Casual/FWB  Keep your Protection...

Just_Dave

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
CLOSE BY AND ACCESSIBLE

During the summer when I was working my orientation job for university, I got involved with one of my coworkers KP. One day before our shift was over she asked me if I wanted to get some food before we went to study. I said sure, and flipped it to a on the fly date. We were at Chipotle and she asked me if I "liked" her. After I paused, I said "I did." There was about a two year age difference between us she was looking for a serious relationship, I had no interest in that. Rather than let the day go to waste, I took her to the rooftop garden at our school. After a little resistance from her, we made out for several minutes. Afterwards, went to library and made out some more. Finally, we ended up her place.

Now I had condoms in my car, she drove.

I had condoms in my pants, I was wearing shorts.

I knew I had a condom in my wallet, it was gone.

I didn't go unprotected because of the dangers of unprotected sex. I knew she had several partners so I didn't risk it. How ever we did engage in oral, among other things. I didn't want to leave the girl unsatisfied ;)

The point: No matter where you are whether planning to have sex or not keep protection on you at all times!!!

Just Dave

Thinkingenigma

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I generally keep condoms in the breast pocket of my jackets. How often should I replace them? How much abuse will the packaging take before they are unsafe to use? The reason I ask is that the packaging tends to get bent and the labeling begins to wear off after a day or two. They aren't being exposed to extreme heat or cold, but I want to make sure they aren't being damaged just by being in that pocket.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
TE-

Thinkingenigma said:
I generally keep condoms in the breast pocket of my jackets. How often should I replace them? How much abuse will the packaging take before they are unsafe to use? The reason I ask is that the packaging tends to get bent and the labeling begins to wear off after a day or two. They aren't being exposed to extreme heat or cold, but I want to make sure they aren't being damaged just by being in that pocket.

The packaging getting a little wear and tear doesn't tend to affect the condom on the inside. The only time there's any kind of problem is if the package actually breaks, which doesn't usually happen. I've used condoms that have been in beat up packaging for a while.

e.g., I'd carry a condom around in my pants pocket for several weeks or a month or two and not use it while a beginner, then toss it in a drawer somewhere and get a different condom with nicer / less crumpled looking packaging - I use Trojan Magnums, which come in this gold foil that looks really cool but gets crumply pretty easy - and end up grabbing it out of the drawer at some later date to use with a girl back at my place and it'd be fine; or, I'd have my backup condom in my wallet, which I NEVER use, because I always either have other condoms on me in my coat or my pants (usually both) or I just don't bother using them, but I end up using the wallet condom every once in a blue moon after it's been beat to hell and squeezed in my wallet and left a condom-shaped circular impression permanently embedded on the wallet and there's still no problem with the condom - no breakage, no slipping, still fully lubricated, all good.

So long as it's only the packaging getting mutilated, and not the condom itself, you're fine.

Chase

Clarity

Space Monkey
space monkey
A few nights ago, I was at a college party and hit it off with this girl. Completely counter to my expectations of the night (I had gone merely to practice socializing and work on fundamentals, etc.) she took me back to her place. As we hooked up, eventually she asked me if I had protection. Nope, I was unprepared. No sex for me. Especially when it was handed to me so wonderfully.

Always have it on you, even if you have no intentions of trying to get some that night, it might just happen. Hell, maybe it was my lack of need for an outcome that actually made it that easy.

>