I've Never Met A Happy Feminist...

Mr.Rob

Modern Human
Modern Human
Its interesting to think about that the women's feminist movement is designed under the pretense that by giving women fair and equal treatment and opportunities as men will OBVIOUSLY bring them the true happiness that women were never afforded. How could "empowerment" not bring you happiness?

Empowerment to have a career, rack up a high lay count, forgo societal expectations to have a family, enjoy a lifestyle of pleasure, and not rely on a man.

Yet what's truly tragic is when you talk to feminist women and get to know them they are almost never truly happy in their personal lives even though they have these empowerment ideals.

Contrary the women I've gotten to know that actually seem truly happy in the personal lives are women that start families early and have a respectable husband.

This doesn't surprise me but I'm curious if you guys anecdotally have witnessed the same trend? Also have you noticed that less attractive/ambitious women typically tend to try to push feminist agenda the most? (sexual strategy 101)

I realize I'm not introducing anything to radically new and the old gender dynamics gets old pretty quick so forgive me if this is a lame post but I just go to thinking about this after watching this Red Pill girl talk about how she went from feminist beliefs to conservative family beliefs and has been happier ever since: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8E3VjkSDqo

Pretty interesting to hear a 20 year old cute blonde girl denounce feminism ideals in favor of more traditional gender roles huh? I remember Chase writing an article predicting a change in track of women as the sex power pendulum swings back to more traditional ideals and be lead by high caliber women. Perhaps this is the case.

-Rob

Richard

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Since I recently got back into reading books and doing research on my own time I've come across a lot of fun information.

One of the most inspiring and ironic things I came across was that people who pursue happiness tend to feel more depressed and unhappy. Same thing with empowerment, as well. People who seek to become empowered also tend to feel unhappy because they're striving for empowerment SIMPLY to find happiness, haha.

People who genuinely feel happy tend to have lives/jobs that revolve around personal fulfillment and purpose. A woman who starts a family young and has a respectable husband VERY likely feels like she has a purpose bigger than herself (which is nurturing and raising her children) :p

-Richard

Grand Pooba

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Mr.Rob said:
Contrary the women I've gotten to know that actually seem truly happy in the personal lives are women that start families early and have a respectable husband.

Indeed.

Mr.Rob said:
Also have you noticed that less attractive/ambitious women typically tend to try to push feminist agenda the most? (sexual strategy 101)

Yes.

Mr.Rob said:
This doesn't surprise me but I'm curious if you guys anecdotally have witnessed the same trend?

Yes.

Cacc

Space Monkey
space monkey
thats cus they need a pimp slap topped off with some hard dick.

Mr.Rob

Modern Human
Modern Human
Richard said:
One of the most inspiring and ironic things I came across was that people who pursue happiness tend to feel more depressed and unhappy. Same thing with empowerment, as well. People who seek to become empowered also tend to feel unhappy because they're striving for empowerment SIMPLY to find happiness, haha.

I found I ran into that a few times in my self-development journey. Thinking you just need to improve X thing and then things will be perfect and happy. It seems like a major factor of achieving happiness in our modern anonymous society is building foundations and structures into our lives to replicate the elements of family, community, sense of purpose, etc that were in previous times more naturally integrated into daily life. Do that and in theory you should be able to have the best of both worlds ;) (i.e. modern conveniences/technology AND fulfillment/purpose).

Cacc said:
thats cus they need a pimp slap topped off with some hard dick.

Very possible.

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I see high level of ignorance though.

Quite interesting to see this vague slap of label "hard dick solves all problems". A husband no matter how respectable he is, if values clash, will just assume that he's almighty,

until the day he got divorce, breakup and all sorts of variations: because she loves you, sure. She also loves who she is, what she does, and a tribe to respond to.

Zac

Hue

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Richard wrote,

One of the most inspiring and ironic things I came across was that people who pursue happiness tend to feel more depressed and unhappy. Same thing with empowerment, as well. People who seek to become empowered also tend to feel unhappy because they're striving for empowerment SIMPLY to find happiness, haha

Yea, it's interesting to see conflicting dynamics between ambiguous pieces of advice / narratives to find happiness that are used for concision, such as "do what you want to do". This can become misconstrued to "ignore everything that doesn't make you happy" because you don't "want" things that make you unhappy (even though long-term, you very well might). A more effective piece of advice might be "move in the direction most congruent with your truths and principles", but that doesn't quite roll off the tongue ;P

Mr. Rob wrote,

It seems like a major factor of achieving happiness in our modern anonymous society is building foundations and structures into our lives to replicate the elements of family, community, sense of purpose, etc that were in previous times more naturally integrated into daily life. Do that and in theory you should be able to have the best of both worlds ;) (i.e. modern conveniences/technology AND fulfillment/purpose).

This made me smile :) a lot of people in the data science community are doing exactly that. Check out BRCK (bringing the internet & technology to Africa), it's one of the best examples of this I see out there and people using technology to integrate a larger purpose.

I realize I'm not introducing anything to radically new and the old gender dynamics gets old pretty quick so forgive me if this is a lame post but I just go to thinking about this after watching this Red Pill girl talk about how she went from feminist beliefs to conservative family beliefs and has been happier ever since: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8E3VjkSDqo

I'm glad to see someone be able to reflect on their journey and be happy in the steps they made.

This might be slightly off topic, but I've been listening to a lot of different podcasts in what's being coined the "intellectual dark web" (which I think is really just a few voices who possess the ability to conduct more open minded discussion than what you see on the news, and people like it - rather than some secret, superior way of thinking), and there's a lot of great material and ideas on there. However, as it grows more popular, followers who began saying "it isn't wise to align too much with one single ideology" becoming ideologs of the "culture" that's growing in this "area" of the internet.

So, the way I see it on a single-dynamic / idea basis that people begin to process and form beliefs, you can only move in a single direction at a time (though perhaps in rapid succession). And a well rounded opinion has moved in many different directions to provide a holistic evaluation, which then hopefully leads to a holistic approach in action.

What I'm trying to say it that, I think it's great when a person can discern the information their receiving, break mental barriers, and effectively think critically, though I see the new perspective this woman seems to have formed for herself all too often become a contrarian dogma to leftist ideas that lacks a continued open-minded approach after initially taking one's "red pill". She seems to understand this as well, by pointing out that she's not perfect and she's not claiming her new perspective is by any means. Thanks for sharing Rob :)

Hue

Mr.Rob

Modern Human
Modern Human
Hue,

BRCK seems like it'd be a cool company to work for (or own), I like companies that bring innovative solutions to real life problems as opposed to solutions for 1st world dumb problems (i.e. how can we sell more Fruit Loops (General Mills) or how can we make TV easier to watch (Netflix)).

Hue said:
So, the way I see it on a single-dynamic / idea basis that people begin to process and form beliefs, you can only move in a single direction at a time (though perhaps in rapid succession). And a well rounded opinion has moved in many different directions to provide a holistic evaluation, which then hopefully leads to a holistic approach in action.

Well put, yeah I'd agree that a well rounded opinion takes quite some time to develop and reach a conclusion. In certain cases a true certain conclusion is unsafe to come to particularly in areas such as science (especially fields related to health/diet/disease etc.) and instead the best that can be achieved is a "continually updated opinion" based on the newest research findings and empirical first hand field testing.

Whats so crazy is how little thought, research, and weighed perspectives people put into forming their opinions/conclusions. I'm sure I have my blind spots but I always try to see things from both angles and disprove my own emotional leaning before fully defending my chosen stance.

I find that hard to disprove my own predisposed leaning with more emotional issues such as social issues such as feminism, immigration, and gun control to name a few but I still try to see the perspective from the other party's point of view (though when I get others to explain their beliefs I'm always left with more emotional "its just the way I feel things should be" as opposed to a rational thought out "here's why this is a practical thought out solution").

Hue said:
What I'm trying to say it that, I think it's great when a person can discern the information their receiving, break mental barriers, and effectively think critically, though I see the new perspective this woman seems to have formed for herself all too often become a contrarian dogma to leftist ideas that lacks a continued open-minded approach after initially taking one's "red pill". She seems to understand this as well, by pointing out that she's not perfect and she's not claiming her new perspective is by any means. Thanks for sharing Rob :)

Ahh I see what you mean yeah. What starts off as a rational open minded things eventually evolves into a dogmatic black and white reasoning. RSD comes to mind here. I think a big aspect of it is just human nature unfortunately. Its so hard to be constantly open minded and not fully attached to a set of beliefs. At the end of the day I suppose no beliefs system is perfect and 100% "right" but we have to choose those beliefs/ideology's and perspectives that are going to best serve us and be diligent to not become close minded to other possibilities. Not a small order there lol.

Glad you liked the vid.

>