Problem Report  I'm leaving the boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKnight

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Hectortroy can be deleted or merged if you want or if it is convenient. Simba should be untouched since it is not mine

DarkKnight

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
@Teevster I agree, we can just delete this thread and the account. Thanks for the support, although i know this comment too will be deleted lol

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
I'm sorry about the delay here, DK.

I thought (apparently prematurely) we resolved on Tuesday:

dk-boards.jpg

Wasn't on after that and didn't see you hadn't regained access. Looks like from the sound of it you never received the email?

I think we are still getting successful signups, so it looks like email is still delivering for some users... I think?

Did the "HectorTroy" signup get an email response to your inbox?

If it's a broader email delivery problem (I'm not certain it is... but it might be; I'd need to look into it), I may know the cause.

Girls Chase has been getting hit with very heavy fake email signup attempts trying to get our email service disconnected since mid-December (the game is, they hit you with a ton of fake email signups that bounce, like tens of thousands of them, trying to get your email delivery shut down with a sky-high bounce rate). It's possible that is happening with SS as well, or there's spillover since they share the same email delivery service, and that delivery is suffering.

We have a likely technical solution for this to prevent these bot signups from swamping us with fake email signups, but it won't be implemented for another week at least.

Once that's fixed our email delivery should normalize.

That said, it seems that emails coming from girlschase.com are reaching everyone without issue right now.

So I'm not certain if that's the case or not.

I need to look into SS emailing further.

Chase

DarkKnight

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Hey Chase,

Girls Chase has been getting hit with very heavy fake email signup attempts trying to get our email service disconnected since mid-December (the game is, they hit you with a ton of fake email signups that bounce, like tens of thousands of them, trying to get your email delivery shut down with a sky-high bounce rate). It's possible that is happening with SS as well, or there's spillover since they share the same email delivery service, and that delivery is suffering.

Hey Chase,

It seems that the above has been partially succesful by the perpetrators. My outlook-linked emailadresses didnt receive any email feedback which is where the problems began. For HectorTroy I used an alternate outlook linked email to try out if it receives email validation links. It didn't. Then I tried out creating another brand new outlook email (because it will have no precedence), again no succes. I tried this across two different browsers, perhaps the bug was there. Again no succes. Tried to add skilled seducer to "safe senders" . Same story.

@Klimax suggested using a gmail adress when I entered the chat as s!mba. Gmail adress worked immediately and problem was resolved at least for HectorTroy.

It seems that for whatever reason outlook linked emails are not receiving validation links or password request emails. Because I had noticed that DK had a changed password I tried to apply for a password request (Since I didn't receive the link you guys had sent already). It didn't work and I was effectively shut out.

Looks as if outlook is filtering skilled seducer out.. or it is something else which I have not identified.

Last edited:

Mike Silvertree

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
@Darknight:Seems to me that outlook is filtering skilled seducer out.

Very likely. Silicon Valley is using 1984 as an guide, not a cautionary tale. Unwoke is the new unclean.

About 2 years ago, I switched to Fastmail, which I can use on my phone, browser, and old school Thunderbird SMTP/POP email client on my desktop. I pay $5 US/month and it is private, they do not read my mail unless a technician has to to fix my account, which is highly unlikely, and they do not filter what I can read.

It is likely that the major browsers will start censoring the sites you can visit eventually. Pale Moon is what Mozilla used to be. Worth remembering when it comes to that.

This is gonna get worse before it gets better, if it ever does.

Rain

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
That said, it seems that emails coming from girlschase.com are reaching everyone without issue right now.
I just tried the reset my girlschase password, not for the forums, but for the article website, and I do not receive it. This happened months ago as well. Had to get a support ticket to get the password reset. It's not in my junk folder. Like darkknight, the email used for articles is hotmail/outlook etc address. The support emails came through after I put a ticket on.

But this would not be coming from skilledseducer, it would be coming from girlschase com email. But the girlschase com support emails come through, its the automated reset password email that does not come through. Is that a separate bug?
So is that a coincidence that like him I do not get this reset article password, or is it the issue you mentioned in your post?

Made a separate thread anyway

Last edited:

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
We've had problems with sending to Hotmail/Outlook for a while now. Going back at least a few years.

Emails we send to those addresses often get 'black holed', which is where the email does not go to a promotions box, spam box, anything -- it simply is not delivered.

Anyway, we'll get the tech implemented this week to stop this bot army that's trying to overwhelm our mail server, and see if that improves deliverability.

Meanwhile, we should probably get a disclaimer added to the signup pages about Hotmail/Outlook emails...

Mike Silvertree

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder

Water

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I KNOW THIS IS LATE BUT GOOD BYE AND GOOD LUCK. I READ SOME OF YOUR POSTS WHILE I WAS LURKING,.

Water

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
@Meteora

It was a misunderstanding. He is still here. :D Under the real username @DarkKnight
Also, please keep an eye on my posts. I am re-learning game from level 0. I was good enough to get 5 new lays in under 5 weeks at my peak, but who cares about the past accomplishments. Right now, I'm a newbie with no skills and I'm a white belt again. I'd appreciate your advice whenever possible!

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
5 new lays in under 5 weeks at my peak

This is good.

Not many people accomplished as such. Yea, maybe in this community, this is decent but the general public and it's standards, this record is pretty impressive.

I am re-learning game from level 0

Oh yea. We all do have to do that from time to time. :)

z@c+

Water

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
This is good.

Not many people accomplished as such. Yea, maybe in this community, this is decent but the general public and it's standards, this record is pretty impressive.

Oh yea. We all do have to do that from time to time. :)

z@c+
2 year dry spell, breast cancer from one of my parents, drug addiction, heart broken twice by low quality girls, being treated like shit by both girls, game and internet addiction, being doxxed and threatened and blackmailed, all my shit was hacked. Lost all my bank stuff and my social security. This past 2 years has been aweful, and corona ahs made me stay at home but its clearing and I do make approaches and get numbers but my game isn't tight enough to get dates yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
>