Personality: Friends vs. Girls

Verisimilitude

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
One of my biggest concerns about keeping a girl around long term is the fact that she is going to meet my friends, and that I come off as a different person around my friends than I do around girls. With girls, especially when I'm alone with them or flirting, I make a conscious effort to be more dominant and sociable. With my friends, I tend to sit back and let others dictate the conversation and only add things when I feel like I have something to say. How do I go about resolving these differences? Do they matter?

girlsfollow

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
xcrunner said:
One of my biggest concerns about keeping a girl around long term is the fact that she is going to meet my friends, and that I come off as a different person around my friends than I do around girls. With girls, especially when I'm alone with them or flirting, I make a conscious effort to be more dominant and sociable. With my friends, I tend to sit back and let others dictate the conversation and only add things when I feel like I have something to say. How do I go about resolving these differences? Do they matter?

I once had this problem- in the long term if you want things to work and you want to be a truly better man then you need to be then same person in both spheres - it will give you more practice at being that "you" and hence make you more congruent - more in line with the new real "you". It might be hard but if you want to get good it needs to be done.

Verisimilitude

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Any tips for changing it? I often find that the person who I am for the first five minutes when I'm somewhere determine who I am for the rest of the time

Good Vibes

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
xcrunner said:
I'm not sure why you would be concerned about that, if she's your girl then she will accept you in that enviroment as well unless you have certain other insercurities that she's picking up on. Maybe you need to develop a "I don't give a shit attitude" and you probably wont even think along those lines.

>