How to regain a girl's interest in this particular situation?

Kai Reyder

Space Monkey
space monkey
And just to preempt the most obvious (and best) advice you could give me - don't worry. I will find other girls, I'm not hung up on just this particular one.
I simply don't want to keel over and just let her go without a fight.

I already read The Ultimate Guide on How to Get a Girl Back, but my situation is a bit peculiar because of this whole pandemic thing. Had I actually listened to advice from other articles on this site, I wouldn't have had to read that one in the first place. Well... no use crying over spilled milk. Best I can do now is try to slurp it off the goddamn table. Anyway... the backstory.

I had some heavy flirtation going on with a girl for about a week before we all went back to our hometowns before the lock-down. She even invited me over to watch a movie, but I didn't pull the trigger (fucking kill me). During the quarantine we messaged quite a lot, and mostly sexual topics. Like I said - lots of heavy flirtation. It all stopped about a month ago. She texts back, but never initiates - as opposed to her mostly initiating first, as was the case previously.
I have two assumptions about what might have caused it:

1. She and her roommates moved out the place they were in around the time she stopped texting me (I learned of this from her roommate - we chat sometimes). She saw that, counter to her expectations, the lock-down wasn't going to end soon, and that there was no point in continuing our conversations, seeing as we wouldn't be seeing each other for quite a few months.
2. She simply found another dude who is actually there instead of a 6 hour bus ride from the college city (perfectly reasonable thing to do). This could also be a consequence of reason no. 1.

Why am I asking this?
Well, as it happens, I will be going back to our college city for a few days and would like to have her come over (she is about an hour's drive away). I assume that she might be up for it. I'm just not sure what would be the best way to go about it. So, my question is:
How do I go about contacting her with the highest chance of her wanting to come see me?
We haven't exchanged any messages for about two weeks, so I would like advice on leading a conversation towards my getting back to the city and inviting her to come.

Also, I will do some game in general while I'm there, so if you have any advice on that account, I'm all ears.

This turned out to be a bit longer than I assumed it would be.
Thanks for reading!

Velasco

Modern Human
Modern Human
"Hey guess what?" (wait for "what?")
"I have some good news but I've also got some really fucked up bad news (to make her more likely to ask for the bad news first). which do you want to hear first?"

Then relieve the tension by talking about how there actually is no bad news. you were just fucking with her.

then after her, "hahahaha you're so NOT funny" blah blah blah, tell her the good news is that you're gonna be in your college down for a couple days. and how you guys should get together one of these days.

Kai Reyder

Space Monkey
space monkey
Oooh, thanks man! I especially like how fast it seems. My brilliant plan was to try and engineer an entire conversation leading to the subject lol.
I do have some questions to help clarify your advice, if you don't mind.

"Hey guess what?" (wait for "what?")
"I have some good news but I've also got some really fucked up bad news (to make her more likely to ask for the bad news first). which do you want to hear first?"

Then relieve the tension by talking about how there actually is no bad news. you were just fucking with her.

In case she asks for the good news first, should I just carry on and mention that I will be coming back and invite her, and only after she asks for the bad news I tell her I was just fucking with her?

And in the case she does ask for the bad news first

then after her, "hahahaha you're so NOT funny" blah blah blah, tell her the good news is that you're gonna be in your college down for a couple days. and how you guys should get together one of these days.
I'm assuming the blah blah refers to her response, and not any back-and-forth between the two of us. From your advice I got the impression that I should get to the point and arrange a meet up as soon as possible.

And I do apologise if the questions sound a bit daft, but I have absolutely no experience with this stuff.

Anyway, I will definitely follow your advice and send her the message a few days (?) before i head back to the city.
Thanks again!

Velasco

Modern Human
Modern Human
In case she asks for the good news first, should I just carry on and mention that I will be coming back and invite her, and only after she asks for the bad news I tell her I was just fucking with her?
If she asks, "what's the good news"? first,
Be like, "he has risen" (doesnt matter if she doesnt get it. Just say something silly).

So when shes then like, "lol so then what's the bad news?"
Be like, "well the bad news is..."

Next text: "Do you really want to know?" (Draw it out for tension)

"The bad news is that I'm gonna be in our college town this Saturday (whatever day your gonna be there)....but only for a few days *crying emoji* (so its framed as bad news for HER, because she'll only get a couple days to see you).

From there talk about what days your gonna be there. And set up a meet.

From your advice I got the impression that I should get to the point and arrange a meet up as soon as possible
Yeah lol.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Kai Reyder

Space Monkey
space monkey
Wow, this looks like really good advice. Just what I needed.
I don't know when exactly I'll be going back, but when I do, I'll send her that and report back here ;). And if she declines, well, there will be plenty more girls to fuck around with. It's a college city after all, and the lockdown measures are being relieved.

Thanks for the advice! I'll try to make the best of it.

Kai Reyder

Space Monkey
space monkey
"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - some clever dude, probably

So, I tried using the template @Velasco gave me and sent her "hey [name], guess what?", to which she replied "hey" "you're in [city]?" which kind of surprised me, but I decided to take it as a good sign. Our plan having been thrown into the wood chipper with one simple unforeseen message, I decided to wing it. Probably a bad idea for someone with my level of skill, but that's all I had. Anyway...

Me: umm no...
Her: what then?
Me: but that is weird
Her: why O .o?
Me: are you reading my mind or something ? (crying laughing emoji)
Her: only when I look you in the eye : P
Her: so you're coming to [city] xD
Me: (responding to the flirtatious message) oh do you, now? and what's it say?
Me: but yeah lol. I'm coming to [city]
Me: only for a few days, of course. if you happen to find yourself there we should meet up
Her: (replying to my response) I have to see you first to tell you that

After that she said how she was in the city at the time, having found a job, that she will be coming to the city very often and will live there through the summer when she finds a place to live.
I asked her where she worked and she said that she was a waitress at a restaurant (which is a stone's throw away from my place - convenient, huh?).
Then I said that we would probably meet up, seeing as she would be in the city often, to which she replied "hope so".

So boys... I'll probably be coming to the city at Saturday and staying for 4-5 days.
Any advice on how to proceed? I'm thinking of sending her a message when I get to the city asking her where she is and when she'll be in the city.
If you have some other ideas I'd like to hear them. Maybe this time I won't be forced to go off-road the moment she replies lol.

Velasco

Modern Human
Modern Human
@Kai Reyder

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - some clever dude, probably

Great quote :)

But good to see, that through your freestyled text exchange, you got the gist of the vibe behind the template. Spike her intrigue, flirt, reveal your news + scarcity, screen logistics and suggest meet up. Straight forward. No back and forth blah blah blah.

From here on saturday, I'd send a sunglasses emoji to signal that you've arrived in the city (ideally at night. in case you get in the city in the morning/afternoon). Of course you dont have to. You can do whatever's congruent with your personality "hey hey hey" "yo" or whatever. Then after she replies, yeah, "what u up to?" And go from there...you got this :)

Kai Reyder

Space Monkey
space monkey
Velasco, my man, you are an absolute gem. :)
The sunglasses emoji sounds like a great idea and I actually did plan to send it in the evening, but I don't know why, so I'm curious why you suggested it. Is it the more intimate and sexual nature of the night, or some other reason?

As a side-note, she messaged me saying something like "if [mutual female friend] mentions something to you, disregard it... she got something all wrong so I went along with it for a joke (crying laughing emoji)". I took it as a good sign, don't know why.
Ahhh, girls... they just can't help but talk about boys, can they?

In any case, I got her interest back, so this whole thing was a success, it seems. When I have other questions I may open a different thread.
Hell, if I play my cards right I might write a lay report. :cool:

Again, thanks for all the help Velasco. You're a beast :cool:

>