Calls & Texts  Set the Pace

Just_Dave

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Texting should be used as a tool for setting up dates. However, if the girl wants to text after you've set the date, Set the Pace for the time in between texts. Also, make sure the conversation doesn't drag on or get stale. If a girls texting you slow, you text her slower. If a girls texting you fast, reply a little slower. This way you're controlling the conversation and always be the first one to terminate the interaction. This way it's on your time and not on hers. You never want you messages to be longer than her's either, and you never want to be too excited when returning messages.

Just some tips,

Dave

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Good primer here, Dave. Really important, especially for newer guys, not to be texting girls novels or replying too fast right away.

Once you're better with text, you can send girls long texts and have it be okay if the text accomplishes a lot, and you can reply fast if it fits in with what you're trying to do. But when you're still learning, and when your texting is more "directionless," as most guys' texting is until they get solid at texting, best bet's simply keeping it short and infrequent.

Cheers,
Chase

Just_Dave

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Chase said:
Good primer here, Dave. Really important, especially for newer guys, not to be texting girls novels or replying too fast right away.

Once you're better with text, you can send girls long texts and have it be okay if the text accomplishes a lot, and you can reply fast if it fits in with what you're trying to do. But when you're still learning, and when your texting is more "directionless," as most guys' texting is until they get solid at texting, best bet's simply keeping it short and infrequent.

Cheers,
Chase

Very true, I find it builds that "mysterious" vibe that girls love so much. Girls like it when you don't text them constantly either as it gives them time to miss you.

monsterslimjim

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Just_Dave said:
Texting should be used as a tool for setting up dates. However, if the girl wants to text after you've set the date, Set the Pace for the time in between texts.

I had a question about this actually:
What happens after you have set up a date, but the date isnt until a few weeks later? I got a girl's number, texted her a little bit, and set up a date. My predicament is, 'what now?'
My first guess would be to build some excitement for the date and set up the logistics of it, but if its not for a few weeks, I dont want her to forget about it or have the connection I made go cold.
Thanks for any advice!

-Monsterslimjim

Just_Dave

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
monsterslimjim said:
Just_Dave said:
Texting should be used as a tool for setting up dates. However, if the girl wants to text after you've set the date, Set the Pace for the time in between texts.

I had a question about this actually:
What happens after you have set up a date, but the date isnt until a few weeks later? I got a girl's number, texted her a little bit, and set up a date. My predicament is, 'what now?'
My first guess would be to build some excitement for the date and set up the logistics of it, but if its not for a few weeks, I dont want her to forget about it or have the connection I made go cold.
Thanks for any advice!

-Monsterslimjim

Hey Jim,

The last thing you want to do is bug her, but like you said you don't want her to forget. Definitely send her a day of text
"Hey Jane, can't wait to see how amazing you'll look today. :)"
This will limit the chances of her flaky. Some light texting maybe a couple of days before the date would be great, but remember to keep the conversation short. You don't want it to go all over the place, your goal is to meet with her warm her up to the idea of intimacy and then get intimate.
Texting is a lot harder than holding an actual conversation, in person you can be boring and less exciting. When it comes to texting you have to keep her engage and make her want to text you.

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hey monsterslimjim,

Generally I only try to "officially" set up dates the week of the actual date. If it seems like it will be a few weeks until you can get together, it is usually best to just send a text saying, "Well, we should get together in a few weeks for [a drink/cup of coffee] =)"

That being said, Dave has the right idea that you have already scheduled the date, and texting her in between can only serve to do more harm than good. If she happens to text you first, you can respond warmly and maybe send a few "comfort texts" back and forth. Other than that, I would probably only text her sometime early in the week of your date with something along the lines of:

"Hey Jen, I hope the winter is treating you well so far! Are we still on for grabbing a [drink/cup of coffee] this week? =)"

These types of texts usually get good responses, even if she has to cancel and re-schedule with you.

- Franco

Just_Dave

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Franco said:
Hey monsterslimjim,

Generally I only try to "officially" set up dates the week of the actual date.
- Franco

Definitely, the sooner the better when it comes to dates. Girls have tons of options, and you always want to be ahead of the rest of the guys. It's best to leave nothing to chance at times. This centers around the whole theme of "setting the pace".

monsterslimjim

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Franco said:
Hey monsterslimjim,

Generally I only try to "officially" set up dates the week of the actual date. If it seems like it will be a few weeks until you can get together, it is usually best to just send a text saying, "Well, we should get together in a few weeks for [a drink/cup of coffee] =)"

That being said, Dave has the right idea that you have already scheduled the date, and texting her in between can only serve to do more harm than good. If she happens to text you first, you can respond warmly and maybe send a few "comfort texts" back and forth. Other than that, I would probably only text her sometime early in the week of your date with something along the lines of:

"Hey Jen, I hope the winter is treating you well so far! Are we still on for grabbing a [drink/cup of coffee] this week? =)"

These types of texts usually get good responses, even if she has to cancel and re-schedule with you.

- Franco

Awesome! This is a huge help for when I want to "officially" set the date up! Thanks guys!

-Monsterslimjim

>