Please Send Words of Encouragement

fog

Modern Human
Modern Human
Hi friends,

I experienced a streak of bad luck in August and it's got me feeling quite frazzled:

1. There were 4-5 opportunities for me to get laid but they occurred in novel situations that I hadn't dealt with before and I ended up losing each girl.
2. I'm going through a rough patch in the last week-ish: I've made a stupid amount of approaches and have nothing to show for it except for 1 bad number.

On top of that I am becoming a lot more aware of the subtleties of my interactions. It's requiring me to be more adaptable in my approaches and the various social environments I find myself in. This is expending a lot of my mental energy and it's exhausting me.

As a result of the bad luck and the mental exhaustion, I'm feeling really frustrated. I'm not having fun and it's preventing me from even wanting to go out. However I feel like I'm making a transition from jester to peasant, which is the only thing motivating me right now.

I'm looking for some encouragement. Please tell me to keep going, not to give up, that everything's gonna be okay, something motivational...or anything you'd write on the inside of a sympathy card for someone going through a rough time. Thanks. :)

Sandman

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Hey bro, there's nothing to do but keep going. Once you make a break, it just keeps on adding up. We all go trough rough patches, dry spells. Plus one month isn't even that big of a deal, my last dry spell was 2+ months I think.

What else are you gonna do anyway? You wouldn't be able to stop even if you wanted to. There's no going back after you've tasted the forbidden fruit.

Kvothe

Modern Human
Modern Human
Hey man,

Don't lose hope, you're probably just on a plateau. Keep grinding and I'm sure you'll start picking up again.

Regarding the lack of motivation, maybe start trying something new-maybe try a new style and go for a different style of girl, or try other new things to make yourself feel refreshed. Maybe try changing up your style. Experiment with new openers or go out with some wings.

lostnumber

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Keep it up and youll keep improving! It will get better! Also, its not wrong to take a break and recharge your batteries. You dont want to use that as an excuse for not challenging yourself, but it could be that a week or two off the scene is what you need at this point so that you can come back refreshed and with the right attitude.

Social skills can be like working a muscle sometimes - intensity and repetition are both good, but you need to have proper rest periods as well.

>