Calls & Texts  Reply to 'i won't be good company tonight'?

Fluxcapacitor

Modern Human
Modern Human
Dudes! I've had a meet up declined in such an unusual way I don't know how to respond.

This girl replied "I don't think I'll be good company tonight" it's not a terrible response, it's basically "not tonight" but it's not great.

I think replying "we'd have had fun" doesn't work, and not replying comes across butt hurt at the rejection. Other than asking why she doesn't think she'll be good company I have no ideas

Thoughts? Thanks dudes!

Last edited:

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Dudes! I've had a meet up declined in such an unusual way I don't know how to respond.

This girl replied "I don't think I'll be good company tonight" it's not a terrible response, it's basically "not tonight" but it's not great.

I think replying "we'd have had fun" doesn't work, and not replying comes across butt hurt at the rejection. Other than asking why she doesn't think she'll be good company I have no ideas

Thoughts? Thanks dudes!

"ok no problem, just curious why would you think that"

try to find out why is she saying this...

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Probably got some bad news and is sulking a bit on it.

Gotta dig to find out what she wants to get out of it. Does she want a night alone to think about it? Does she want you to be her therapist and listen? Is this going to effect her mood and availability going forward?

If you aren't willing to do that a simple "'k bye" and cross her off your list.

Fluxcapacitor

Modern Human
Modern Human
@Skills dude! Thanks I used your line as a blueprint, I try to avoid saying no problem to not let them off to easily but I think it worked here.

@Fuck This dude! Any other time I'd happily "bye" her and cross her off the list but with what's going on at the moment I'm not going to meet a lot of people and I've got very little options.

Sounds like either over stressed with her work and pissed that all plans are cancelled. "Having a difficult time at the moment. Finding it hard to be positive about anything"

Night alone, we're in lockdown... I don't want to be her therapist, and i think asking what she's having a difficult time with is inviting a therapy session. whatever it is it's affected her mood.

Fluxcapacitor

Modern Human
Modern Human
@Tr1cky dude! That would have been my first thought too but it was that time of month about 2 weeks ago, we still had fun that night.

@Skills dude! I dug a little deeper and she was stressed with everything going on. Very victim mentality about it really considering this is affecting everyone. It'll affect me a lot more than her and I'm not bitching about it. I tried to pace her reality but she didn't respond to this so I've stepped back. She can come back when she's in a better mood

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
@Tr1cky dude! That would have been my first thought too but it was that time of month about 2 weeks ago, we still had fun that night.

@Skills dude! I dug a little deeper and she was stressed with everything going on. Very victim mentality about it really considering this is affecting everyone. It'll affect me a lot more than her and I'm not bitching about it. I tried to pace her reality but she didn't respond to this so I've stepped back. She can come back when she's in a better mood

ok as i said i suspected that or the period, i guess i was right... now you are looking at her reaction like you would react, but no, women are women, you can not expect her to react like you... Yes! the back off is the right move for now, ping her later....

>