"Slut-shaming" -- What is it exactly?

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Gentlemen,

A friend of mine posted a good article on Facebook today about "slut-shaming." It's pretty obvious women wield this as a tool to cut each other down and boost their own value in the sexual marketplace. But what might even be MORE intriguing to you guys (and especially those of you curious about the behavior of Sorority girls) is this quote here:

The woman with the most sexual partners in the study, a rich girl named Rory, also had the most sterling reputation—largely because she was an expert at concealing her sexual history.

“Rory was going to lie till the day she died,” Armstrong said. “She would only have sex with guys who didn't know each other. She constantly misrepresented what she was doing and didn't tell people where she was going.”

This girl did what we recommend putting yourself in a position to do: be the secret lover than she can get away with. If you're protecting her reputation, then she's MUCH more likely to sleep with you. This is also evident when these girls sleep with guys who are NOT in Greek life -- that way, they don't have to worry about guys in their giant social circles spreading the word and finding out.

Here's the article: There's No Such Thing as a Slut

Enjoy. =)

- Franco

Gentle_Phrases

Space Monkey
space monkey
This was a chin scratcher, Franco! I found it hilarious how the two female researchers put Rory on full blast like that. It's almost comical to imagine her screening guys before sex, "hey so you don't know Mike D. or anything right?" =)

The rampant slut-shaming, Armstrong found, was only a symptom of the women’s entrenched classism...The high-status women would literally snub or look through the poorer women,” Armstrong said. “They would blow them off entirely.

Wow.

You know what? I wonder how much those researchers found out that they aren't sharing. There's no doubt that plenty of studies get sanitized before publishing.

>