Problem Report  Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.

Starboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
@Chase while we're troubleshooting forums problems...
On several different instances when I tried to log on to skilled seducer not in my home it will say something similiar to the error message above
"Oops! We ran into some problems.
Your IP address has been banned."

When I first saw this I thought fml I got banned again I guess i'm not meant to be on pickup forums.
But then like a half hr later the problem would resolve itself. Either I moved somewhere else ,my ip address was no longer banned and I was able to view everything.

I messaged a mod and told him about this and said it was just bad luck with a spammer getting banned and the ip address I happen to be using outside from my mobile phone being added to the list. A couple times I got this notice I was on the subway I believe. Another couple times I think I was at work. But generally I have no problem accessing the site at my job.

It's rare for this to happen and doesn't seem to affect any other members,but I just thought I might bring awareness

Last edited:

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
@Skills,

What spam are you seeing? I don't see post spam, or new spam users... you seeing PM spam?

@Starboy,

Looks like @Gunwitch has recently been heavily banning IP addresses. About 150 addresses over the past 3 weeks.

Each IP he banned has the reason "Multiple complaints, already on probation status."

When I cross reference these banned IPs with your IPs, I see 5 IP addresses you've tried logging in from that are on the ban list.

My guess is you're in the same city on the same network (e.g., I know there's a public network in NYC that randomizes IP addresses), OR you're on the same VPN with someone who's causing trouble and getting his IP banned.

I'll check with Gunwitch what the IP bans have been about.

Chase

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
@Skills,

What spam are you seeing? I don't see post spam, or new spam users... you seeing PM spam?

@Starboy,

Looks like @Gunwitch has recently been heavily banning IP addresses. About 150 addresses over the past 3 weeks.

Each IP he banned has the reason "Multiple complaints, already on probation status."

When I cross reference these banned IPs with your IPs, I see 5 IP addresses you've tried logging in from that are on the ban list.

My guess is you're in the same city on the same network (e.g., I know there's a public network in NYC that randomizes IP addresses), OR you're on the same VPN with someone who's causing trouble and getting his IP banned.

Chase

i am getting pop up on my cell for some type "meet gets anywhere day game course", on my cell

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
i am getting pop up on my cell for some type "meet gets anywhere day game course", on my cell

lol, oh right.

That's Hector's new course.

It comes out in 10 days. We're running popovers for the launch list until then.

It shouldn't pop up once you've closed it though. Unless you're using private browsers or clearing your cache or something.

That said, there will be another popover running during the actual launch, however... and that badboy's going to be on the screen every time you start a new session. Prepare yourself... :p

Chase

Starboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
@Skills,

@Starboy,

Chase
Well "Multiple complaints,already on probation status" sounds like Velasco lol. Idk anyone else in the forum's history who was put on probation. We do live in the same city. Also there's that IRT guy who lived in NYC and made sockpuppet accounts (who we confirmed isn't me you've seen my face ;))

VPN? I haven't the slightest clue how to set one up or where to get those from. Do they sell them at Target?Amazon?Best Buy?

Last edited:

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Probably Velasco then, yeah.

My guess is you're all using the NYC area wifi and Gunwitch went on a Velasco-IP-ban campaign, not realizing anyone coming from NYC could get blocked with that too.

I'll confirm that with him, and if that's what it was, we'll get those bans reversed so you aren't running into that.

Gunwitch

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Yeah that was message he was sent when banned. I Haven't banned any of these other people, it's a shared ips/vpn issue i'm thinking.

Gun

Gunwitch

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Should be fixed now, was an issue with shared public wifi/forum system doing it's thing automatic.

Shouldn't happen again.

Will let Chase know to reverse those ip bans that already happened.

Gun

Gunwitch

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Beware of Skynet......:oops:

All it takes is one wrong key.

Gun

>