My double edged sword.

TheQuadfather

Rookie
Rookie
Before I start i'll introduce myself. I'm a recent high school graduate who is planning to attend a major university next year. I've been reading the Girls Chase blog and Chase's book for over a year now, am fairly familiar with most topics, and am excited to join the forum! However, there is something that has been bothering me that I would appreciate some input on.

I live in a small town with a relatively limited supply of attractive and available girls. I started off high school pretty socially unaware and ended up getting pigeonholed into a position of low social status. I tried to get with several girls throughout high school and have never successfully had a girlfriend for more than a week. I believe that my lack of options has made me hungry for success and I have improved my fundamentals quite a bit. My high school experience has given me a scarcity mentality that might effect my success in college. This scarcity mentality and feeling of being so close to success has motivated me to devote as much time as needed to improve my skills with women. I guess my question is how do I keep my desperation to succeed from undermining my interactions with women?

Whizzy

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Many things you could do, here are a couple!

1) Use this summer to turn that scarcity mentality into one of abundance, cold approach like crazy my man!
2) Take a subtle deep breath if you need to calm yourself down at times and just remember to chill out, it's no big deal to you if nothing happens right? She is the one losing out on the big prize afterall

Richard

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Stay in the moment bro.

You talk to a girl: don't think about the success or failure --- just stay in the moment of the conversation and absorb it.

Your desperation to succeed will become the very thing that will cause your failure if you let it control you - but you will succeed with women when you just relax, remain in the present during conversation, but still steer the conversation.

You can talk to someone and steer the conversation while still talking from moment to moment - just don't get overwhelmed with trying to close a girl and you'll find yourself finding lots of success.

-Richard

Glitch

Space Monkey
space monkey
Seconded the above advice.

Also use the summer to improve your health if it's not where you want it to be. 80% Diet : 20% Excercise.

For starting off just focus on Whizzy's and Rich's advice. Don't go against it, both know their stuff. Focus on the abundance to rid the pedestal. Staying in the moment will help with keeping your cool around girls.

Keep in mind just to enjoy it, don't get hooked up on all the details. For now just approach, enjoy, then come away from it and look at it. You can even learn from what you did right.

Last thing:

Don't get discouraged! Keep at it! Keep going!

Glitch

>