Internal Consistency and My Stumble

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I thought I share some notes on the general tab, because I feel it is important.

When you see Zac being a hypocrite, it is because the reality he is standing, is in jeopardy. Without the reality state, Zac dies. Zac is limited to the current reality that he is in.

You see this with internet marketers. They are very quiet about internet courses criticisms, but that's okay. Coffeezilla will put all of us out of business. You have to address the criticism from time to time. I even gotten it on my profile.

Anyway, how does this affect with girls?

When you are a beginner, Girlschase always ask you to go out and approach. The reason in my opinion, is because Girlschase are creating a false limitation in your brain. If you don't create a false limitation, you will always seek information because information is limitless.

When I was angry at some Tribal elders here, it was because they were discussing things and limited the convo to just this topic. In my opinion, they could have elaborated more, and their thought process could have been better, but again, creating a false limitation in a framework so as to get results.

There seems to be a balance of understanding where your reality is, that is your job and social repercussions and creating false limitation

versus seeking out real data. I'm not sure still how I will figure both out but I will

z@c+

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
@ZacAdam,

When you are a beginner, Girlschase always ask you to go out and approach. The reason in my opinion, is because Girlschase are creating a false limitation in your brain. If you don't create a false limitation, you will always seek information because information is limitless.

Right.

Technically, some guys CAN study for a long while, then go out, and be much better prepared.

I have seen multiple guys over the years who studied game for 1+ years before finally doing many approaches, and once they got started their learning curves were swift.
I know a guy who's getting back into the game after more than a decade out of it. Rather than dive right back in, he spent months reviewing all his old forum posts, rebuilding his routine stack, and getting himself back into that headspace. Once he started approaching again, he was rusty, but he already had a lot of his old stuff back in mind again (much of which he'd previously largely forgotten). Instant dated and almost pulled a girl home off the beach a few hours after meeting her in one of his first approaches back.

This is a minority though. And a lot of the guys who say they're doing this are more stalling than anything.

It's impossible to diagnose over the Internet how much of what a guy is asking and studying rather than approaching is stuff he genuinely needs to know, vs. how much of it is him stalling so he doesn't have to go out and face rejection. In most new guys, it's much more 'stalling' than 'necessary', and the reference points he'll gain from being in-field will clear up many of the questions he has outside the field.

So, the best thing you can do, more often than not, is compel him to go approach.

Maybe he really did have a few genuinely good questions where, had he had the right info on those, it would've made his approaching go much smoother.

There's no reliable way for someone to know that over the web though. So the default is always going to be, "Get out there, go approach, then report back and we'll talk."

There's also a more... selfish?... reason for advanced guys to tell guys this: the vast majority of guys who get interested in this space will never seriously start to approach. So telling guys to go approach, then reserving most feedback for the guys who actually do, is an easy filter to avoid wasting time on guys who want a bunch of theoretical knowledge they are never going to use, and instead direct it to the guys who will actually do something with it. Teachers are human too, and have their own wants, and one of their wants is that they want to work with students who will apply their lessons and actually put in the work.

Also, recall that the field answers many questions for guys. There are a limited number of advanced instructors, and most of them aren't being paid for their help. They can spend all day answering questions the field will easily answer, or they can just tell guys, "Get out in the field and let the field answer that for you."

e.g., if you are a carpenter, and someone comes to you and says, "I want to build tables. I've got all the parts. What's the first thing I need to do?" and you tell him to get a power drill and start screwing the legs into the top, and he says, "How do I get the angle on the screw right? What happens if I put the screw in the wrong place? How do I know the screw won't pierce through the top? Is there any risk I strip the screw head if the top is resistant to drilling?" Most of those questions he will know the answer to once he tries to put his first few tables together. So usually the master carpenter is going to tell him, "Try assembling a few tables on your own. Then come back and let me know if you still have those questions."

The student might be frustrated, because he wants the answers up front. But the master carpenter has limited time to answer minute questions, and possibly a lot of apprentice carpenters who would like answers (plus the master carpenter has his own carpentry to worry about, plus whatever else he does in his life).

Thus, it's often the most efficient answer for both student and teacher to tell the student, "Just go do it a few times, then we'll talk," even if to the student this can feel frustrating and scary.

(that said, there is definitely a line there, and it's different for everyone... if there are things where I want a certain amount of information before I take the plunge into something, I may not take that plunge until I have that information. It's a difference between necessary or vital information, vs. information you can pick up through simple experience. Different teachers and different students have varying thresholds for where they think that line is. Thus why a lot of pickup students don't find naturals to be very good teachers; the natural's philosophy is "Just go do it and let yourself figure it out naturally!" for everything... which of course if the pickup student could do, he'd like already have done :D )

Chase

>