High School Pick Up

Richard

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Alright guys,

I’m here with a little down time today, and I figured I’d tackle something that a lot of guys have been asking about lately: high school pick up.

I’ll start by saying this topic probably won’t ever show up on the main site because nobody (Chase included) has mountains of high school pick up experience needed to write a proper article, and while I started pick up in high school, 80% of my game was spent on older women, and 20% within the confines of the hallways.

So, I didn’t bed every girl in school by the time I graduated, but I did well enough to write out a post giving you guys a rough idea of what to do. So without further ado, here we go.

HIGH SCHOOL

High school’s a bipolar, and rather constricting establishment. People bow to social pressure all the time, status is a primary action drive, and high school allows for group separation, all things that really make game harder (unless of course you’re a high school athlete, then you have a much easier time getting women).

But, most guys on the site aren’t high school stars, and if they are, aren’t Casanova’s with women, so let’s break down what you need to do.

YOU AND HIGH SCHOOL

Anybody ever see the movie Hitch, where Kevin James likes the CEO or whatever, but she doesn’t even notice him until he does something? Well that’s pretty much how high school is.

The majority of the time, the beautiful girls are the popular girls, and with that popularity and beauty comes your restriction as an average high school pick up artist.

Beautiful girls and popular girls have a certain status and image to uphold, and if you are someone who will seemingly lower their value, then they will kick you under the bus without a second thought.

So, as I started to learn that (quite harshly I might add) I had to adapt my process, and high school was my transition period: from a nice guy white knight to the foundation of who I am today.

Being a nice guy doesn’t work, being direct doesn’t work (unless you know your shit and have social value), so what’s left? Indirect game, almost 100% nonverbal communication, and time escalation (emphasis on time escalation).

PICK UP ITSELF, TACTIC 1

Something that I absolutely loved after high school is the freedom to be who you want, life after high school is so much better… and by far one of the worst things about high school with pick up, is time…

You can almost never move incredibly fast like you can outside of high school, you have to put the time in to get a girl, and there’s no guarantee that you will get that girl, and that’s what I hated most: wasting time…

Anyway, let’s get started on pick-up.

Indirect:
Me: “Hey excuse me, can you help me find room 219”
Her: “Sure, it’s upstairs next to the principles office.”
Me: “Thanks… I still get lost around here sometimes, big place, you know?”
Her: “Totally, I don’t think I’ve seen every room in this place…”
Me: “Ditto. Anyway, I gotta take my leave, what’s your name?”
Her: “I’m XYZ”
Me: “I’m ZYX. Nice to meet you.”

And this is where time escalation takes it’s glacier-like time… because from here, you keep escalating slowly towards a goal…

Like Ross said in one of my Lrs:

“Open->Small Talk->Qualify->Deep Dive->Reward->Handle logistics

It's always about moving one step closer to the bedroom at a good rate.”

Not so much the first part, but you always want to be moving one step closer to your goal, so after you establish a name and face with a girl, you can slowly make your way to her as time goes on.

You can start with small talk in the halls with high fives, then a week later (give or take, whatever pace you’re comfortable with), qualify/deep dive her and close with hugs or more physical escalation from a high five, and keep going. Eventually you should be able to go through the whole process in one fell swoop leading to a number or a date. This is painfully slow but it is a relatively safe way to pull a girl.

PICK UP: TACTIC 2

Another thing you can do is work through your social circle, which is something that I wish I had done a bit more in high school… and I could have, but my choice of friends is rather personal, so I had more acquaintances than friends.

Anyway, talk to everybody! This is how I am in college now, and it’s amazing. Literally talk to everybody, and you’ll start seeing women through your social circle.

Hell, you can ask mutual friends to point you out, and have them put in a good word for you, and work from there. I had my friend Josh put in a good word for this girl, her name was Stacie, and when we ended up talking, I was able to run a much faster process than the one detailed above.

Social circle gives you the connections to more women which is something you need in high school, and it subsequently raises your social value à more attractive à easier to pull women.

Again, this can be a pretty slow process because friendships aren’t made overnight, but it’s faster than the process above.

CLOSING THOUGHTS

I hear things all the time, from friends in college, and younger friends who are still seniors in high school.

In your senior year, if you plan on going to college out of state, or even if you won’t see people after high school, go balls out! Approach girls with your balls of steel guiding you.

“Hey, you’re fucking cute! Who are you?”

Is much better than saying nothing at all, and in your senior year, you can experiment with these things because your reputation after high school really doesn’t matter, and I found that out all too late.

But, one the same note, when you go direct, you run the risk of auto-rejection due to reputation/status/image, something like this goes through a girls head:

“OMG! This guy is talking to me, but people are looking… quick, I gotta find a way out… I don’t want people to see this…”

So, try your hand at building up your social circle while being who you are, and try escalating over time, and you should see some results. When a girl is interested in you, look for the subtle hints in high school, like looking for excuses to talk to you, or you’ll see her stealing glances at you while you walk down the hall.

There’s another small thing that helps out too: pre-selection. Talk to a couple girls at different time, if you’re seen talking to many people (girls) at different times your status is perceived as higher as well, and gives you better chances to use tactic 1 or 2.

So that’s it fellas. I left room for flexibility and questions, so please feel free to reply with questions, critiques, or comments.

-Richard

Knightrain

Space Monkey
space monkey
Thanks so much for this!
I can already tell that this is going to help.

I have some questions:

1) So in Highschool, the process of meeting a girl to asking her out should probably take around 2-4 weeks? This site's emphasis on moving fast made me feel pressured to get a date within a week, looking back I think this tactic caused me some problems lol

2) To clarify, Highschool game should be friendlier and more laid back, so you should talk to the girls in a friendly way but still subtly communicate a romantic/sexual vibe through non-verbals and a bit of innuendo (innuendo that suggests that something romantic is occurring between the two of you, nothing too sexual)??? If you should be friendly and indirect, how do you keep yourself from being isolated in what people call the "friendzone"?

3) Should we still build up investment/compliance on her part in the same way, are investment/compliance demands and the non-verbals what distinguish us from the "nice guy strategy" that you point out doesn't work in HS??

4) How much chasing is too much in highschool? This being a slow process makes me feel that I'll need to go out of my way to talk to her sometimes

Thank you

Richard

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Train,

Excellent questions, and you're spot on mostly.

1) Yes, should take on average 2-4 weeks. But it will go faster or slower depending on your social status, how tight your fundamentals are, things of that nature.

2) High-school game should be more friendly than normal, and you'll want to introduce a sexy or romantic vibe slowly over the course of many interactions. By week 3/4 you should be smacking her butt though, or something sexually playful like that. The line here is to not taint her social value, so you have to be friendly and non-direct, then slowly start injecting in some sexiness.

You avoid being friend-zoneded by having pre-selection, by injecting sexiness in over time, by not doing everything she wants you to do. Be scarce as well. Don't talk to her every day, and don't let her be the only girl you're talking to.

3) Nice guy strategy is being too openl and confessing your feelings. Its also nervous, like:
"Hey Amanda... I know this is weird, and I understand if you say no... b..but would you.." Already getting shot down.

You do want compliance though, so as things escalate through the weeks, call her over to talk to you, get her moving to meet you. Ask her to hold a book for you while you put your jacket on, things like that.

Avoid being to open for her, avoid doing everything for her when she asks you to...

4) How much chasing is too much... great question.

Over the 2-4 weeks, if you're handling things right, she'll be chasing you. Its why its crucial to get her complying to you, approaching you on your gesture, letting her talk to you only when you want her to...

So, you may start off kind of chasing, but the tables should turn as you progress further into that 2nd to 4th week.

PrettyDecent

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Good post. Wanted to add a few thoughts and jumbled comments to throw in.

As a disclaimer, my high school game was complete horseshit. No better way to put it. I literally had a girl telling mutual friends of ours that she was hoping I'd pull her into the school bathroom and have relations, and I still didn't go for the pull. But I digress...

High school girls are very horny, inexperienced, and curious, who are surrounded by tons of also inexperienced men to self-conscious themselves to try and close. Then you see a few guys just CLEANING the place out. And the guys I knew like this weren't considered "attractive" until they launched that pre-selection nuke.

Personally, I think most of the success comes from just isolating a girl, then boldly escalating. Of course, you do need an edge of sexiness, but much less so than once you leave high school. And after a few girls like that, and not telling other people, you get a reputation among women as a guy who can "deliver" and they'll seek you out themselves because they're secret is safe with you.

IMO, too many guys in high school have too high of standards, are waiting for the girl to escalate, or waiting for a girl to give them ANOTHER IOI before attempting escalation.

Your already distinguishing yourself from all the other guys if you just get her alone and escalate.

~Nick

Richard

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Nick -

I alluded to the point you were making without being explicit.

I've known guys who went balls out and pulled women by the means you were talking about, and others went balls out and were flat out rejected.

But in reality, you're mostly right... girls are inexperienced and curious (girls at my school weren't inexperienced though... 95% sluts...), but that curiosity is a great angle to play at in high school.

Thanks for the contribution Nick.

-Rich

DavidEdge

Space Monkey
space monkey
Wow, high school dating is very slow moving, yet I'm not sure if it's worth putting this much effort in high school girls. It takes time to build your social cycle and it can't come over night--it takes a hell of a lot of time.

Pre-selection isn't that tough, but it still takes work especially if you're a beginner. I thing I'll wait until my adulthood to get women, it's quicker that way and I'll improve faster. Besides, I think I like older women because they are mature.

All the great MASTERS all started after high school: Chase, Colt, Zphix, Mystery, etc. I have no patient to move slow, since I know now I have to move fast with women in "real life" and that GC tells guys to move quickly.

Really good article though you really gave us guys a great abstract of what dating/pick-up is like in high school.

Smurf

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
David,

Even if you choose not to try and pick up in high school, which I think you should, then at least work on your fundamentals like posture, facial expressions, things like that. It'll give you a good base and a sort of head start.

DavidEdge

Space Monkey
space monkey
Jake D. said:
David,

Even if you choose not to try and pick up in high school, which I think you should, then at least work on your fundamentals like posture, facial expressions, things like that. It'll give you a good base and a sort of head start.

Of course I'll work on my fundamentals Jake. I'm working on my voice, facial expression, and to appear effortless. Thanks for looking out for me though :)

Ross

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Wow, high school dating is very slow moving, yet I'm not sure if it's worth putting this much effort in high school girls. It takes time to build your social cycle and it can't come over night--it takes a hell of a lot of time.

I'm going to go ahead and dispel this myth right now. Every single one of my lays or FR++s in high school came within a few days of first talking to a girl. Any girl that I spent time on made it extremely apparent that something was going on, and thus called for the need of social control. And I was met with more resistance. The rules don't change in high school as far as I'm concerned. Girls don't become something completely different when they leave. Rather, it's the social context of being in the actual school that presents a challenge for some people.

Waiting to get better with women is the worst possible thing for progression. It's going to take time to build up these skills no matter what - getting started later will only make it require more time.

Richard

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I'm going to go ahead and dispel this myth right now. Every single one of my lays or FR++s in high school came within a few days of first talking to a girl. Any girl that I spent time on made it extremely apparent that something was going on, and thus called for the need of social control. And I was met with more resistance. The rules don't change in high school as far as I'm concerned. Girls don't become something completely different when they leave. Rather, it's the social context of being in the actual school that presents a challenge for some people.

Waiting to get better with women is the worst possible thing for progression. It's going to take time to build up these skills no matter what - getting started later will only make it require more time.

Ross,

While I agree with you, I purposely avoided the moving fast method that you used because I know that it doesn't work for everyone. You need some rounded out fundamentals, and have to have an idea of pick up already (in my opinion) to move like this, and I've seen average guys try to do this and get blown out of the water, so it's something I wanted to avoid talking about.

But I agree entirely on your second point as well: the sooner the better!!!!

Ross

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
No worries Zphix; it wasn't a critique of your thread, rather a piece of specific advice aimed at David. I'd rather people move fast, get blown out, and learn, than skate by avoiding controversy.

Richard

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Could not agree with you more! Its also why I said I hate moving slow... which works in high school but is definitely not for me... The learning curve is shortened so much when you step up, move fast and fail, and then keep pushing ;)

Knightrain

Space Monkey
space monkey
I hate wasting time too...

Questions:

If a girl is friendly and goes out of her way to talk to you, but she resists or refuses investment/compliance even after a few days of small talk, should I just assume she is not interested and move on?

Girls that invest/comply a good amount but are perpetually "too busy" when asking for a date are also not interested?

When do you decide if a girl is waste of time and effort?

thank you

Smurf

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Why not move on? In high school it's better not to risk a huge rejection because you see girls. EVERYDAY.

I feel like high school is a giant social circle. That's why pre selection is godlike at high school. Talk to as many girls as you can is something I do and suggest you do.

Jake.

>