Religion, Faith in God

Egor

Space Monkey
space monkey
What if religion is power? Look back in history to great societies, and strong men, and you will find that religion was at the core. My grandfather and grandmother are dead now, but I think of my grandfather especially as the epitome of The Greatest Generation. They were strong, confident, and humble. In their heart was faith in God. They won a great two front world war, and then came home, to have magnificent families and build up their country as an undisputed superpower. They did not come back from war shellshocked and suicidal, but rather came back as industrious, calm, and humble. The humility would shroud their tales of valor, but if you were to poke and prod a little, and listen, some stories might come out. They prayed, and their faith guided them and gave them confidence.

To be a truly great man, I feel you must believe.

Troy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
My personal opinion is religion is important to me. However growing up, I was surrounded by Christians, Muslims, Jews, and persons of other religions.

I learnt to live amongt all and treat each person with the respect. Respect for their beliefs. Respect for their ideas. Respect for their entire being. Religion has always been a touchy topic. Even in certain religious groups, there are several demoninations. And that can get messy very quickly when everyone claims "this is the right way".

Chase wrote a pretty good article on reference points and changing world views. That I think ties in well with what you are saying. Because some persons on here will 100% agree with you. And other persons may be athest.

I will share 3 tidbits from the article that will tie in well with your beliefs:

"Reference points determine the reality in which you live. Different reference points, different beliefs, and different view of the world."

And

"You can't investigate everything yourself. So, you must rely on other sources of information do flesh out your understanding of the world; thus, reference points play a vital role in shaping your view of reality."

And

"I try to avoid ideological debates for this reason. I don't want to debate with you whether Christianity or Judaism or Islam or Buddhism or Hinduism or no religion is right, because we're both likely going to be bringing very different reference experiences to the table, and we'll never reconcile those differences in a debate. I similarly don't want to debate with you whether the Democrats or the Republicans are better for America, or even if they're both the same or if they're very different. We're likely going to have different reference experiences here."

Troy

Every person you meet is going to have different reference points than you do, and if you clash over your ideological differences you will fail to get along or build a connection. That's extremely important to recognize."

Donnyy

Rookie
Rookie
Without a doubt, religion is a certain force that works, and it does not matter if all people adhere to it. Another thing is that not everyone needs it - each person has his own life

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
This is off topic and has nothing to do with seduction. 0000.... unless is how to seduce religious woman... my troll radar moving

>