Rookie Questions 101: Do you Practice Fundamentals whilst infield approaching

Elliot

Space Monkey
space monkey
Good day
I read through Francesco Togianni's article on fitting game into your life.

I noted that he stressed the idea that the success will come mainly from putting yourself out there.
"My results have a lot more to do with how much time I spend infield, rather than what I say when I am in set. "
And how to get your priorities in order in the midst of creating the dating life you want

He touched that if your fundamentals are in tune, and you approach in regular increased volumes, it'll start to become intuitve on which leads to pursue(girls to approach) .

My question is to let opportunities pass,, and solely make time for honing each fundamental(Physical, Vocal and emotional) in the field and look at people reaction, or approach and fixate on fundamentals while you approach people.

I hope this make sense. I want to maximize the time I spend infield

West_Indian_Archie

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
My question is to let opportunities pass,, and solely make time for honing each fundamental(Physical, Vocal and emotional) in the field and look at people reaction, or approach and fixate on fundamentals while you approach people.

I hope this make sense. I want to maximize the time I spend infield

Basic Social Skills - If you're working on your general socialization skills, take every opportunity you can to talk to strangers, friends, and family. Small talk is a life skill. Empathy is a life skill. Reading a room is a life skill. Understanding body language cues is a life skill. These are things you need to know at 8 and at 80 and aren't about picking up women. (and not having these skills are usually demonstrations of lower "value" to most women)

Advanced Social Skills - Being able to direct a conversation, talk about sensitive topics, allow someone to "save face", make an emotional argument work, get confessions out of people, force errors, sales, negotiation, counseling, coaching, teaching - these are what I would called advanced social skills. When you see people become leaders of groups and can handle conflict - you're seeing skills that are rarely practiced by most people. Everyone reads the 48 Laws of Power, but few are in positions where they can use those things, much less practice, much less refine, much less become highly skilled practitioners.

Now...

Pick Up Skills - If you're working on pick up skills specifically, it's best to "small chunk" the game, and then use that as much as possible.

Maybe you want to work on "observation" openers, cold reads, compliment openers, visual openers, etc - then just do that for a few days, get in your reference experiences, write down what you think is gonna happen, and then what actually happened.

WIA

Elliot

Space Monkey
space monkey
Basic Social Skills - If you're working on your general socialization skills, take every opportunity you can to talk to strangers, friends, and family. Small talk is a life skill. Empathy is a life skill. Reading a room is a life skill. Understanding body language cues is a life skill. These are things you need to know at 8 and at 80 and aren't about picking up women. (and not having these skills are usually demonstrations of lower "value" to most women)

Advanced Social Skills - Being able to direct a conversation, talk about sensitive topics, allow someone to "save face", make an emotional argument work, get confessions out of people, force errors, sales, negotiation, counseling, coaching, teaching - these are what I would called advanced social skills. When you see people become leaders of groups and can handle conflict - you're seeing skills that are rarely practiced by most people. Everyone reads the 48 Laws of Power, but few are in positions where they can use those things, much less practice, much less refine, much less become highly skilled practitioners.

Now...

Pick Up Skills - If you're working on pick up skills specifically, it's best to "small chunk" the game, and then use that as much as possible.

Maybe you want to work on "observation" openers, cold reads, compliment openers, visual openers, etc - then just do that for a few days, get in your reference experiences, write down what you think is gonna happen, and then what actually happened.

WIA

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I like the holistic approach you took on the social skills. I want it to extend into the other domains of life as mentioned. Not necessarily be thinking in a pick up mode in my interactions outside of pickup, but have the social skills and experience present.

Mr.Rob

Modern Human
Modern Human
Yeah good question man. You'll want to be working on a core fundamental each time you're out (i.e. good posture, vocal tone, eye contact... Usually 1-2 per month till it becomes habit is good) and also be working on your technical game skills and just getting experience.

If you had to choose one over the other obviously talking to girls and getting experience will Trump working solely on fundamentals alone... But do both and you'll be well served.

Elliot

Space Monkey
space monkey
it took some time to understand myself ,what my problem was and where the confusion was in my approach to learning and applying game, I'm glad you understand and provided a solution.

Yeah that seems more manageable if I were to take 2 at a time instead of the multitasking that's been overwhelming the hell out of me. It's only because I'm so perfectionistic. Which I need to tone down.

What seems to be my flaws at this point would be my eye contact, and voice. I'm not overly concerned with my walk since I always pay attention to my pace. If I'm walking too fast, I start getting quite anxious. But I'll refine if I see issues.

West_Indian_Archie

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I like the holistic approach you took on the social skills. I want it to extend into the other domains of life as mentioned. Not necessarily be thinking in a pick up mode in my interactions outside of pickup, but have the social skills and experience present.

There is no end point to the journey of social skills. But getting on the road and moving forward is the most important part. The more people you interact with, learn from, and learn about yourself (what you cannot do presently, what you want to do in the future, what you can do right now)...the better you end up becoming.

I'd say the same is for pick up. In my mind, the ultimate goal of pick up is "Any woman, Any Situation, Any Time". Guys will never get to that level, but in trying to go for something like - men become creative and learn.

WIA

>