Sex Dynamics  Navigating one-sided non-monogamy logistics

Cool

Rookie
Rookie
Fellas,

For those who are or have been in a one-sided non-monogamous relationship, how do you set up meets with side girls while having a live-in girlfriend? For instance, say her logistics aren't optimal at the time.

And how to handle the question from them of never meeting at your place since it's obviously not an option? I usually just make up some excuse like my place is a mess or having plumbing issues but curious to hear your thoughts.

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Fellas,

For those who are or have been in a one-sided non-monogamous relationship, how do you set up meets with side girls while having a live-in girlfriend? For instance, say her logistics aren't optimal at the time.

And how to handle the question from them of never meeting at your place since it's obviously not an option? I usually just make up some excuse like my place is a mess or having plumbing issues but curious to hear your thoughts.
Non issue change the convos.. or the high value story is that you had some crazy psychos in the past and cause of this, you have a rule not to bring girls to your house..the excuses you are using weak

Cool

Rookie
Rookie
Non issue change the convos.. or the high value story is that you had some crazy psychos in the past and cause of this, you have a rule not to bring girls to your house..the excuses you are using weak
Thanks for the feedback man. I should've been more specific. Was moreso referring to situations where you're setting up logistics via text and the question pops up randomly. I usually don't get it but every now and again I will. Mainly from a few past lovers who have been to my place before my girl moved in. Does the same apply?

Regal Tiger

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Just tell them that you don't like bringing people over. When she tries to ask why just say that you don't like it

These are just fuck buddies on the side and this will reinforce that frame without you having to explicitly say it (although if you're following the rules properly for fuck buddies you shouldn't be having this problem in the first place outside of new girls)

EDIT: for past lovers that have already been over that's a niche situation I've not been in. Just say you'd rather go to hers and leave it at that
Her: but why?
You: Cuz
Her: do you have a girlfriend or something?
You: agree and amplify --> several live in girlfriends and all of their cats actually, it's an absolute mess! Please save me

Cool

Rookie
Rookie
Just tell them that you don't like bringing people over. When she tries to ask why just say that you don't like it

These are just fuck buddies on the side and this will reinforce that frame without you having to explicitly say it (although if you're following the rules properly for fuck buddies you shouldn't be having this problem in the first place outside of new girls)

EDIT: for past lovers that have already been over that's a niche situation I've not been in. Just say you'd rather go to hers and leave it at that
Her: but why?
You: Cuz
Her: do you have a girlfriend or something?
You: agree and amplify --> several live in girlfriends and all of their cats actually, it's an absolute mess! Please save me
Sounds like something I'd say lol. Can definitely get with this approach. I've done a pretty good job at managing expectations on both sides so that's typically a none issue.

It's my first time using this type of relationship setup and although it allows for more freedom, it also comes with a lot of nuances. Thanks man!

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Thanks for the feedback man. I should've been more specific. Was moreso referring to situations where you're setting up logistics via text and the question pops up randomly. I usually don't get it but every now and again I will. Mainly from a few past lovers who have been to my place before my girl moved in. Does the same apply?
With past lovers is eventually going to be unavoidable issue, you have to tell them you met someone and you are open, they will stick around and try to compete

Michael Chief

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Sorry to dig up this kinda old thread but the replies here so far are lacking.

I've been practicing polyamory for the past nearly 7 years and have experienced all the various kinds of non-monogamy, did a lot of research about it, became the leader of my local poly community, coached both men and women about their non-mono relationships and situations, etc.

Firstly, just to validate you a bit, experienced therapists who have seen a lot of non-monogamous clients will tell you that they have seen all kinds of non-mono arrangements both fail and work out well. Some people might tell you that one-sided non-monogamy can never work, but the truth is that it totally can. With that out of the way...

The problem I have with most of the replies here is that they're based on fear and avoidance. Telling women that you have a "rule" to not bring women over or anything else that attempts to hide the fact that you have someone else at home...To be frank, that's some scared little boy shit. It's the same reason I find issue with a lot of other PUAs advising dudes to say shit like "I'm not ready for monogamy YET" if they want to ease women into non-monogamy somehow. If non-monogamy is your truth, your chosen lifestyle, wear it like a fucking badge of honor without shame.

I wrote about this concept in a book that I plan to release within a few weeks:
There is a pervasive message among pickup artists that, if you want any sort of non-monogamous relationship with a woman, you need to imply that you might be open to an exclusive relationship with her. They tell you to say things like, “I really like you, but I’m just not ready to be exclusive right now. I might be ready in the future, though.” They assume that the women in this scenario always want exclusivity or monogamy, and that you need to dangle the possibility of exclusivity in front her face like a carrot on a stick, without having the intention of ever giving her that carrot. They say you need to do this because being upfront about your desire for non-monogamy will scare her off, and they justify their carrot-dangling by saying that they’re not directly lying with their implications of misdirection, even when they fully intend to avoid exclusivity altogether.

Those are the actions of a scared little boy in denial of his masculine essence. That sort of behavior certainly doesn’t align with my core values, and it shouldn’t align with yours, either. No matter how you try to dress it up, it’s deception. It’s intentionally giving a false expectation. The implication of you possibly being open to exclusivity in the future when you’re actually seeking a non-monogamous arrangement is cowardly and dishonest. It doesn’t matter that it’s technically true that you could very well change your mind in the future; the fact that you have no solid intentions of future exclusivity right now defines the deception.

I do not respect such displays of cowardice in men. Moreover, women will not respect you or be attracted to you if you become a coward through practicing such cowardly tactics. It’s cowardice because the one and only motivation behind using such a tactic is fear. It’s fear of losing the girl. It’s fear born out of a scarcity mentality. It’s an insecurity of being disliked for expressing your honest desires. Therefore, it’s diametrically opposite to manhood.

Regardless of whether you’re trying to be non-monogamous, to enter a monogamous relationship, or even to just hook up with women, you should never fear losing a girl as a result of your authentic expression. If you speak your truth, and she leaves, it’s better that she left sooner than later.

Yes, there are ways to be less overwhelming in your authentic expressions in the initial stages of a seduction so that women don’t get scared off by your true inner intensity. However, misrepresentation or deception should never be one of the tools you use to ease a woman into your truth. Yes, a lot of women have rejected me because I am polyamorous, but I don’t need to compromise. There have still been tons of women I met who already figured out that they’re polyamorous themselves, who were open minded enough to try polyamory with me, or liked me enough to have some kind of non-exclusive sexual or romantic relationships with me even when they identified as monogamous.

Always maintain an abundance mentality. You do not want women in your life who outright reject a part of who you are. You can afford to let go of these women because there are always more women.

If you want to ask a woman if she ever considered non-monogamous thoughts, or if you want to ask your current partner if she would ever consider a non-monogamous relationship, just ask. There’s no need to hide or obfuscate your intentions or desires. Be unapologetically authentic. Having an apologetic attitude, or acting like non-monogamy is a bad thing, will only make your chances worse.

I and many other polyamorists believe that the vast majority of human beings are not naturally monogamous. There is a non-monogamous side in the hearts of most women. Society may have brainwashed us into thinking that these natural urges are bad, but it is the job of a seducer to show others that these urges are beautiful and good, as long as they do not harm others.

Every woman I have dated during these years of polyamory knew upfront what I was all about. Do not rob women of the chance to see the real you in some misguided attempt to sneak non-monogamy into the picture when she isn’t looking. Just represent it well enough so that she can identify with the parts that she can resonate with. Educate yourself about it. Connect the concepts with what she might want in a relationship. If she says no, let her go and go find the right women for you.

By the raw numbers, yes, maybe this means you'll get laid a little less. However, if you're experienced and knowledgeable enough to present your lifestyle in an appealing way that handles potential objections, the good ones will stay, and you will have happier relationships for it.

So, let's say you're trying to handle logistics with a new woman while your live-in girlfriend doesn't want you to bring others over to your shared space. If the new woman already knows about your situation and is fine with it because of how damn charming you are, the two of you can work out the logistics together. And that is so much easier than trying to do that by yourself.

Threesomes are also an option.

>