Socializing  Magic Game Does Not Exist

ThePoolPlayer

Space Monkey
space monkey
I would just like to clarify something. Magic game does not exist. There has been a big debate since the birth of PickUp (dating back to MASF days) That Indirect is superior to Direct game and visa versa.

Now I am personally in the indirect is more socially calibrated camp. However it is misleading to say that indirect is 100% calibrated. People have different personalities and beliefs and it's just uncalibrated to say that going indirect is never going to result in bad outcome. You can still get a knee jerk reaction going indirect. Less likely but still is going to happen.

The game is not perfect and no one playing it is perfect either. I have been on these forums a long time. Long enough to see respected posters report having the police called on them and seen guys report false rape accusations as well.

So indirect is better but still not ideal. There now is this "We Go Magic Game" promotion at play. So I wanted to help squash it.

Anyway this is really all that I wanted to clarify and don't really have anything to add so this is the extent of my participation in this thread.

Last edited:

Starboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Yeah I think it's what you make of things. Indirect and direct both work i've seen enough evidence for both instances, but at the end of the day the most important thing is how you execute and fundamentals.

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I go one level deeper.

Here's how I see it. People might not agree with this. That's fine. We all have different processes.

Indirect or Direct is a false reality.

When we approach her directly, we might forego what is happening around us. That doesn't mean that it does not exist. We will also look to see if she has a boyfriend around or if she is working or if she is doing something or if she's dress down. That's part of indirect game at hand because you are observing the things around you.

Now, someone might say "That's not indirect game". "Indirect game is basically opening her up with an opener that's not sex vibes".

But you are still assessing her and making vibes that leads somewhere. That's direct game. That's causality. There's that nonverbal element of 'leading to sex'. That's the thing I want to bring up to the community. Just because the words are indirect doesn't mean that the game is indirect.

Also, i'm noting that we are interacting with the environment at ALL TIMES.

z@c+

DarkKnight

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I don't get this post. Who (with authority) on this board claimed that indirect game is magic and without fail?

"and it's just uncalibrated to say that going indirect is never going to result in bad outcome" -> who claimed this? I don' t think anyone relevant did.

Is this conclusion drawn from other websites/boards?

Starboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I don't get this post. Who (with authority) on this board claimed that indirect game is magic and without fail?

"and it's just uncalibrated to say that going indirect is never going to result in bad outcome" -> who claimed this? I don' t think anyone relevant did.

Is this conclusion drawn from other websites/boards?
Tbf @DarkKnight a lot of guys have shifted away from direct and started going indirect because they believe it will lead to better results and maybe it has for them. Guys started using rpos and other forms of indirect because it's trending right now and leading to more hooks for them and less instant blowouts.

Also some Tribal Elders have suggested that direct is ineffective,weak it violates social frame etc. So this influences other members to do the same and suggest against it.
There's no crusade going on,but still guys who decide to go direct might feel they are the only ones on the forum still going direct.

DarkKnight

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Yeah I know.. I am one of those who are convinced by indirect game. If veterans like Gun and Teevster who are at the top of their game claim things work better.. they work better!

I am not a yes man by any means,but each time I have gone very direct I either could not handle the ambiguity or didnt have a decent process .. in other words only had my balls. These things are accurately described by Teevster.

For many people direct game = lack of game/easy cop outs. I have been the king of this so I'm not gonna pretend otherwise.

That you raise your closing stats when going indirect is obvious for anyone game aware.

I would only do direct now with time constraints or when I heavily suspect that the chick is attention whoring (to blow her out instead of wasting time..). And even against this can be argued but I am an impatient guy.

Last edited:

ulrich

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
For many people direct game = lack of game/easy cop outs. I have been the king of this so I'm not gonna pretend otherwise.
^ this

I have seen so many idiots believing they are “master pick up artists” because they can open a girl with stupid uncalibrated openers and then they don’t even realize why it backfires.

“Oh dude, you can open by saying anything”

Yes, but that’s not an excuse to shoot yourself in the foot.

Many guys think they do direct game while they are really doing uncalibrated game.

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Direct is good for some countries for example Brazil...
Direct is good when you have very short time to operate.
It is Also good when is obviously the girl is salivating and giving you clear indications of interest.
Also certain looks and personalities can go direct.... a lot black naturals go direct...
Also when getting rid of approach anxiety and rust you can go direct....

Eventually most people will naturally go indirect cause higher odds...there are many lay reports even recent ones were you see direct and indirect....

P.s. nobody now a days is approaching, everyone on tinder women dying to get approach

Last edited:
>