INPUT: Colt's Modernizing His Tinder Course. What to Update?

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Hey fellas,

For anyone who owns Colt's Tinder course... OR anyone who's an inveterate Tinderer... Colt's in the process of updating the course for 2020.

He finished it in mid-2014 and we launched in early 2015. Much has changed since then. If you own the course, what changes should the updated version make?

If you don't, any thoughts on what you think the course should absolutely contain are welcome too.

Franco's had a bunch of input and I'm getting Colt his thoughts. Colt of course is aware of the altered dating app landscape. Anything anyone here specifically wants to see included/covered, however, he'd be grateful to hear, and glad to incorporate.

Just let me know in this thread, and I'll make sure it reaches him.

Chase

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Chase,

The photos doesn't work today, I mean not today today but at the time. For me only I guess. Let me try his photos stategies in there along with my captions on Facebook dating.

And I will try it on tinder too.

I will note back in a month.

Zac

JacobPalmer

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I'll admit, I'm an avid tinder/online dater, but I don't own Colts material.

I think the changes that should be made (as a broad change) are to come at it from the viewpoint of a high status/value guy. e.g. would a high status guy use the "song lyrics opener?" Probably not.

Photos - These are still the most important part about online dating - you need the best photos possible. I was terrible at picking the ones where I looked the best. At the end I ended up getting some professional shots done and using photofeeler.com but with one caveat. I still used the pictures where I looked best in (highest attractiveness score), BUT I also only used the ones where I got a lot of comments of "I'd date them" or "hot" or something along those lines. Because just because the photo is great doesn't necessarily mean the girl wants to get together. So a high attractiveness score and lots of comments saying "I'd date you" etc were my best performing photos. This is what gave me my best results. Also, 2-3 face pictures and the rest are action shots. A good body shot also helps. Shoot for 5+ photos total, but don't add more if they don't add anything to your profile. And absolutely no selfies. Another neat trick is to use Hinge, and then see which photos get liked the most. Generally, the photos that got picked the most were the same ones with the best scores/comments on photofeeler.

Congruence - Your photos, bio, and text game all have to be congruent. Having photos where you come across as fun/goofy but then you text super seriously? Not going to work.

Frame - There's one specific frame you need to set, and that is fun, sexy, but not overbearingly so, while also maintaining that you're high value.

Texting - at least at the start, messages need to be short, intriguing, and easy to respond to. They also need to be somewhat unique and tailored to her. Don't just spit out lines. Because girls are getting tons of matches daily, you don't want her to have to think of a difficult response when you text her.

Swiping - don't swipe on everyone - not sure why this was mentioned in Colts material in the first place, as it's just dumb. For one, it lowers your "tinder score" so you get placed lower in the stack (meaning you'll get shown to less people). Swipe on the people you want, usually 10-30% right swipes.

Patience - sometimes I don't hear back after my initial opener for over a week. And it's totally ok to persist and send another text after some time has gone by, because what usually happens is that girls get overwhelmed with the number of messages they have.

Messaging right away - if you're in a conversation with someone, you don't have to do the whole "Waiting 15 minutes etc" to text them back. Having that fast conversation builds momentum, and that's what you want. Also, try to move over to whatsapp so you can do voice memos - I love these little things as it's like a staggered phone call.

That's all I can think of right now. :)

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Zac here.

Updated:

Tinder. I have 8 likes which i have not matched yet. Only 2-3 days in. This is using my strategy. I will email to you and note more.

As for other dating apps, Tantan (chinese app in Asia): My results = So far only 1 match but nothing at all. It's a new app. So not so much girls i guess.

I guess i need to pay for membership, like you Chase, in the past. I should join a 'christian dating' website premium. Yea 'christian' it is. :)

Zac

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Belated thank you, fellas.

Thanks for checking this out, Zac.

Jacob, just pasted your response into an email for Colt. He has the link to this thread as well.

Franco additionally sent me some great thoughts and tips to send over. So we should have a pretty bolted down and updated system once Colt's through :)

Chase

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
This Guy’s Tinder Experiment Shows How Girls Respond To Creepy Messages From Hot Guys, And It’s Quite Shocking

Tinder? First of all, some people, not only me, I can count razir110 as well need serious convincing Tinder is a worthwhile investment of their efforts at all. Some Tinder-expert YouTuber joined the forum, I gave him my constructive criticism or call it doubt, then he disappeared without a trace.

As I understand if you are average looking you have to spend big bucks on professional photo shoots, and have your fashion totally nailed before anything. I mean I consider myself relatively well dressed IRL, even if I don't put much effort into my clothing, I can feel confident I'm one of the better dressed guys in the room (in a relaxed way). But my old worn clothes even if the work IRL compared to the pack, they won't do the trick on Tinder.

Speaking of fashion, one of the most important item is a good pair shoes. Some say, some argue, but for the sake of discussion let's assume. Speaking of an expert disappearing from constructive criticism, Chase, I gave to you my constructive criticism on your boots project, we haven't heard a word from you on it since then. I pondered what would Girls Chase' resident fashion advisor, Darius think about your boots project? Who is Girls Chase's chief fashion advisor then? You, Chase, or Darius? At best Darius would approve it only to a certain subset of guys who fit that specific style-personality, at worst, even to those guys he would advise something classier like any sane fashion expert would do. At least this is my reading of the situation. If you are a shoe snob and know what brands to look for you can find a plethora of classy, manly boots for much cheaper than your suggested price range from much more established brads. Think of brands with 100 years of history.

Speaking on online, while I'm still very skeptical about Tinder I'm kind of intrigued by Instagram. Many suggest if you are not a Dan Bilzerian you should simply clear out, but I'm still intrigued. If nothing else, for science. For someone who isn't Dan Bilzerian, let's consider a musician (which I'm not, just use the example as a sake of argument). Most musicians aren't world famous, they have a few fans consisting of a small group of friends and family maybe. James Marshall of The Natural Lifestyles was a musician. He said fame game, when he was on stage worked worse for him than if he were in the audience approaching. Chase, you were one too if my memory is correct. Should a small scale musician pursue Instagram?

Witcher

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hello Chase,

As a user of Tinder (and other datings app) with Colt Method as my core way of doing for almost a year. I started mainly using it when I went abroad for work(Japan). I would say that among my other male friends I started to look like a sort of sorcerer since I was the only one who was getting Dates regularly from Dating Apps. Even better the girls I met using COlt System were most of the times what I would quality girls in both Mind and Boday which was a happy surprise when we know the reputation of Online dating.

You can find below my feedback.

Good Things to Keep:
1. The Structure gives you clear direction about how to move forward the process and actually reminds you that you have to close. Also having a rapport phase makes you able to get girls you would maybe not get without it.

2.The Silly Tinder Line: I would say that things never failed me once, 100% success rate even in conservative countries. It became an integral part of my game even outside Tinder. I even use it to close the girls I have on my facebook who are not a direct friend but in the extended social circle.

3.The mention that Tinder Girls are not easy girls. This was a great reminder to always take Anti Slut Defense and Female State Controle into consideration during the whole process.

Things to Improve:
1.More information about the rapport phase: not too many details there and I had to use other GC articles about Rapport and Deep Diving to make it work.

2. The profile making section should be reviewed. First, the Video format wasn't great for understanding the principles behind profile creation. Second the now, the profile section of Tinder is updated with more pictures.

3. Field Report: The ones in the course are more about what happened after the Tinder Close. So it would be good to add 2 other field reports where the online phase is better illustrated. I would suggest one classical and easy and another one with a more difficult girl.

4. A suggested best Tinder Date Process. Since Colt Method doesn't attract only DTF Girls. Many times a "Hook Up Date" is not always the best one to go. Maybe integrating it with the SAC Date selection process?

Hope this helps

Hector Papi Castillo

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
The market is super saturated, from what I see.

I think the new guide should include some really deep texting technique. Obviously within Tinder contexts, but like deep, deep analysis (down to the punctuation, emojis). Cuz text game will help a lot.

But yeah, I think be honest that most of it is your pictures. Put an in-depth guide on fashion, fitness, etc. It'll also give a full package of "self improvement" that guys like. Though it may be too honest and lose some guys who think, "I need to be a model." cuz anybody can get ripped if they put in the work and that will make up for even an ugly mug. So a few shirtless pics of a ripped six pack, then some good fashion from a professional photographer? Bam.

Best Tinder I've EVER seen is a close friend of mine. He's good looking (not gorgeous, but good looking), but he's HUGE. Dude could walk into a body building competition with a week's notice and win. Looks like a greek god.

He got like 160 matches in 2 days or some shit.

So yeah, photos are the Gods of Tinder and text game are the attendants of said gods.

Hector

>