Preselection or lost lead?

weekendwarrior

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hi guys, I was out at the weekend and this hot chick that's a club regular came up to me and asked if I knew "Miss Tall" - my wing woman - this chick would have definitely seen us together before.

Me: yes
Her: we were talking about you before
Me: good things I hope! ~jokingly~
Her: haha yes, my sister fancies you!
Me: tell her to come and say hi
Her: she's not out tonight, next week!

Her sister is also very hot! I think they're twins.

I got talking to another chick, we left to talk outside, holding hands... First thing we get outside the hot chick from earlier is outside looking straight at me. I'm thinking she isn't going to want to introduce me to her sister now, unless this would work as preselection?

Me and the new chick went round the corner away from the nightclub. Shortly after the hot chick followed round with her friend probably spying I guess. It must have spooked the new chick and we ended up back in the club.

The new chick isn't that hot, a pretty face but larger than I'd like. I'm trying to build momentum and failing miserably.

Warrior

ulrich

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
If she is not that attractive, I don’t think it will affect you.
Girls usually get competitive if they think they can easily outclass the competition.

That being said, your “lead” is something in the air. You might never meet her due to how logistics play out in the future.
Don’t let her take too much of your focus until you actually meet her.

weekendwarrior

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hi @uriel thanks for the reply. The chicks sister can definitely outclass the competition, but she doesn't seem as forward as her sister she's always been very standoffish. I don't know whether to approach because of how skittish she's acted around me before.

I know the "lead" is up in the air, I'm not getting many leads at the moment and mostly meeting girls that are "avoiding" me. I met a girl at the weekend I was making out with on Thursday, she was now out with her boyfriend. She kept checking me out but looked like a child caught with her hand in the cookie jar. I can't catch a break at the minute.

ulrich

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I’m wondering if that avoidance attitude is more of an everyday normal situation in nightlife.

Any chance to make the sister a very good friend of yours?

weekendwarrior

Space Monkey
space monkey
Thanks @uriel there might be a chance to become friends, she clearly knows my wing woman Miss Tall to some extent. Though I imagine this is the 18yo that talked to her in the toilets about me. She didn't say much about this.

The huge barrier is she's a twin, and although there's differences that I can tell them apart I'm not sure which one I actually talked to. I didn't even get her name. I could just assume and go over assuming she was the one I was talking to? I'm not sure if I'm best letting her come to me, she was skittish when I tried to talk to her before. (This is an ongoing trend that I don't understand)

Warrior

ulrich

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
The huge barrier is she's a twin, and although there's differences that I can tell them apart I'm not sure which one I actually talked to. I didn't even get her name. I could just assume and go over assuming she was the one I was talking to? I'm not sure if I'm best letting her come to me, she was skittish when I tried to talk to her before. (This is an ongoing trend that I don't understand)

Warrior
It’s not a big deal. Just start a conversation and disqualify yourself. Say you’re very bad at telling them apart in a joking way and ask if she is the one you talked with last time.

Beck Bass

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
The huge barrier is she's a twin, and although there's differences that I can tell them apart I'm not sure which one I actually talked to. I didn't even get her name.
Lol imagine you hit on the sister, at least you can "oh sorry, I thought you was the other one" lmao
Maybe she gets skittish because she likes you? No idea.
Maybe her sister likes you as well. Again, no idea, only trying to escalate will clear some things up (and maybe fuck up everything).
Good luck though :)

Hue

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
You can make a lot of fun flirtation with twins and "mixing them up" as @Beck Bass kinda joked there, haha. I've definitely done that and purposefully called the girl the wrong name with a cheeky smiley.... then saying, "yeah, but [her actual name] is way cuter anyways.... ;) ".

The new chick isn't that hot, a pretty face but larger than I'd like. I'm trying to build momentum and failing miserably.
If she's fat drop her.
(Her body will cushion the fall)

The huge barrier is she's a twin,
You specifically will most likely want to play it safe.

Stick to the one for growing attraction and treat the other one friendly and platonically. Jealously plot lines between siblings can be a very interesting dynamic, but will blow up in your face if you fuck with the attainability too much and they choose their sisterhood / reputation over you. Jealously plot lines are intermediate-level stuff so for now maybe just keep it simple.

Hue

Gaturro

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Why don’t you add the twin on insta and text her on there?

it’s just an idea, and your instagram fundamentals have to be on point (might make a thread about this later), but it has 2 cons:

1. To do that you’ve gotta be 100% sure which one she is hahha
2. If you can wait, and are sure you’ll meet her again soon, meeting her in person may be your safest bet

But if you’re afraid she might have doubts after seeing you with the other girl, maybe building some comfort on insta could be a good idea :)

weekendwarrior

Space Monkey
space monkey
Thanks uriel, Beck Bass, Hue and Gaturro really appreciate it!

@uriel thanks for the change of perspective, it's not a big deal and it's a great way to start talking to them.

@Beck Bass hitting on the sister would be hilarious. Thanks for the good luck, I'll certainly need it! I imagine she's skittish because she likes me but it makes it difficult to escalate when she's to busy freaking out and avoiding me.

@Hue that's great, thanks! Really appreciate the advice. The fat chick is dropped, she's a speed bump which hasn't helped momentum. (I need to make a post about this, would really appreciate everyone's advice).

@Gaturro I don't know either of their names to add them on Instagram. After my last experience sharing my Instagram I'm not rushing to share it. I'll post about this separately. I can wait, I'll see her again in person. She's a regular at the place and I think it's my safest bet.

Thanks for all the advice guys.

Warrior

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
@weekendwarrior,

You've got good tips here, both on thinking about the 'lead' and on dealing with the sister.

I just want to circle back real quick to the bit about your reservations talking to the chubbier girl when the hot sister was spying on you:

In my experience with these sorts of things, even if the girl you ended up talking to wasn't on the same level, it does not ever affect you negatively.

The fact is, the girl who was interested in you wasn't there... or if the sister was trying to tell you she liked you in some obscure way, it certainly wasn't clear at all, and her response ("Next week!") isn't what you'd expect from a girl who likes you herself but is just being shy.

If there's some girl you like, and your friend tells her you like her, and then your friend notices her talking to some other guy, and that guy's a bit shabby-looking, he's not going to go to you and tell you, "Hey bro, I saw that girl you like. I told her you like her, but then I saw her talking to some shabby dude later."

Even if he does, you're not going to be like, "Seriously? You told her I liked her and she STILL talked to another dude? Well screw that ho, I'm totally over her!"

That's not how humans operate.

Instead, she's probably not even going to mention to the sister she saw you talk to some girl, because it isn't relevant.

Even if she's a gossip queen and she does, the most likely effect will be that the sister is going to feel some urgency to get together with you now, because she knows you're "open for business" and there are other potential takers circling around in the waters.

I doubt she'll try to dissuade the sister from you just because she saw you talk to someone else, either.

Humans are social. We talk to people. Just kind of what we do.

Chase

weekendwarrior

Space Monkey
space monkey
Thanks @Chase really appreciated! That's cleared up this perspective amazingly. My concern wasn't so much talking to the chubby chick but holding hands with her which is more a couple thing I guess.

I think I've definitely over thought it, hopefully the hot chick feels some urgency and stops acting so skittish near me. Many thanks!

Warrior

Rain

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I just want to circle back real quick to the bit about your reservations talking to the chubbier girl when the hot sister was spying on you:

In my experience with these sorts of things, even if the girl you ended up talking to wasn't on the same level, it does not ever affect you negatively.
Are you sure? From an article on the site:
What if you talk to this girl, who is okay, but then a REALLY hot girl sees the two of you talking and loses interest in you, and you miss out on that girl because you talked to this one?
The way the article on the site, seems to be that a hotter woman sees you with an okay[less hot] woman, that might make her lose interest.

>