.

Reactions: fog

fog

Modern Human
Modern Human
Booty call... not sure. I have only had a daygame convo with her nothing else.

i think you are underestimating the impact of the interaction on her. sleeping with a girl after only having a daygame convo with her is not unheard of!

consider this. its late and she's horny. she sends out a bunch of feeler texts to the guys in her phone - including one to a cool guy she met on a trail. it was novel to her. she doesn't make it easy for the guys though. she does a bunch of push-pull to try to throw them off track. she sleeps with the guy who handles it the best.

So a better text would have been "I forgot your age"? or what would have been a better text?

In the grand scheme of things, it's not always about the very next text you're sending. Getting caught up in the very next text can prevent you from looking at the bigger picture - you gotta be thinking 3-4 texts ahead. envision her responses down the line

Regardless, the absolute best text (or series of texts) carries the interaction forward towards meeting her in person.

With the text I suggest, the interaction is moved from sexual to social by screening her on her age. Then, if she passes the screens and is compliant, the next couple texts i send would be to qualify her and transition into closing. It's natural to ask for compliance after screening + qualy.

What was your plan for how the interaction would go after you sent your text? She says "yes that's what i tell handsome guys", then what were you gonna do?

Sapphophire

Space Monkey
space monkey
Regardless, the absolute best text (or series of texts) carries the interaction forward towards meeting her in person.
I was thinking this:

"I'm in. What time?"

She's creating a problem - that working out or seeing you is an either/or.

Then, if she's like that's not what I meant, you could follow with

"Oh I thought you had a great idea. I bet we'll both get a better, funner workout."

Also be careful that she referred to herself as sugar flower and you replied Sugarflower. Usually you'd want to show that you're able to accurately understand and reflect back what she projects about herself.

>