My Bachata teachers went on national TV!

DarkJedi

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Love Bachata! Completed two levels and then got busy with other shit. Gotta get back to it sometime.

Learning Bachata can give you a jumpstart to making connections wherever you go that has a good community.

Lover

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Just a quick reminder to anyone who likes to dance and wishes to come to Brazil...learn Bachata, at least the basics.
We already have a small and vibrant Bachata community, but I predict a boom in the next few months.
What about zouk? What's that like in Brazil?

Reactions: POB

Will_V

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Just a quick reminder to anyone who likes to dance and wishes to come to Brazil...learn Bachata, at least the basics.
We already have a small and vibrant Bachata community, but I predict a boom in the next few months.

Yeah in my experience being able to dance even a little bit goes such a long way in any latin country, and even if you're a complete beginner girls love to teach you. My super basic forward/back salsa step got them hooked in so many times when I was living in south america.

POB

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Yeah in my experience being able to dance even a little bit goes such a long way in any latin country, and even if you're a complete beginner girls love to teach you. My super basic forward/back salsa step got them hooked in so many times when I was living in south america.
Salsa is stronger than bachata over here, but less acessible to newbies.
Also salsa dancers tend to be couples...bachata otoh has a lot of single chicks

DoWhatWorks

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Interestingly enough, it's taking off in London too.

Issue I've seen from friends is it kinda sucks as a new guy learning until you get good & fully accepted by the community

But I guess that's the same with most things lol

ChrisXKiss

Space Monkey
space monkey
Have been taking bachata and salsa classes for some months now. There surely is quite a community, my bachata teacher also told me bachata seems to be rising above salsa in popularity lately, maybe people's desire for more close contact post covid.

Quite a lot of followers as well from what I see in my classes, to the point that some girls lead the easier classes to have enough leaders. It's an interesting environment for game as well since you are pretty close to the girl by default, but this doesn't mean much by itself, a lot of people dance sensually with each other without wanting more.

Can't say I've figured out how exactly to run the interactions in this environment. I mean what mix of dancing, flirting, social circling and approaching exactly works. I am sure that being a great dancer won't simply give you girls like that, but even for me now I have sensed attraction spikes in girls I have led well.

Anyway, I would say that it is at least a good way to be in a community of people with a number of hot and pretty sensual girls in, never a bad thing to have in your life, and exactly for that reason I think it is not easy to get accepted right away. I mean that a lot of guys probably go just to be around girls, which creates a barrier until people sense that you really are there because you enjoy the dance and want to contribute through it.

Reactions: POB

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
As I have been saying in the yearly reviews dance community is a good way to meet and seduce women if you want... But it falls under "social circle" type seduction... Latin clubs are time machine so they have not been hit hard with consistency issues that you get in top 40 clubs, mainstream clubs... The I am a beginner obviously when ever you are beginner at Everything your status value lower but you still get the new ness have not seen this dude before bump... Eastern European women obsessed with Latin music... Salsa and bachata are combined with most Latin groups...I personality still not that into the Latin I rather mainstream clubs but is about preference but definitely Latin clubs way more consistent last few years than mainstream..

rockstar

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Ime, other dance communities like urban/hip-hop type styles have more attractive girls than latin and partner dance

POB

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
I personality still not that into the Latin I rather mainstream clubs but is about preference but definitely Latin clubs way more consistent last few years than mainstream..
Most mainstream clubs here have shitty music. Can't stand them anymore.
Either you gonna be bombarded with brazilian drum'n'bass (I like it, but g-zus if it gets boring fast) or the dreaded pagode/sertanejo combo.

Latin clubs/parties are very niched, you need to be into some type of group to find them....but they do have a lot of single hot chicks that can be seduced. And yes, they are totally social circle....still, if you are an outsider, you can do SNLs for sure.

Last edited:

POB

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Interestingly enough, it's taking off in London too.
Drake and the likes have been dabbling in it for a while.
Not surprised it's getting international recognition.
Issue I've seen from friends is it kinda sucks as a new guy learning until you get good & fully accepted by the community
But I guess that's the same with most things lol
Yes, but some rythyms/communities are more acceptable of newbies.
Bachata is one of them, at least here.

Lover

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Very strong, but the community despise newcomers (not kidding).
Unless you are really good, you will be churned aside pretty quick
If this is the general case, I guess I will get good here before I consider exploring the environment in its home country

Thankfully, I'm taking bachata lessons these days

POB

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
If this is the general case, I guess I will get good here before I consider exploring the environment in its home country
Don't know why, but it's really a toxic community for newbies :(
And the girls are pretty meh tbh.
Lots of war pigs spinning their necks non-stop

Bachata, Sertanejo and Forró have the cuttest chicks by far (Salsa too)

DarkJedi

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I got very curious about Zouk when I had seen this video:

A very soft form of leading compared to other Latin dances or Tango. Also, could be danced on multiple styles of music.

And then realized Zouk is free form and totally dependent on the leader. I mean this is Zouk too:

Very cool stuff, but tougher to learn than Bachata.

Bachata Sensual is inspired from Zouk btw

And the girls are pretty meh tbh.
Lots of war pigs spinning their necks non-stop
Yeah gonna stick to Bachata lol

DarkJedi

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Total misinformation,0 inspired by zouk

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bachata_(music)
That's Dominican Bachata, the originial Bachata. Way different man. More footwork and less close.

Bachata Sensual is the stuff that's about dancing closer, fluid movements and headrolls and what's getting more popular. Its still comes from Bachata for sure, but the sensual elements are definitely not Dominican.

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
That's Dominican Bachata, the originial Bachata. Way different man. More footwork and less close.

Bachata Sensual is the stuff that's about dancing closer, fluid movements and headrolls and what's getting more popular. Its still comes from Bachata for sure, but the sensual elements are definitely not Dominican.
My last response not to derail total none sense...

POB

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Bachata Sensual is inspired from Zouk btw
Originally Zouk was not a dance!
It was just a word to designate french caribbean parties.

So Zouk parties were a mixture of styles, and one of them was traditional Bachata from the Dom. Republic.
Then this band created the original Zouk music style, which has nothing to do with brazilian Zouk:

Kassav

Zouk only became a dance style when brazilians incorporated lambada into it, after lambada died as a rhytim and music genre in the early 90s.
After a while, it added elements of gafieira (traditional samba dance style), jazz and even hip hop and other urban styles.
Then the modern sensual zouk we know today was born.
BTW, brazilian zouk does not have a proper music style...it just uses every sensual music or remix that has a similar sexy trance pattern.

Sensual bachata is completely different.
It is a music and dance style.
Yes, it is inspired by a lot of rythyms and constatnly evolving, but only very very recently it got few moves from brazilian Zouk.
Sensual bachata was born way before brazilian zouk was consolidated as a dance style.

Last edited:
>