How should a man's 30s ideally play out in your eyes?

Zanardi

Space Monkey
space monkey
the player life is quite a lonely life

I agree.

Well I must admit, I have less energy now (soon turning 28) than when I was 18.

I am 36 and I have more energy than my students, which are between 18 and 22. Calisthenics, cycling in the summer, skating in the winter, no smoking and almost no alcohol.

There is a saying out there that 30 is the new 20

Personally, I don't think 30s is the new 20s, because I live daily with 20s people and there are differences.

To be ontopic: there is not a one-size-fits-all advice. I live in Romania and most people at my age are already married and have children, while I do what I love (lecturer at my local Uni), travel, do daygame, go to theater shows, writing books, cycling...

Each lifestyle has its pros and cons. My friends have 9-to-5 in Bucharest corporations. They have bigger salaries than mine (1.5x) but guess what? They kinda lack spare time. Partly they're right but partly they're whining and complaining. I have a more variable schedule, because of the classes that I have each semester, winter and summer exams and, as I said, more free time on average than them to do beautiful things with my life. But guess what? Because of this heavy mismatch, most of the time I don't have access to them because they're at work. If I can, tomorrow I can hop into a train and visit Brasov, but who will come with me? Nobody on such a short notice. Because I am not ashamed in doing things alone, I am... doing things alone, like solo travelling and daygame and researching for Uni and loving all of those.

Yes, Bilzerian's lifestyle looks attractive, but I could never replicate this. I lived with my parents until I was 34, because we were saving money for my apartment. I live for two years alone, at the ripe age of 36. Did Dan ever had this trouble? Doubtful.

It all depends of what you want to do.

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
I have to say with all I read out there, in America there is a strong war on bachelorhood for sure, people make it seem really really abnormal.

BigPapa

Space Monkey
space monkey
I would say that things changed . Till recently it was abnormal for a woman not to be in a relationship and perfectly normal for a guy to be single . Now is the other way around .

I would say that this happens because till 100 years ago there were so many wars and guys were in low supply as they were fighting the wars .

let”s be honest , women have more social value than men , as a guy can date 50 women in the same time , while a woman can only 1 guy at a time in most cases

DarkKnight

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
@BigPapa agreed there are more men around than ever before because of the lack of wars. However most guys are not in the very least attractive by behaviour or fundamentals. So it's really easy to make them obsolete just by trumping them. And then you have to only worry about the few guys who actually do have high value or/and game. Girls want the best they can have, not the lower tier men. While men are much less discriminating.

Carousel

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I have to say with all I read out there, in America there is a strong war on bachelorhood for sure, people make it seem really really abnormal.

According to a recent report out of the Urban Institute, an unparalleled number of millennials will remain unmarried through age 40. Furthermore, the marriage rate is predicted to drop to 70 percent. This is around 10 – 20% lower than the last three generations. In fact, a 2014 paper out of the Pew Research Center reports this is the biggest drop in the marriage rate in history.

Carousel

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I would say that things changed . Till recently it was abnormal for a woman not to be in a relationship and perfectly normal for a guy to be single . Now is the other way around .

I would say that this happens because till 100 years ago there were so many wars and guys were in low supply as they were fighting the wars .

let”s be honest , women have more social value than men , as a guy can date 50 women in the same time , while a woman can only 1 guy at a time in most cases

Currently, 1 in 3 young men don't have sex. So valuable men are in short supply.

>