If my facebook is not high value and never has been, am I better off deleting it?

hater58

Space Monkey
space monkey
I have a lot of old pictures where I look pretty different and bad, and very few photos that are recent. I haven't been tagged in any photos in 2.5-3 years and I feel like if a girl were to look at my facebook, I don't see how it would lead to an improved impression of me. My instagram posts thus far have been pretty funny, so I was thinking that I might be better off just deactivating the facebook and keep adding to the IG. Thoughts?

Tr1cky

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Yes to deactivating a shitty Facebook.

No to posting "funny" pics on Instagram. It took me a long time to realize but funny is anti seductive. It can provide some social lubricant but other than that it's useless in seduction.

The emotions you want to be conveying, or evoking, are

-intrigue
-FOMO/"jealousy"
-Social status

I'm sure you're not posting only funny pics like some meme lord but the fact you mentioned that as an example means you likely put too much emphasis on it.

Toby2030

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Why did you delete your last post and post the same question again?

Skjöldr

Modern Human
Modern Human

No to posting "funny" pics on Instagram. It took me a long time to realize but funny is anti seductive. It can provide some social lubricant but other than that it's useless in seduction.

The emotions you want to be conveying, or evoking, are

-intrigue
-FOMO/"jealousy"
-Social status

I'm sure you're not posting only funny pics like some meme lord but the fact you mentioned that as an example means you likely put too much emphasis on it.
Humour is insanely powerful to establish sexual frames in intereactions (cocky funny). But yeah don't post dorky cringe shit on your social media.

Rakkum

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Hater, as much as I'm waiting for Facebook to crash and burn, you don't need to deactivate your FB account because of this.

I still have FB, with plenty of cool and older not-so-cool stuff in there. My experience has been, though, that I'm perfectly fine with not doing the whole social media thing.

Here's a chat I had yesterday:

Chick: .... You're cute! Do you have an Insta account?
Me: .... As to Instagram, no but we can do this on WhatsApp if you promise not badger me in the middle of the night :D
Chick: I swear not to [smiley emojis] Mine is xxx xxx.

Next thing I did was to send a voice clip telling her to save the number.

hater58

Space Monkey
space monkey
So you guys are saying to not necessarily deactivate the facebook?

West_Indian_Archie

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Yes to this. Chris D'Elia's issues also reveal a bit of how humor (or relatively more fame) isn't a deal maker. Arguably most famous comedians have dealt with humor not being the cure-all..but that's a bigger chat.

Game Solved spoke on decreasing humor as part of your approach in his book. Paraphrasing him,
Humor breaks tension, but most of the time what you want is tension" (social, sexual, psychological..)

This has general implications across the board, with openers, with self-amusement, placebo effects....

I said this once on a forum a long time ago - can you pull the chick without jokes/joking around? And folks found the idea inconceivable. Posed the same issue on seddit, and was downvoted to oblivion lol.

WIA

hater58

Space Monkey
space monkey
Put some pics through this website on photofeeler to get feedback from women. Results were pretty discouraging overall My last 2 profile pics got 3.9 and 4.5 attractiveness. Last few photos on IG averaged 6 attractiveneess, still discouraging.

Leaning towards just deactivating the facebook.

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I found that being tagged in photos from events taken by other people was beneficial. I use FB Groups to manage events I'm a part of. It is part of my social life for determining logistics and RSVPs for events.

When Public events start happening again try posting concerts and festivals you are attending. Develop a network of people doing the same thing. Make joint travel arrangements, etc.

>