How Do I Deal With Sexual Temptation While Learning How to Socialize?

Karea Ricardus D.

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
First thought was, "troll post", but then I saw you're bearing tools! 😅 How is sexual temptation getting in the way of socializing?

gameboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Yeah, I think you need to elaborate a bit with an example or two. I don"t understand your question either.

Ken

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
First thought was, "troll post", but then I saw you're bearing tools! 😅 How is sexual temptation getting in the way of socializing?
Well, I was trying to seduce women early on in my college years, but I didn't have much success at it because I didn't have friends before college and I needed to socialize a lot more. So I stopped doing it. How do I deal with wanting to have sex with women while I learn how to socialize? Because I know that I will not have sex with them while learning how to socialize.

gameboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
"Because I know that I will not have sex with them while learning how to socialize."

That's a limiting belief, and not helpful. You can definitely have sex with girls while learning to socialize. And you should, if you have the chance.

So there's not really a contradiction here. Just learn to socialize, and if you meet cute girls, flirt with them and see where it goes.

funkyjam

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I suggest reading a book like How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie. A one-sentence summary of the book is to show genuine interest in a person's interests, life, etc. when you're talking with him/her. It'll help you with your interactions with everybody.

Reactions: Ken

orkie123

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Become outcome independent.

E.g.

Today im going to go to this event and do my best to practise X skill. The only thing that matters is that I try to practise it. It doesnt matter if it works or if it doesnt.

And others have said, don't limit yourself. If you go to practise getting deep into people's interests and it ends up working well with a cute girl - ask her out. Because you are outcome independent, it doesnt matter what happens. You still practised the skill you set out to. If she says no, play it off like it was no big deal and you can still be friends if you are trying to expand your social circle.

Even with friends, you want them to think of you as someone who is capable to get girls, so if you ask them out and then end up as just friends, it's still better than going straight to just friends.

Reactions: Ken
>