Should I hit up my old prom date?

FunkMaster69

Space Monkey
space monkey
So I've just recently gotten back in the game... and I'm looking for a gf I was just wondering if you guys think it's a good idea to hit up an old flame, my old prom date?

Context: We dated for 2 months in highschool and she was my prom date. We lived two cities apart, about a 45 min drive. She broke up with me because she said we live too far and she hates the fact that we only see each other just once a week. At least that's what she told me. I've dated seriously and casually in the meantime, and she is still by far the greatest gf I've ever had, with the exception of one who I wrote about in my last post. I think they're both tied tbh in terms of personality and looks. The rest of em were pretty shit compared to these two tbh, like by a lot. In my opinion, these two were 12s and the third highest was an 8.

Anyways, it was a brief but fun romance. She used to get super excited every time we met or talked. One day we had a date scheduled after school, and she got off before me and was waiting for me to call her to tell her I'm ready. So I get out and do just that. She gets so excited that when she starts driving to me, she got into a minor car accident... I was like wtf? And her response was "I was excited and wasn't thinking..."

I actually met her parents too, they were lovely (except that her dad was a baseball fan... I can talk football and wrestling all day, but baseball?). I was looking through my personal pictures and I came across this and I just started melting. (If you can't see the picture, it's one of those hearts with both our names in it). I think it's old love tbh, but I'd love to do the whole Ted and Robbin thing and hit her up with an old inside joke. I'm not going to post the other pictures out of respect for her privacy, but in almost everyone of them she's starring at me with a huge goofy smile.

When we broke up, she told me that we should stay friends. I thought she was just being nice, but the next week she invited me to a baseball game with her fam. I was shocked but I said yes.

This is the trippy part. Everything seemed well, we were cuddled up (don't remember if we we're holding hands or not) and we kept saying "we're going to the bathroom" "we're gunna go get a hot dog" and just make out for like 5 min and come back and pretend nothing had just happened. I asked her "does this mean we're getting back together?" She said no, and that she just wanted to show me a good time because I spent like 100$ on her prom ticket (fuck my highschool for charging that much...).

After that, it's been 7 years and no contact other than seeing each other on facebook. I've been off Facebook for years now, and the last I heard was she was studying at some college close to my mom's house. She could be married for all I know...

The thing is, every girl I've dated since, I've compared to her in my head. Only one has been just as good and maybe better. If you read my last post, you'll know that it did not work out with that one...

If I had to guess why things fell apart, it's because I was a skinny little virgin back then... and she was the most popular girl at her school and the "Athlete of the Year." All my friends petty much said that she's out of my league... I know she loved my personality tho. Since then, I've dated a bunch, gotten laid, and gained like 50 pounds (mostly muscle).

So what do you think guys? Can Old Love be turned into New Romantic Love again?

alleniverson

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hey man. I read this post and your previous one about the break up. That must be tough. I haven't gone through something like that before so my condolences. I feel like you may be interested in hitting up this girl because you want to replace that emotional connection with a new one, and you feel like you already had it with this chick so it might come easy again. That could be so. But in my opinion, keep moving forward. If you feel really inclined, sure, hit this chick up, but still retain the mindset of looking to meet new girls so you can blaze through life full speed ahead and form relationships with lots of them. There are so many great women and experiences yet to be discovered :)

FunkMaster69

Space Monkey
space monkey
I feel like you may be interested in hitting up this girl because you want to replace that emotional connection with a new one, and you feel like you already had it with this chick so it might come easy again. That could be so.

You're right as one can be. All I want to do is move on and I'm having a tough time meeting someone because of covid and work (I work from home).

Biggest reason why I want to hit her up is because it took me 6 years to find someone that I liked as much as I liked her. It was a great journey, and I'm glad I did it instead of asking for her back because I made a lot of good memories, but I'm not sure if I wanna spend another few years or so trying to replace these two ladies that I liked so much...

I'm thinking to give myself 1 more year, and to go out as much as possible in this 1 year because there's the possibility that I might meet someone that I like even better than these two. I just hope she doesn't get pregnant or married within this 1 year, if she hasn't already done so.

Derek da man

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I guess I'm probably further along the life experiences spectrum so I'm a bit more jaded about things than some - but it will give you a different perspective hopefully.

I think you should go out with her, enjoy her company and THEN see how you feel about her. You may find your view of her has changed, or that her view of you has changed, or she's married, or whatever. Don't go in with the view that you want to get back together. If you do decide you would like to date her again keep it casual, keep it open and don't let her tie you down unless it is what your REALLY want. There is nothing wrong with being friends and travelling the journey of life and sharing experiences without necessarily becoming an exclusive item.

I've been out on dates with a couple of girls I dated at school and, tbh, they weren't all that, they weren't what I remembered which shows I've changed. In fact I've moved on in a big way so while it was nice to see them and catch up I won't be dating either of them.

DarkKnight

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
This is the same girl as previous post right?

Tl:dr meet more quality girls.

DarkKnight

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Got it, still you are in scarcity.. The best love is new love. Are you good with opening new girls?

FunkMaster69

Space Monkey
space monkey
Got it, still you are in scarcity.. The best love is new love. Are you good with opening new girls?

Probably am...

I'd say decent and rusty. Like I said in the post, I was literally dating the most popular girl... many many many times in my life I've been told the girl I'm dating is out of my league (I use to look like Eric Foreman from the 70s show... skinny little guy who dates girls like Donna).

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
See my blueprint. Once you get enlightened, you shall kiss my feet.

All Hail KING BOOKAH!

p.s: Anyway, if you feel that you need to get it out of your system, contact her and do a crazy text. After you find yourself crash n burn, get up. Go find new girls.

Sometimes humans need to crash hard :/ just how it is.

z@c+

DarkKnight

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Haha Zac is actually right.. maybe you need to burn a bit and then focus on new girls.

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Haha Zac is actually right.. maybe you need to burn a bit and then focus on new girls.

If you want to go, might as well go out with a bang.

I recommend calling her a THOT for not texting you back. Don't forget a smile emoji in your text.

z@c+

FunkMaster69

Space Monkey
space monkey
See my blueprint. Once you get enlightened, you shall kiss my feet.

All Hail KING BOOKAH!

p.s: Anyway, if you feel that you need to get it out of your system, contact her and do a crazy text. After you find yourself crash n burn, get up. Go find new girls.

Sometimes humans need to crash hard :/ just how it is.

z@c+

where can i see your blue print?

tbh your right. I'm just romanticizing the past too much

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
where can i see your blue print?

tbh your right. I'm just romanticizing the past too much

There's nothing wrong. If you feel that you need to get it out of your system. Make it impactful.

It's your life. I was teasing but in a way, I want you to own it. It's your life. At least you know that you did try, to contact that Prom girl. I might look like an idiot but fuck it. Make it impactful and quick. You own that you did try.

Get up again

Break down the process to small bits. Even the mental process

z@c+

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
So I've just recently gotten back in the game... and I'm looking for a gf

^ worst possible attitude, dude listen me as a veteran, knowing everything about pick up there is to know, after a break up, had this attitude, is the worst possible attitude to have... Right now your brain is not right, you need to take time off, till you de perbond and start dating multiple women (which is the last thing you want to do after a break up)... take a break start dating around stop looking for a replacement or a girlfriend.... dating multiple girls till you reach abundance a gf will then at that point present itself (similar to what chase told you)...

back to your prom date, ping her to gauge reaction, she may not be available...

FunkMaster69

Space Monkey
space monkey
^ worst possible attitude, dude listen me as a veteran, knowing everything about pick up there is to know, after a break up, had this attitude, is the worst possible attitude to have... Right now your brain is not right, you need to take time off, till you de perbond and start dating multiple women (which is the last thing you want to do after a break up)... take a break start dating around stop looking for a replacement or a girlfriend.... dating multiple girls till you reach abundance a gf will then at that point present itself (similar to what chase told you)...

back to your prom date, ping her to gauge reaction, she may not be available...

Will do! I don't have her number and I don't wanna reboot my facebook... instead I asked out another friend to grab coffe... she said no (she's already dating). Even though I got rejected, I felt my balls grow a little. I'm about to ping another, and go cold approaching next week (I'm stuck with a bunch of work rn...)

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Will do! I don't have her number and I don't wanna reboot my facebook... instead I asked out another friend to grab coffe... she said no (she's already dating). Even though I got rejected, I felt my balls grow a little. I'm about to ping another, and go cold approaching next week (I'm stuck with a bunch of work rn...)

oh yeah! deactivate facebook, and create a new one with a nickname, or pseudo name (this is what i did after the break up), i told the story on how after a year dating the girl i am dating now, she found out my name is not my name lol... There is no need to get rejected i keep trying to tell you guys to gauge or ping, pre asking girls out.... Here is the thing after a break up you are a vulnerable kind of not cool version of yourself for a while, so your success with women may go down a bit for a period of time (again we are all kind of vulnerable, rusty, a bit weak in the game, this is normal after break ups if you were really attached that is)... Women on the other hand just got a post some hot pics, and walk in a club with a mini skirt and they got a bunch of candidates

>