OR  She's on the checkout line and next person up - How to approach?

ElderPrice

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I went to a grocery store today. During my time in the store, I saw maybe three girls total. Only this one was worth approaching - actually near a personal 9 or 10 for me.

So I walk into the store, grab a basket, and walk on my way to the other side of the store passing by/through all the lines at the registers. There she was standing on line by herself, about to get up to the register and pay any second. There were people behind her in line too. My brain went into overdrive trying to assess if there was a way to make this approach work but I couldn't think of a smooth answer.

- Sure, you can stop and open, but within a matter of seconds she's going to have to divert attention to checking out
- You can't walk around to the other side of the register and wait because (assuming she noticed you, which I think she did in this case) you'd be expending decent effort to cause an interaction, and you'd look weak just standing there waiting for however many minutes for her to pay to finally say something
- You can't interrupt her during checking out because that's a pretty uncalibrated thing to do

In retrospect, all I can think of is either:
1. Make sure she doesn't see you so that you can walk near the exit doors, stop her on her way out, and say 'Hey I noticed you checking out and think you're cute. I had to come and meet you. I'm Elder.'
2. With a very confident delivery, maybe walk up to her, hand her your card (that has your cell on it) and say something like "Hey come find me right over there (some area of the store where you'll be browsing yet still visible to her) when you're done checking out." Smile then walk over there.

But these don't sound like strong tactics, at least not to me. Anyone have any better recommendations?

>