Lockdown or not Daygame is King

DoWhatWorks

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Living in London & having a lockdown where bars are shut (again) I revisted tinder which has worked well for me in the past (20 or so lays from it)

I even hired a virtual assistant to swipe for me. Long story short I got numbers quite easily but shock horror the girls were flaky and or unresponsive.

Now I don’t blame the girls. The ratio is like 10/1 so they naturally are pickier & slow as they entertain more guys.

Feeling frustrated I went out to get food on my walk and in the meantime approached 4 girls.

1 looked at me like I was crazy.
2 was a cute brunette french girl who I had a pleasant chat with but who had no interest in me
3 was a bubbly blonde English girl who was fun and we got a date in the diary.
4 a brunette English girl who also has a date in the diary with me.

Total time? 30 minutes while getting food vs hours on tinder for less results :(

Quality of girl? Much higher than online

Engagement or girls? Fast replies & enthusiastic

Overall experience? Enjoyable even when the interaction goes nowhere. The same cannot be said for online lol

Conclusion? I’m deleting Tinder again the juice just isn’t worth the dam squeeze.

Don’t know who needs to hear this but trust me the skill of day game is a gift that keeps on giving. Don’t let lockdown lure you into having a good excuse of not approaching.

Being honest this is a public letter to my future self to ignore the temptation & stick to what works.

DWW

DoWhatWorks

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
@RedNeck girls I spoke to didn’t have masks. It’s optional in public spaces here

@Skills I think so too.

Although online fatigue was always there IMO. After apps were past the “something new” phase it quickly became the taboo not as cool place.

Hence bios with “we’ll lie about where we met” & girls feeling uncomfortable or quickly make a “new to the city” excuse when asked where she met a guy if it was from an app.

Similar to how meeting a guy in a bar was seen as sleezy before apps were mainstream. Now meeting in a bar is borderline romantic if done right lol and a close 3rd. With daygame in 2nd place & perhaps 1 being social circle in girls eyes.

As a guy though daygame is easily no.1 as it is by far the most efficient.

With zoom calls at work, FaceTime with family & texts with friends a refreshing warm person to person encounter stands out even more than before

Last edited:

POB

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
I wonder if women are getting online fatigue, i for example have not visited online in about (8 months and i am a dude)... most people are craving human to human interactions vs online( i mean with covid)...

Even when I'm arm-to-arm with my GF , chicks keeping checking on me like I'm single.
It's been a while since I've been to the apps myself, and I think you are correct about the online burnout (not only apps, social media too).

DarkKnight

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
This online fatigue is an intriguing concept... Tinder seemed revolutionary at first.. but ended up as any other dating app after the fad was over.. (am I correct?) Also we have so many platforms right now. Badoo/tinder/instagram/facebook.. everything is decentralized and chaotic.. Chase yesterday mentioned in his post that girls are more lost than ever.. perhaps this online bullshit adds to this and make them need male leadership even more?

We get more mixed messages in the world than ever. must be confusing for the average person

DoWhatWorks

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
This online fatigue is an intriguing concept... Tinder seemed revolutionary at first.. but ended up as any other dating app after the fad was over.. (am I correct?) Also we have so many platforms right now. Badoo/tinder/instagram/facebook.. everything is decentralized and chaotic.. Chase yesterday mentioned in his post that girls are more lost than ever.. perhaps this online bullshit adds to this and make them need male leadership even more?

We get more mixed messages in the world than ever. must be confusing for the average person

That’s exactly right with Tinder. New “Tinder” is probably Hinge as it markets itself as a relationship app but you can get the same hook up results.

Girls still want a strong man to lead full stop & when people’s outlook are down (recession & lockdown) it comes out even more.

I think the modern western world is a massive shit test that guys are failing in general but that’s a discussion for a whole other time.

All I will say is even the most “feminist” girls I’ve dated have said they want a strong confident guy who can “put them in their place” when needed & that they enjoy being spoilt & “not needing to think”.

Which is girl speak for Alpha-provider which is their version of a unicorn & it’s in very short supply lol.

Calibration & how you do it is different to say the 1950’s but girl’s biological need isn’t going anywhere.

ashers1812

Rookie
Rookie
All I will say is even the most “feminist” girls I’ve dated have said they want a strong confident guy who can “put them in their place” when needed & that they enjoy being spoilt & “not needing to think”.

"not needing to think" is a very interesting line. Can you elaborate?

DoWhatWorks

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
"not needing to think" is a very interesting line. Can you elaborate?

Mostly refers to setting up dates and plans. Girls *LOVE* when they can just show up and trust you’ll handle everything. Extra points if it fits their tastes.

For long term relationships though it could refer to holiday plans, sorting logistics, paying the bills etc

With girls having less opportunities to feel feminine due to society & work pressures it’s a refreshing relief for them to know that when I’m with xyz I just need to look nice, enjoy myself & everything will be good & taken care of.

A visual representation is this:

Last edited:

Starboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Living in London & having a lockdown where bars are shut (again) I revisted tinder which has worked well for me in the past (20 or so lays from it)

I even hired a virtual assistant to swipe for me. Long story short I got numbers quite easily but shock horror the girls were flaky and or unresponsive.

Now I don’t blame the girls. The ratio is like 10/1 so they naturally are pickier & slow as they entertain more guys.

Feeling frustrated I went out to get food on my walk and in the meantime approached 4 girls.

1 looked at me like I was crazy.
2 was a cute brunette french girl who I had a pleasant chat with but who had no interest in me
3 was a bubbly blonde English girl who was fun and we got a date in the diary.
4 a brunette English girl who also has a date in the diary with me.

Total time? 30 minutes while getting food vs hours on tinder for less results :(

Quality of girl? Much higher than online

Engagement or girls? Fast replies & enthusiastic

Overall experience? Enjoyable even when the interaction goes nowhere. The same cannot be said for online lol

Conclusion? I’m deleting Tinder again the juice just isn’t worth the dam squeeze.

Don’t know who needs to hear this but trust me the skill of day game is a gift that keeps on giving. Don’t let lockdown lure you into having a good excuse of not approaching.

Being honest this is a public letter to my future self to ignore the temptation & stick to what works.

DWW
Nice bro. Is it a hard lockdown where all non essential businesses are ordered to close?

And does direct approaching during the day work best for you?

DoWhatWorks

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Nice bro. Is it a hard lockdown where all non essential businesses are ordered to close?

And does direct approaching during the day work best for you?

Yes exactly right.

Easily the best for me by far. Know a guy who’s making it work with social circle too by taking advantage of “takeaway” drinks & house parties.

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Even when I'm arm-to-arm with my GF , chicks keeping checking on me like I'm single.
It's been a while since I've been to the apps myself, and I think you are correct about the online burnout (not only apps, social media too).

^ has nothing to do with "Covid" you being with your gf shows pre-selection, happens to me to... and you go "why this shit don't happen ever when i am alone", and the girls start thinking you are a pimp, but they don't know it does not happen like that when you are alone...

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Day game is location dependent... I personally don't like day game in my location right now.. not enough targets/leads. (plus mask make it a bit harder)

hey_lover

Modern Human
Modern Human
Shopping centres are perfect daygame locations during winter but it's mandatory to wear masks in there, so it's proving to be a complete waste of time. Streetgame is slightly better but the city is in lockdown, and there are more girls wearing masks outside than ever before. I wonder if there's a certain personality type (sociopath?) who doesn't wear a mask or is lax in wearing one. FWIW, I don't wear a mask.

Also, any update with the English girls you closed? IME, they are least likeliest to meet for a day 2 from daygame.

DoWhatWorks

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Shopping centres are perfect daygame locations during winter but it's mandatory to wear masks in there, so it's proving to be a complete waste of time. Streetgame is slightly better but the city is in lockdown, and there are more girls wearing masks outside than ever before. I wonder if there's a certain personality type (sociopath?) who doesn't wear a mask or is lax in wearing one. FWIW, I don't wear a mask.

Also, any update with the English girls you closed? IME, they are least likeliest to meet for a day 2 from daygame.

I’ve also had more luck on the street as I’m going to a shopping mall than the shopping mall itself.

I mostly don’t go out my house just to talk to girls. I just fit it in while I run errands. A nice bi-product is that a lot of girls I meet live near me.

Who knows and to be honest who cares? No mask just means she’s less of a rule follower/inhibited which for D.G stacks the odds in your favour.

English girl 1’s date is tomorrow. Kept contact to a minimum & sent a confirmation text earlier today.

English girl 2’s date is for next Friday.

I agree English girls are the hardest to get out, exception to the rule is if they’re new to the city.

Thankfully with London there’s always an influx of new people. Both girls have been here <6 months

>