How Women can see Casual Sex (for those who aren't so keen)

Marty

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Zac:

I find this "problematic", as they say in California.

Her argument is essentially that your body is sacred and therefore you should not pollute it by sharing it with someone who is not in tune with you, not emotionally connected, whom you do not respect. All perfectly reasonable stuff so far.

But then she makes a fallacious logical leap and says that this implies you shouldn't have casual sex. It implies no such thing, as anyone can see who has a decent ability at reasoning.

To state the obvious: who's to say that you can't have a casual partner who is in tune, is emotionally connected with you, whom you do respect? That person may not want a serious relationship, or he/she might already be in (a different) one, or might be leaving town soon... the possibilities are endless.

Let's not lose sight of the broader perspective.

-Marty

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Marty,

Marty said:
To state the obvious: who's to say that you can't have a casual partner who is in tune, is emotionally connected with you, whom you do respect? That person may not want a serious relationship, or he/she might already be in (a different) one, or might be leaving town soon... the possibilities are endless.

Let's not lose sight of the broader perspective.

Don't worry. I see where she's going. But she didn't rule out sex in relationships. i guess that's what she meant. To treat herself and ask women to treat themselves better in general. It's the same perspective like three date rule with some women.

Marty said:
But then she makes a fallacious logical leap and says that this implies you shouldn't have casual sex. It implies no such thing, as anyone can see who has a decent ability at reasoning.

It isn't so bad, I see her biasness. ;)

Zac

>