Randy Bobandy's journal

randy__bobandy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Met a girl, Melissa in my class. The class is very small and intimate, so I can't really chat with her without everyone in the class seeing/hearing, so I've only got about a 30 second, maybe 1 minute window, to talk to her every M/W/F before and after class. Initially, whenever class was starting or ending, she would dart in and out of the room like a bat out of hell (I guess since she had no connections with the people in the class).

But since I've managed to get into a few small conversations in with her, it seems like she has a little more time for me. Now whenever she leaves class, she begins to dart out, but then she slows down right around me, enough for me to create a shoot-the-shit conversation. Although I try to always keep the conversation about her and do my best to deep dive on a severely limited time budget. When she walks into class, she smiles and says hello to me, and I try to slowly and suavely say "hey, hows it goin'?" She says shes doing good, and asks me back, I say I'm doing well, thank you. Which is usually accompanied by a giggle on her end. Also, whenever our eyes meet, I throw in a sexy half smile, or even a wink

And now this next part is going to sound crazy, but when we leave, we have to go through several doors to make it out of the area, and the way she holds them for me seems very personal. I don't even know how to describe it, or if anyone knows what I'm talking about. It's not like holding a door for a stranger, where you stand like a robot waiting for the next person to grab the door. All I can say is that it looked like an unnatural way to hold the door for someone you wouldn't give a second thought to.

But whatever, that's just my take on the door-holding situation.

So last Friday we were walking down the stairwell, and we were getting off at different flights, so she stopped at my flight and I said let's get coffee sometime. She smiled and said she can't because she's busy all day. I said, okay, some other time. Later that day, I read the article saying that if you get that sort of response, you can play it off like a joke (clutching your chest, saying youre breaking my heart, etc), although I thought I kept my cool and composure by acting like it's no biggie.

So next Monday I'll just ask again, since I should not necessarily take her rejection at face value.

Let me know your thoughts.

randy__bobandy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I went to a party tonight. There was a beer pong table, and I got paired with this cute blonde girl, Caitlin . Unfortunately I get very competitive and didn't really talk a whole lot. For a few minutes that I did manage to talk to her, I got a few details about her, what she does for a living.

One instance in which I am happy I saw a good opportunity was when she mentioned that she was a bartender at one point. I asked, okay, so what's your favorite drink to make and why?

One instance in which I was unhappy with myself was when we were playing beer pong. My friend who was on the opposite team said that Caitlin likes to talk shit about the other team. Then she turns to me, and she says "you dont think I'm the bully here?" I laughed and said no, but I feel like I should have said coyly "I don't know, are you a bully?"

After we demolished a few other teams, we went our separate ways, she went dancing, I went to chat with some friends. The females at the party consisted of that girl Caitlin, girls in relationships, a few DUFFs, and girls who I sort of knew too well to sleep with. Tomorrow I am headed out to town, so I will see where I go with that.

randy__bobandy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Went out to the bars tonight with the girl from last night and our friends. I chatted with her a bit,and one of her friends who was with her. I asked one of them what she does for a living, what she plans on doing, the standard stuff. I am still struggling a bit on keeping the conversation about her. I occasionally find myself going in a bit of a personal rant. But going out to the bars has reminded me how much I hate the bars. Loud, hot, and obnoxious.

randy__bobandy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
A little while back, I posted on the forums about this hot girl I knew that wanted to get high with me when am back on spring break. We made this plan a few weeks ago, and only talked about it once, asking if she knew anyone she could buy off of, or if I should ask my friends. Now I had originally been breaking the rules of texting (i.e. texting way too often, probably texted my way into the friend zone), but I've tried to tone it down since reading the article on how to text. Now I rarely, if ever, initiate the conversation, I let her come to me with what she wants to say.

Last night, she texts me at 3 AM, which is odd, since she usually never texts past 11 PM. I know you guys have no idea of the tone of our other conversations, but here's the gist of it.

[Her] Randall (she's never once called me by my full name before)

[Me] sup?

[Her] :) (she's usually to the point about anything, not like this)

[Me] ?

[Her] I want Ramen noodles

[Me] lol and I want a toilet made out of solid gold

[Her] :<

So this goes on for a few more texts, I'm just busting her balls about wanting ramen so late

[Me] lol, ok kate, im going to sleep, was there anything else you wanted to say to me at 3 AM aside from wanting ramen? (I knew something was up, might as well get it out of her before I go to sleep)

[Her] Well, yes (again, she's normally very to the point, she's never beat around the bush like this)

[Me] okay, shoot

[Her] Can't wait for spring break. That is all. Goodnight. (again, odd that she would cram 3 messages into one and high tail it out of the conversation so abruptly. and also, spring break is 3 weeks away, its not like oh I'm looking forwrd to seeing you tomorrow)

randy__bobandy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Chatted with the local pizza girl tonight. Shot theshit with her, but realized a great opportunity i missed. She mentioned how she hated when her room was dirty. I should jave said, "really? You strike me as the type who likes it dirty"

randy__bobandy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Decided to nut up today. I was at the library looking to do some work. There are usually some primo comfortable seats that are almost always taken up. I saw a girl doing some math at the table. Asked her if I could sit there are do some work. After about half an hour of me filling in spreadsheets with data and whatnot, I saw her looking perplexingly at her notebook. I said "you look stuck." And she said "yeah, its just this question, they want you to do [blah blah blah]."

So I chit chatted a bit, but eventually she had stopped doing her work and was exclusively talking to me. I probably could have deep dived more efficiently (I was striking on personal topics, but I could have gone deeper I feel). We talked for about an hour. Eventually we both had to leave, so we went on our merry ways, I didnt ask for her number or anything. I got back to my room and I checked my phone, I had a friend request from her on FB.

So why am I bothering to tell you about an anti-climactic tale? Because like the first sentence implies, I nutted up today. I'm hoping this leads to just a general more easy going feeling with girls.

randy__bobandy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
The library is a great place to meet girls, as my previous tactic worked here as well. I found another table with a cute Asian girl sitting by herself. Asked if she would mind me sitting there and doing work. Tried to do some work, but couldn't really concentrate. Eventually her friends walked by and said "Hey Natalie, [blah blah blah]." Then they left after about a minute.

So turn to her and say "Natalie, huh?" She smiles and says yes, I say I'm Randy, nice to meet you, and we hit it off talking. The conversation stalls after 10 minutes as she is still doing work, but we occasionally talk a bit here and there. Eventually I have to go, so I pack up my laptop and books into my bag. She says "You have to go now?" I said yeah, so she extends her arm out to shake my hand. We shake and she smiles and says "It was nice meeting you." I do the same and I leave.

This is good. This story is anti-climactic like the last one, but I like that I'm getting more comfortable. I'm thinking one more approach like this one, and then move my way up to some flirting. I'll try to do things in threes, 3 approaches, 3 flirtations, 3 get-togethers.

One thing I really need to work on is my voice though. I don't keep it deep and low, and I need to add a purr to it. For example, I asked her where she's from and she said she was from the next town over to me. When you hear that someone in a university of thousands happens to be so close to your home, you naturally get a bit excited. So I and my voice get more excited. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing to get excited, I just need to tone it down.

randy__bobandy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Today I went to my friends 21st birthday party. A good amount of cute girls. I approached 3 I think, a new record haha. The first turned out to be my friends girlfriend. So I decided to try to work my moves just as practice, without pulling the trigger trying to sleep with her. Second girl I approached didn't seem very interested. I turned my head for a second and she was gone. I saw my friend Keith talking to 2 girls, so I approached them and said "I want in on this conversation, and both girls immediately turned to me and started barraging me with questions. Eventually, one of them left, and I was left with one girl who seemed to like me. I chatted her up, genuinely enjoyed it, and eventually got her number.

This isn't necessarily a a post about how I managed to pick up a girl, more about how I am just getting more comfortable, so I am progressing.

>