Forum Feedback Skilled Seducer 2022 Theme, First Draft: Like, Dislike, Feedback?

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Hey fellas,

I asked our designer to take a crack at a new look for the SS Boards.

I'd like to get your opinions -- like, dislike, any feedback you have, etc.

Note that all forums will of course still be there (they just aren't all here in the mockup). Forum icons will also get a makeover, becoming larger / more square to better fit the design (existing icons are still used in this mockup for now).

Here's Draft #1:

mockup-skilled-seducer-2022.png

Train

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I like the design layout, but I think some more color in it would be nice so it doesn't look too blank/white.

The forum stats section I'm not sure would be of much use to regular members imo so maybe that real estate could be used for some other feature. Maybe like a PM preview window/box? Or preview of latest posts as well would be helpful.

Integration with the GC articles side of the site would be cool too because guys in the chat often refer and discuss articles live. But this is a minor wishlist item that can be worked around with another tab or something.

Regal Tiger

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I like the design layout, but I think some more color in it would be nice so it doesn't look too blank/white.

The forum stats section I'm not sure would be of much use to regular members imo so maybe that real estate could be used for some other feature. Maybe like a PM preview window/box? Or preview of latest posts as well would be helpful.

Integration with the GC articles side of the site would be cool too because guys in the chat often refer and discuss articles live. But this is a minor wishlist item that can be worked around with another tab or something.
While I don't really use the chat part of the forum I have to second this. Having some integration would probably be a great boon, especially for the newer members. Not sure about implementation, but definitely something I think would help :)

Also, as long as 'new posts' and 'mark forums read' are both clickable buttons, I'm good lol

Starboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I personally don't like how bolded it appears in the thread titles. Also I don't fancy the font style of the words idk it looks cartoonish to me. As for the share option who from here is gonna be sharing a link called skilled seducer to their facebook lol

Last edited:

Will_V

Modern Human
Modern Human
Hey fellas,

I asked our designer to take a crack at a new look for the SS Boards.

I'd like to get your opinions -- like, dislike, any feedback you have, etc.

Note that all forums will of course still be there (they just aren't all here in the mockup). Forum icons will also get a makeover, becoming larger / more square to better fit the design (existing icons are still used in this mockup for now).

Here's Draft #1:

View attachment 246

I like the direction it's heading, bordering the sub-forums is great, overall it looks way more impressive. But there's a lot of competition for attention in terms of different levels of contrast, different colors, lots of bolded font.

I also think the organisation of things toward the top before reaching 'The Boards' could be more efficient so as to bring the content toward the top.

Lastly the notification icon is probably better as red, I didn't notice it immediately.