She walked away without saying anything?

Unknownymous

Space Monkey
space monkey
I went clubbing recently and was chatting to a few girls. I met one girl in smoking area seemingly by herself so I started chatting to her.

It seemed like everything was going well, solid eye contact, she was laughing and she was asking me questions as well. Then all of a sudden she walked off without saying anything and started talking to someone else lol.

I just found it weird and confusing so I just went back inside.
Any ideas why this would have happened? What are the most common reasons why someone would do this?

Grand Pooba

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
It sounds like you hit or passed a transitional point and didn't make the transition; she got bored gave up and moved on to another guy.

You're the man and you have to lead. If a girl is into you and investing in you, you can't just keep her in stasis in that mode forever - you need to move things forward. The next logical step for you would be to transition topics, or move her to a different place in the club, or start some physicality. You have to escalate in some format to keep moving things forward.

Guys have many different strategies for this. In night game, especially clubs, you just hit these windows much faster and there's less room for error.

HeartRipper

Space Monkey
space monkey
I went clubbing recently and was chatting to a few girls. I met one girl in smoking area seemingly by herself so I started chatting to her.

It seemed like everything was going well, solid eye contact, she was laughing and she was asking me questions as well. Then all of a sudden she walked off without saying anything and started talking to someone else lol.

I just found it weird and confusing so I just went back inside.
Any ideas why this would have happened? What are the most common reasons why someone would do this?
This has never happened to me. At least the girl excuses herself before she leaves and then doesn't come back.
However, I think to really find out what happened, it was worth re-opening her later on. At that point, you would be able to gauge from her reaction towards you (positive or negative) whether she left because you screwed up or it was something beyond your control (like a friend she was waiting for coming and then she simply dashes off thinking she will re-engage and introduce you after--you never know).

Unknownymous

Space Monkey
space monkey
like a friend she was waiting for coming and then she simply dashes off thinking she will re-engage and introduce you after--you never know

Now that I think of it, it could have been this hahaha. She did kinda jog off and she was talking to the guy right in front of me lol. I did wait for a minute before leaving though but it kinda seemed like she wanted to stay with that guy.

Not 100% sure though because I wasn't really looking at what she was doing, I was just staring off thinking on what I wanted to do next, and just decided to go back inside.

Would it have been a good idea to follow her and just assume she wanted me to meet the guy?

Grand Pooba

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
What's the best way to recover from this, is it possible and how likely?

In night game yes and no - you can always reopen sets that stalled earlier if you see her again. This is actually a great strategy a lot of guys use - seed many sets early on and then reengage the girl(s) when you see them again later. Eventually you’ll hit one that you can isolate and pull because of timing.

For this to work best you have to develop social proof and ideally pre selection - if you have these things in place any girl you engaged earlier would be down for a reengage.

Hubblenobbin

Rookie
Rookie
Is it possible you failed a shit-test and didn't notice it? What were the last couple sentences of the interaction, and was there a drop in engagement before those sentences?

HeartRipper

Space Monkey
space monkey
Is it possible you failed a shit-test and didn't notice it? What were the last couple sentences of the interaction, and was there a drop in engagement before those sentences?
That could be a possibility but field pick up doesn't quite work that way. It is not that the moment you fail a shit-test the girl frowns, loses attraction and then dashes off--because you failed the shit-test (though it could happen if it is extreme but unlikely). What I have noticed is that the fuckups add up and the girl loses attraction over the interaction until she leaves. But not in the dramatic fashion of "fail shit test, girl leaves."

HeartRipper

Space Monkey
space monkey
Would it have been a good idea to follow her and just assume she wanted me to meet the guy?
No. I think that would be a bad idea, as you want to be the one leading, not following the girl around. Although it is equally bad to just stand there and lose value, waiting for her.

I think what you did (waiting a few minutes and then leaving) was the best thing to do in the moment. However, you would've circled back after some time and re-engaged her, even if it was after 3 or 5 minutes. Even if she is still with the guy at that point, you can break their circle and re-engage, see if she wants you there.
For this to work best you have to develop social proof and ideally pre selection - if you have these things in place any girl you engaged earlier would be down for a reengage.
And like @Grand Pooba mentioned, it would be best if you have social proof and preselection on your side.

Hubblenobbin

Rookie
Rookie
That could be a possibility but field pick up doesn't quite work that way. It is not that the moment you fail a shit-test the girl frowns, loses attraction and then dashes off--because you failed the shit-test (though it could happen if it is extreme but unlikely). What I have noticed is that the fuckups add up and the girl loses attraction over the interaction until she leaves. But not in the dramatic fashion of "fail shit test, girl leaves."

That doesn't jive with my experience this week. You can fail a shit-test or AMOG and immediately get back-turns and pullaways with hotties.
ex1) Two girls at bar, I've called one girl bad(9) and the other good(8). The 8 tried to give me proximity a few minutes earlier. Both girls' eyes are glistening and they like me. I'm about a minute into the set. The friend throws me like 3 shit-tests in a row (my intuition says that she called dibs or something and I chose the hotter one. The 8 seemed more alpha.). 1st) Why don't you buy us a drink. I don't fail but don't pass this one 2nd) You really called her a bad girl? I passed this one. 3rd) Why don't you sit next to my friend at the bar. I failed this one because I didn't reply with a hoop, even though I really did want to sit down so I could mini-isolate, so I got a backturn from my target.
ex2) Girlfriend(9) of a 10 goes "Are you bothering my friend?" my target is attracted, so is the friend to some extent. She gave me 2 seconds to respond and I hesitated so she pulled her away.
ex3) I'm talking to this 8.5. The dude she was talking to throws up a couple logical threads and I jump on them and integrate them into the conversation with the girl. Her attraction for me quickly drops and she backturns.

In each case I was only like a minute into the interaction, so I hadn't quite hooked yet, though I had a good deal of attraction. A shit-test fail at that point can immediately kill the set. In all these cases I could re-approach though. Less attractive girls are more forgiving.

Last edited:

HeartRipper

Space Monkey
space monkey
A shit-test fail at that point can immediately kill the set.
My bad. This is actually true with really hot sets. You go in, she is responsive. Throws shit-test, you fail, or she throws a hoop and you comply...you're done. This happens because they are usually more skilled at screening guys so all they need you to do is one mistake and you are in the pile of "oh, he's just like the other losers that came up to me tonight."
Maybe I forgot because I haven't seen it a lot lately.

Thanks for the correction @Hubblenobbin

Unknownymous

Space Monkey
space monkey
In each case I was only like a minute into the interaction, so I hadn't quite hooked yet, though I had a good deal of attraction. A shit-test fail at that point can immediately kill the set. In all these cases I could re-approach though. Less attractive girls are more forgiving.

How do you know when you've hooked? She was asking me questions, and she was basically carrying the conversation, maybe I put her in auto rejection by seeming to cool / aloof?

Maybe I could have told her that I'm going back inside and see if she wanted to come with me inside if I wanted to stick with it.

Thoughts?

HeartRipper

Space Monkey
space monkey
Maybe I could have told her that I'm going back inside and see if she wanted to come with me inside if I wanted to stick with it.
I think is really good. It would've been great to read her reaction when you told her that you were going back inside.

>