Forum Feedback  Proposal: New forum section for Tinder real life conversational threads

Jan

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I would like to propose a new section on the forum where users would post their real life conversational threads from Tinder and other online dating apps, along with questions and call for opinion from others.

I believe this could be a great method for collaborative improvement as well as possible inspiration for others, on which things work and which don't work online.

Is this a good idea or this sub-forum already exists and I missed it?

ulrich

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
It’s a great idea.

I think we would just need to set up some rules to describe the context and strike out names and pictures.

Beck Bass

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Not really into using Tinder these days but I think the advice on texting from the people could be interesting for me regardless

Jan

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Proper Text Game...a topic still highly underrated in the community IMO.
Even if someone doesn't do online game, texting is unavoidable for most of day gamers, or anyone aiming for anything longer than ONS.

Jan

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
It’s a great idea.

I think we would just need to set up some rules to describe the context and strike out names and pictures.
Good point. Let's collect the basic rules here.

- no names
- no pictures
- nice, readable structure where it's easy to distinguish between her and you

Side note. Not all of you may know, but Tinder is also available on desktop browsers, like Chrome. It's much easier to copy paste from a browser than from mobile. Also, I may spend some time to develop a text formater, At the moment, when you copy-paste from Tinder there won't be names (which is good) but it's difficult to read and understand. I will try to make it so instead of names, there will be person headers like "ME", "HER".

ME: bla bla bla
HER: yada yada yada
ME: bang bang bang
HER: si si si

POB

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Even if someone doesn't do online game, texting is unavoidable for most of day gamers, or anyone aiming for anything longer than ONS.
Yep, that's my take.
There's no point in getting though the trouble of opening, hooking, etc if you can't close the deal later via text.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Yeah, I think this is an excellent idea.

We're going to be doing the forum redesign real soon. We've got a new look for the forum (much better / tighter / cleaner). While we're doing that, I'll get a board added for online & texting -- I think that would be a great addition.

Chase

>