My Bachata teachers went on national TV!

DarkJedi

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Fascinating stuff, @POB . Thanks.
Zouk only became a dance style when brazilians incorporated lambada into it, after lambada died as a rhytim and music genre in the early 90s.
Now makes sense why some Brazilians I talk to in Europe haven't heard of Zouk as a danceform. I get surprised considering its from their country

Reactions: POB

POB

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Fascinating stuff, @POB . Thanks.

Now makes sense why some Brazilians I talk to in Europe haven't heard of Zouk as a danceform. I get surprised considering its from their country
Brazilian Zouk is the direct sucessor of lambada,
But it's in it's infant years as it's own unique genre.
Gonna take a while for it to catch on worldwide, if it ever happens.

Last edited:

Lover

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Don't know why, but it's really a toxic community for newbies :(
And the girls are pretty meh tbh.
Lots of war pigs spinning their necks non-stop

Bachata, Sertanejo and Forró have the cuttest chicks by far (Salsa too)
To be fair, I have rarely seen chicks at socials that I found much attractive at all. A couple here and there. But that may just be location-based or because of my taste.

However I have come to love zouk just from the handful of times I tried it. Both the dancing and the music are more to my taste 🕺

Brazilain Zouk is the direct sucessor of lambada,
But it's in it's infant years as it's own unique genre.
Gonna take a while for it to catch on worldwide, if it ever happens.
I will have you know that in Northern Europe, there are few events where they do lambada workshops as well. I think it will take at least some years before it catches up

I got very curious about Zouk when I had seen this video:

A very soft form of leading compared to other Latin dances or Tango. Also, could be danced on multiple styles of music.

And then realized Zouk is free form and totally dependent on the leader. I mean this is Zouk too:

Very cool stuff, but tougher to learn than Bachata.
I think you should give it a shot. Beginner classes are way different than those pro vids haha

POB

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
However I have come to love zouk just from the handful of times I tried it. Both the dancing and the music are more to my taste
Zouk is amazing!
I haven't tried it here just because of it's shitty local community

Last edited:

DarkJedi

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I think you should give it a shot. Beginner classes are way different than those pro vids haha
Hahaha yeah I can imagine. Maybe I will, in future. I want to get good with Bachata first. Dabbled in too many things (Salsa included) and didn't go beyond basics

Lantern

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
There’s a guy in my city who’s been dancing since he was a kid and he dances everything. To qoute the man: “Girls at the latin dances are sluts, and girls at swing dances are girlfriend material.”

Make of that what you will.

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
There’s a guy in my city who’s been dancing since he was a kid and he dances everything. To qoute the man: “Girls at the latin dances are sluts, and girls at swing dances are girlfriend material.”

Total none sense kj...

POB

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder

>