Mastic Gum and Jaw line exercises

killerman

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
So I bought some mastic gum. I'm currently leaning down which is great as when I reach 10% body fat I'll have my jawline and facial features visible again. But I want to take things to the next level, one of them is getting an extremely defined, masculine jawline, which is why I bought the mastic gum, and I've started using it. But the question is does it work or is it a scam? And then there's jaw injury. I've heard some "experts" say that it can cause lasting damage because it can put a lot of stress on your jaw. I'd assume that would only happen if you chewed gum for hours and hours everyday, straining every time. But I only chew the gum for 20 mins a day, and think I might increase to 30 mins a day and haven't felt any pain. So is injury a risk? And does it actually work? Or is it just a big scam?

Kvothe

Modern Human
Modern Human
I tried it, and as someone who can get TMJ pain, I highly do not recommend it if you have that.

ferrero

Space Monkey
space monkey
sup killerman, yeah this is one of the weirder trends I saw arise over the last few years - point blank, yes it’s a scam, they’re selling to insecure men who think their problem is a too-small jawline… when in reality the case is they either just look like shit in general or just don’t/can’t talk to chicks

there was a post a few years back of some guy thinking of breaking his face (yes, literally breaking the bones in his face) to look more masculine… I really hope for his own sake that he didn’t do it, lol

killerman

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
sup killerman, yeah this is one of the weirder trends I saw arise over the last few years - point blank, yes it’s a scam, they’re selling to insecure men who think their problem is a too-small jawline… when in reality the case is they either just look like shit in general or just don’t/can’t talk to chicks

there was a post a few years back of some guy thinking of breaking his face (yes, literally breaking the bones in his face) to look more masculine… I really hope for his own sake that he didn’t do it, lol
lol that is so stupid, and hilarious at the same time lolz :LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Kaida

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
So I bought some mastic gum. I'm currently leaning down which is great as when I reach 10% body fat I'll have my jawline and facial features visible again. But I want to take things to the next level, one of them is getting an extremely defined, masculine jawline, which is why I bought the mastic gum, and I've started using it. But the question is does it work or is it a scam? And then there's jaw injury. I've heard some "experts" say that it can cause lasting damage because it can put a lot of stress on your jaw. I'd assume that would only happen if you chewed gum for hours and hours everyday, straining every time. But I only chew the gum for 20 mins a day, and think I might increase to 30 mins a day and haven't felt any pain. So is injury a risk? And does it actually work? Or is it just a big scam?

I tried this every day for a month for ~3hrs per day while absentmindedly doing other things. Jaw didn’t like break or anything but my jaw did get sore at times like any other muscle. The days I felt it start clicking was when I stopped early.

I saw some progress in the lateral size of my jaw, but it wasn’t in the way I wanted. That slight double chin that most people have was still present, and I saw a slight imbalance in my face so I chewed a few more weeks on the smaller side and stopped completely.

Verdict: Not really worth it. Maybe there are other exercises you can benefit from but the gum stuff was not it

Do it too much and you gon have your jaw look like this guy
uj4hehr4v7fp7li8crew.jpg

>