Forum Feedback Make an own board for Journals

Teevster

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hey. So currently journals are part of the field report forum. I think this is unfortunate because journals tend to overshadow reports. For example, a guy is making an effort to write down a report, only for someone to update 3 lines in his journal, which some do overly frequently. What happens is that THE MOST important forum, that is, the field report section gets totally overshadowed.

I personally don't read journals, never did and never will - and it is not because I don't think it is a legit thing - it is, I just find it overly boring to read. However I can see how they are useful to some. But I think it is a shame when journals and field reports are constantly battling each other for attention, when in fact both are THE MOST important elements of a pick up forum. Reports should be the center of the forums - it is all in the field reports! And I hope they can become more emphasized and put forward.

Best,
Teevster

@Chase

Glow

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
On a related note - could we maybe move field rapports to the top as the first thing people see? Put beginners down before advanced eg.

It would tak the focus a lil away from beginners and set the tone in a field-oriented direction. More aligned with the skilled seducer visions as i see it.

it also might
- encourage less posts where people dont RTFM
- add more quality users who are ignited by FR insights over beginner level discussions.

some members say FRs has been the main reason they joined. eg lofty. just an interesting hypothesis if more focus on Field would bring in more new users too. its just a mild hypo but might be worth exploring from a traffic and quality of users angle. Might need further adjustments but worth a thought.

i understand its a bigger consideration about the prioritisation of content but just wanted to suggest it here under teevs great proposal. It might demand more thinking about several of the categories but just wanted to raise the idea.

Last edited:

ZacAdam

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Is journal and field report, under a different tab, that when one updates, it covers the other?

I didn't know!

I'm not a programmer. Not sure how one will tweak the code so that report is always on top.

z@c+