Is it morally acceptable...

Humay

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
To use these seduction skills on woman of authority and power, so to gain promotion/recognition/endorsement/whatever?

I'm not saying i'm going to sleep with Angela Merkel, but if your boss is a reasonably attractive woman at least, and you want to get ahead of the game by giving her the night(s) of her life, is it still acceptable to do so?

I know with great power comes great responsibility and all that, but this is a bit of a grey area. Providing you do this in a way so she doesn't feel used and upset, and this is between two consenting adults, this is totally fine, right?

MisterX

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
About if it's morally acceptable. Well moral is yours so if you think that it is or isn't - that's the correct answer.

You shouldn't look at others as moral compasses.

You should do whatever you think is right.

On the other hand think if it's smart.

What I mean:

- if you do give her the night of her life and she wants a relationship but you don't.. then what?
Either you get in a relationship with a woman you don't like much OR if you reject your boss Will you still have a job? Will you still get promotions? Will things be okay at work?

- If she starts wanting you more and have feelings and you start seeing another woman (maybe another co-worker?) what will your boss do when she get jealous? Cause a woman of power that is also jealous is a fierce force of nature/

And you know that women start having feelings for you after continuous sex.

- And if she starts using the job for making you have sex. What I mean is: she likes it but you don't want to sleep with her anymore. Will she start blackmailing you to have sex with her. Threatening she'll fire you/demote you/cut your salary/etc. if you don't sleep with her?

Those are all valid questions to ask yourself before you consider doing it.

Then you decide if it's worth it.

If you think the profit is worth the risk - you go for it.

And one last thing what makes you think that if you sleep with your boss you'll get promoted? I mean it happens in the movies but unless she has feelings for you I don't see why she'd promote you.

If I were to sleep with a woman who worked for my company I wouldn't promote her just because I'm sleeping with her.

If you do, you're basically paying her for sex - and that makes her a prostitute.

Cause think about if - If you had a big trading company and you start a relationship with a woman. She's studied art/ music (anything that would make her unqualified for you to hire her). Will you give her a high paying job at your company, even though she doesn't deserve it?

Or will you help her (with your business connections) find a good paying job in her field, where she's qualified?

At least that's me. I wouldn't promote someone for nay other reason than he/she is qualified and deserves the promotion.

Light

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I agree with MisterX,

Its not so much of a moral debate. Just know that every cause comes with an effect.

You reep what you sow, and there are always certain consequences that comes from your action.

You just have to know what they are, and you weigh the risk to reward, and decide for yourself if it is all worth it at the end of the day.

>