Should I get out!?

CristianL

Space Monkey
space monkey
morning, folks, I live with my girlfriend for 7 months now and I have the following issue. We never had more than 2 weeks of peace, lately it's a problem every 2-3 days, even day after day. She just gets bothered by something and pulls back a bit, if I ask her she says everything is fine but eventually she finds a 'reason' (I feel like she's bullshitting); let me give you some examples: saturday night we came home, had sex and after I felt like something was wrong with her, I didn't say anything at the time because I wasn't 100%. The next morning when we woke up she didn't say anything, avoided me and shit and I confronted her about it and she said that she thought that I was upset with something from saturday morning and that was why she acted this way (fucking bullshit, I was perfectly fine all day saturday and she was as well). This morning I went to the gym and before leaving for work we had some sex and before I left again, I felt like something was wrong with the bitch and I can tell from the messages she sent me that something's up (I don't see the kiss and heart emojis she usually sends).

I actually feel exhausted with this bullshit, in the past month this happened every fucking 3-4 days. Do I just exit this or how do I proceed?! Thanks!

Regal Tiger

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I felt like something was wrong with the bitch
No judgment because we've all been there, but if you're feeling this way about someone then it's likely turning toxic. Probably better to cut it off now

Though you can sit her down first and explain that you're getting fed up with how distant you feel like she's getting while also sincerely talking about some things that may annoy her about you (Chris Voss calls this an 'accusation audit'). Basically take time to think about everything that she might hate or be upset about concerning you and mention them. Sometimes you'll hit the trigger and other times it can prompt her to open up because it shows that you're really trying. Tell her that you can't live like this but you want to give it one last shot to fix it before cutting it off because you care about her.

Gotta remain cool-headed if she does open up though

ulrich

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Sounds to me like she is sending you signals for something big that you are just not catching up.
Any issue that seems like “not a big deal” right now?

She is probably hinting it IS a big deal.

>