Is AMOGing still a thing?

Estate

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Hey guys,
So I'll be honest in saying I haven't really heard anyone use this term in years. To be honest, battling deliberately with other guys always just felt to me like nobody really wins. Even if you successfully tool a guy, it's still hard to REALLY come off well... yes, you handled the situation and came out on top but you're still being a little bit weasely... that's how it felt to me at least.
Also it doesn't really go along with the idea of path of least effort, why even put yourself in that position? Approach a girl without these complications.

Last night though, was the first in a long time that I came across it. I was at a party, there was a cute blonde I had briefly met before, didn't know her well or anything but she was dancing with some guy... no big deal.
It became obvious after a while though that she was just humouring this guy and she approached our group, me in particular several time to get away from this guy... so we'd chat for 3-4 minutes and this guy would come up grinding behind her, wrapping his arms around her and dragging her away... she'd leave, them come back 10 minutes later and engage me in conversation again and this whole thing just repeated itself all night.

I didn't feel bothered to tool the guy, I could tell him to get lost but would I have come off equally as bad? To be honest we had some good convo but it wasn't going really far since it kept being interrupted... I expected after 2-3 times that she'd ignore this other guy but for whatever reason she seemed to not want to rock the boat (this guy is sort of one of the group "leaders") so when he made a move, she'd dance for a song and then leave.
When she kept following him I began to lose interest... it wasn't going to go anywhere if she kept allowing this guy to instruct her what to do.

But is this still a thing? Was I right to just leave it if she wasn't really investing enough to give this guy the flick? I felt I could easily be spending my time meeting other girls than waiting for this one to keep coming back. I felt early in the night like this could be on, but I just couldn't get time alone with her, he'd find us anywhere... maybe I should have pulled her from the bar completely but it's a long story, I couldn't have done that until much later in the night when I was already tired of it.

Nuncle

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I'm no expert but there were some good articles about what to do if a girl's friends keep cock-blocking you that might equally apply here? Basically forcing a decision on the girl as to whether to stay with you or not, but in a smooth way.

>