How We Judge Others is How We Judge Ourselves

Carousel

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
What I am saying is not rationalizing mediocrity, what I am saying is that the pickup stuff makes you seem strange and weird in the sense that, it's just strange and weird. There is a difference between being strange and being exceptional. In an ideal scenario, you incorporate game into that very social setting without being that over the top like some cartoon character or comedy toon, big difference here.
So you have multiple places now referred to pickup as making you socially strange. And you wrote this in the "integration" thread:

You are a socially fulfilled people person instead of some pump and dump psychopath.

But then I have to ask, before I say anything more:

Why on earth are you starting dozens of threads asking for help on a forum populated by PUAs if you think their usual methods lead to social weirdness or morally abhorrent behavior?

HandsomeSexGod

Space Monkey
space monkey
I came across this interesting article from Mark Manson about judging other people. I know Mark has gone mainstream with a lot of his writing and opinions, but I find he has some good gems here and there, and this is one of them.

This particular section of the article stuck out to me:

I instantly thought of some of the posters on here who are obsessed with wanting to be the guy who fist bumps "alpha" dudes when they walk into a room or the guy who shows up to a bar/club with hot girls on his arm to make other people jealous.

It makes perfect sense, if they were socially awkward back in high school/college then that's the yardstick they use to measure themselves now in adulthood. That's why "just game and pickup" doesn't seem to be enough for these folks, or why they see someone in a happy relationship living out in the 'burbs as a "loser."

There's a couple of other examples, like the poor kid who is obsessed with becoming rich, or the born-again Christian who judges everyone around them who hasn't "found Jesus" and whatnot. You guys should take a gander at the article.

But the part about the social status stuck out to me right away since there's been a lot (gazillion maybe?) of posts revolving around social status and popularity going on in the forums these past 4-5 months or so and this excerpt does a good job of understanding some of the "why".

This is quite true. Atleast I can say it's true for myself to an extent... I used to purposely be keeping my virginity for marriage...then I learnt about about what life really is and I went to the total opposite side of the spectrum (manwhore).

I try not to judge people..but I obviously do.

I can agree, what you think of others says more about yourself than it says about them.

Reactions: Hue

uriel

Space Monkey
space monkey
I feel compelled to bring an opinion that is contrarian to this thread for the purpose of balance.

While I agree that in general, when you judge someone harshly, you are reflecting on your own imperfect value system And sometimes your own shortcomings... I also think that most people either go to extreme ways: 1) Being extremely judgmental (bad), 2) Not judging at all (much better but still imperfect in my opinion).

I feel that the equality and shaming culture makes people (especially men) afraid to judge even when it would be beneficial to the involved.

So I think you should give yourself permission to judge... to define firmly what you think is pointless or insufferable.
Keep in mind, though, that expressing it will have bad social consequences 95% of the time so also be intelligent when to express it and when not to.

I heard a guy say once that you do not have to criticize people but you can still cut them of your life if they don’t meet your standards.
That’s probably a good example of what I am trying to convey.

Don't be afraid to judge, as men and seducers we should strive to be leaders and have standards.
Be intelligent, thought, on how and when to express it (if even) and also be smart to recognize why some things of other people bother you.

Last edited: