How to reboot your momentum

Carousel

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Momentum is the observation that recent good interactions and results tend to lead to more good interactions and results in the near future. This is true both on the macro-level (recent weeks) and micro-level (during an evening or day). It can be said to be a flow state.

Bad momentum may happen due to simply being out of PU for some time or experiencing negative life events like excessive work stress, business failures, high level drama from people close to you, sickness etc.

In such a situation it is necessary to "reboot" momentum.

I have observed that this follows the sequence below:

Passivity => Social Activity => Sexual Escalation

These require an explanation.

The "Passivity" phase can almost be regarded as a freeze. You will get almost nothing for free and you will to have to actively initiate social interactions with women: https://www.girlschase.com/content/get-way-more-out-your-club-pickups-mass-approaching In extreme cases, this is the "big zero" - go out and not interact with any women and then go home.

The "Social Activity" phase will be characterized by abundant social interactions, but many almost all sets will go nowhere. You will get almost no escalation for free, and in that case usually with women you don't want to go for. This is actually worse for more advanced guys who won't go for low-quality women, who tend to be the first to respond favorably in this phase. You will have to actively initiate sexualization of the interactions with techniques like sextalk etc by using SOTs: https://www.skilledseducer.com/threads/seduction-oriented-topics.21690/

The "Sexual Escalation" phase will be characterized by interactions that will rather easily lead to pulls and lays. There will also usually be almost free lays and women throwing themselves at you.

This progression will be similar when you go to highly unfamiliar venues, therefore it is standard advice to go to unfamiliar venues when on high momentum. And is more or less a micro-version of the overall progression from newbie to PUA. Rebooting your momentum and adapting to new venues takes less time the more advanced you are. By being aware of the phases and the techs needed to solve each step, the time will also be reduced.

Last edited:

Watts

Modern Human
Modern Human
The "Sexual Escalation" phase will be characterized by interactions that will rather easily lead to pulls and lays. There will also usually be almost free lays and women throwing themselves at you.

Gotta tell them the truth, make it obvious. Go out and fuck a fat chick.:cool:

On a honest and humble note, I remember going to a vacation spot, and being there for the last night. I was at the bar, and there weren't any really good prospects, but I was just bullshitting around, being social and fun, and this girl, we'll call her a 6 in Spanx, was responding very favorably.

Her and her friend went to the bathroom, I looked at the time, looked around the bar, and said "Fuck it", and when she came out I pulled her in about 15 minutes.

Now here is the funny thing, the next day I was walking around shopping a bit, and I just felt like an animal. I felt like a predator ready to pounce on any sexy girl that passed by. I was just very primed to think of things to say and do with any attractive woman I came across.

I believe it was the combination of an ultra-fast pull (total time could not have been more than an hour), and the fact that I just went to sleep, woke up, and started walking around.

I've also had similar results with extended no-fap! (both the aggressive sexual animal... and fucking fat girls! haha)

Watts

Modern Human
Modern Human
I'll add to this, on a more serious note.

So I found when I first started getting into this, that I would always be off with the first 2 or even 3 girls I talked to in a night. Later that became 1 or 2, or just 1.

I referred to these girls as "burners".

I knew it wouldn't work, and I avoided talking to girls I thought were really special beforehand (before warming up).

I won't go in to all the negative psychological traps of this, but the point is to illustrate how momentum works.

This will happen to me if I go a very long stretch of not going out, but its much, much more minor, and I'm also able to recover from it better (less momentum dependent as skill improves).

Another trick is to socialize with people on the way to the venue, or who work there (with the added benefit of establishing you there).

So I might try to make the bartender laugh (or at least smile) before I even talked to an attractive girl.

And this social momentum helped me get over the hump with the girl where there is both the social and sexual hookpoint to consider.

I also find naturally going out consistently week after week helps with this, as well as if you do Thurs/Fri/Sat (in a healthy, balanced way), that you get better as the nights go on.

That's also when I'm not socializing as much during the week. If you have a very social job, it might be different (might benefit less from momentum / might feel socially drained).

Watts

Modern Human
Modern Human
Thanks @Carousel! I appreciate it!

I find that if you go out consistently, and keep accumulating experience and knowledge, your views tend to converge with other people who are doing the same.

>