STD scare. Is dating without sex practical?

Sub-Zero

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Has it happened to you? I guess not.

The only time this has happened to me, has been with chlamydia, which as I already told you oftentimes gives no symptoms, so no way she could have known.

When it comes to herpes, I still know few pua's who caught it. Because we look before we fuck. Again, as said earlier, women do not want to have sex if their pussy looks bad or shady looking. Do you even know how much women care about how her pussy smell and looks? It is quite a lot, and this worry of hers related to how men perceive her pussy makes up one of the top 3 causes of potential LMR.

Your scenario is unlikely. Do you think a woman intentionally wants to give herpes to men and be EVEN MORE judged for being skanky than she perhaps already would? Women get the slut label from having sex with men. Do you honestly think she has ANY interest in being shamed even more than she already risk being? Your whole mental construction is just incoherent with reality and makes no sense.

What the heck dude. This is just weird.

Any STD's aside from hepatitis and HIV goes away after 1-2 weeks after being treated/cured. Good news is that those STD's that does not go away ARE hard to catch, really hard to catch. Unlikely you will ever even have sex with a HIV-positiv girl in your entire life, and if by any weird chance you do, your chance of contracting it is, as I mentioned it below 1% (actually below 0,5%) unless you fuck her ass,where the risk is estimated between 1%-2% (but could be more if she is not under threatment and just caught it - i.e. having an acute HIV infection). See your odds here?

Herpes is different - easy to catch and the virus stays with you - but you do not get breakouts that lasts more than 2 weeks usually (first breakout lasts longer, than they last shorter and shorter, usually around a week - maybe less with medication). When the outbreak is gone, wait 1-3 days and then you are all good again.

All others STD's are cured after 1-2 weeks (chlamydia, gonorhea etc). Those are very contagious and easy to catch . most common STD's.

Yes you won't be banging for a week or two, cry me a river.

Basically, your worst case scenartio is you won't be fucking for 2-3 weeks (maybe 4). Is that really a big deal? Based on your posts, you don't seem to fuck that much in the first place. No offence, you do not strike me as sexually experienced. I do not blame you for that, but I do however blame you for not taking the time to read up on STDs which I believe you must do now! Or talk to a doc as your local STD clinic (they are there to not only and cure, but also inform you).

Not sure that is true lol.

No, you will most likely just be out of comission for a week or more (usually max 3 weeks). It is not like getting an STD ruins your sex life. It does not. I am here talking about the trivial and common STD's like chlamydia. But even with the hardcore STD's like hepatitis C which can now even be cured! (I won't mention hepatitis B, since you can take a vaccine and not think about it no more - talk to your doc about it - the vaccine is called twinrix) and HIV which you cannot cure, can be so well maintained that you can actually after taking meds for 1-2 months not be contagious no more and actually live a normal sex life. I am not trying to trivialize HIV since it is no joke (but again, as mentioned over and over, your unlikely to catch it as a straight guy, not going for risk groups etc) but I want to mention that even HIV positive can have a decent and close to normal sex life. So maybe stop bitching about herpes and chlamydia (which I will be honest, you are most prone to catch), because they are easily dealt with.

If you get an STD, get cured, and you won't have to tell nobody about it. No problem.

Only HIV does not go away.

Same with herpes , but it is not dangerous (unlike HIV) and you can somewhat protect yourself against it by taking a look. If you catch it, you maybe only get one outbreak and never get it again (very common), or you are unlucky, and you get a few outbreaks a year which puts you out of commission for approx a week if you take your meds (and up to 2 weeks without) and then you are fine again.

Chlamydia goes away after 2 pills. 1 week later you are fine.

Are you also affraid of kissing girls? You know that you can catch a serious strepthroat and be on harder antibiotics than if you catch chlamydia. You may also catch the flu, that could be deadly to some. Hell you may catch the latter by being around your bros or take public transport.

I would prefer chlamydia over the flu ANY DAY. And chlamydia is most common STD.

But only 2 STD's does not go away. One can be contained (HIV) and one is only a pain in the ass and really contagious during outbreaks. All the rest goes away, it is like caching a cold, or a strepthroat. Calm the fuck down lol.

Getting an STD ruins your week, not your life.

Are you even reading what I write? Again, when you do not have the STD no more, you do not need to tell anyone about anything (unless you get HIV, which you are VERY unlikely to catch - you are more at risk of getting cancer - that is if you are straight and do not fuck men, or women who are at risk of having hiv - you can read more about this on aidsmap.com)

AGAIN, this is very unlikely. She won't want to have sex with you if she has a herpes outbreak. She may give you chlamydia, but that's no biggie. It is like her passing over a cold.

Use condoms with strangers and you are unlikely to catch anything. If your girlfriend cheats once or twice, it is unlikely she catches something. If she does, it will most likely just be something trivial like chlamydia. Who cares really.

No, your issue is (it may sound rude but I give you the honest truth) that:
- You have no to little sexual experience
- Have not really spoken to a medical professional about this
- Have not done your homework of reading up on FACTS about STD's. You may start here.

This is a pick up forum, and it is weird of me to give you the most basic high school sexual education to be honest. It is like a professor of literature at the uni teaching you about grammar.

Best,
Teevster
Why are you getting so angry? Just a discussion.

Lol that’s fine you can try to make fun of me all you want. I’ll tell you this, I have been having sex consistently for more than a decade with very few dry spells, I’m currently going though a rough one right now because I left a girl who was annoying to me, who is still trying to give it up to me, I have girls who come in from out of town trying to sleep with me that I had before.

That’s not gonna get me better though, I need it from multiple women. That’s why I’m here, if that makes you feel better.

Now I’m not some super player and never claimed to be, I have mostly fucked girls like we were in a relationship.

Ever since joining this forum, I have always had one woman that I was seeing and sleeping with for months or years straight.

Might not be impressive to you, cool, I never said I was laying every girl left and right, and that’s why I’m on here, I have admitted it many times that I can not pull consistently and only have had sex with girls who wanted me.

And again, why would you think I would be so paranoid about it? I won’t tell you if I had an std or not, but there’s a reason why I’m paranoid, I didn’t make this thread, I was stating why someone would be paranoid.

As for stds that I’m talking about not going away, I’m talking about herp and the other skin std.

I heard mixed things about both for how you should handle them.

Lover

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Lol that’s fine you can try to make fun of me all you want

It's not about making fun of you. But maybe you don't realize the message you're telling us.

You (or whatever people you are talking about) are assuming the worst in people. That people will fuck you over and make you catch their STD on purpose. Or that the average woman won't have sex with you if she finds out you have one. This might happen in television and movies, but rarely in the real world.

Dude, nobody likes having an STD, especially after the HIV scare. People still get ashamed of that stuff. But they should not be deal breakers if you have educated yourself in the sphere of STD's. As Teevster has pointed out many times now, you don't die from the STD's if you are cured or getting treatment for the incurable ones. Outbursts of herpes are not fun, but you can live a perfectly fine life with it. You're still the same person, nothing's changed really.

Then, you have people tell you you have to tell your partners about certain stds, well, as a guy you definitely won’t be getting laid unless you’re a celebrity or something compared to a woman having it.

One former FWB of mine once told me she had symptoms of Chlamydia. She must have gotten it from a past partner. She asked me to get a test. I told my other FWB about it, and she said she would get tested as well. None of us had any STD's. It turned out she had a bladder infection instead. I continued sleeping with both of them after that. We were all chill about it, it wasn't a big deal. And I'm no celebrity by any means.

Paranoia is not warranted in a society where you can easily access the kind of information you need to make healthy choices.

Mike Silvertree

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
@Teevster: Nice info. Out of my own curiosity, could you ask her for her estimation on false positive for HIV 4th gen test (antibody and antigen) and the odds for false positive on HIV RNA/virus load test?

She gets irritated with me for asking questions I could Google. I used DuckDuckGo and came across the two quality pages I will post below. I didn't see any reference to 4th Gen HIV tests, but found two articles about herpres antibody testing, which seems like the best one for not producing false positives, with the caveat being that you may not have a detectable level of the antibody until several weeks to several months have passed and one of the antibodies tested for comes and goes. From the articles below, testing for the IgG antibody is far superior to testing for the IgM. The test recommend is Nucleic Acid Amplification Testing (NAAT).

The high false positive data she gave me was from a conversation we had about testing at a time when she was an undergrad researcher at a big league university research and teaching hospital. She was researching wound healing and how to speed it up, but her friends were all from that hospital, and medical science is what they all talk about when they are not working, because student researchers don't have real lives. It is probably 5 years old and I am sure refers to the old school tests, which are no longer given unless you already have an outbreak.

This is the better article. Watch the 6 minute video embedded in the page.

This page seems to get a lot of its info from the above page, but contains other useful information.

I found these on HIV testing. The first is from the US Center for Disease Control (CDC) and they tend to give out less detailed info and try to herd you into a doctor's office. The next two are more meaty , but are from businesses that do the testing.

Sub-Zero

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
It's not about making fun of you. But maybe you don't realize the message you're telling us.

You (or whatever people you are talking about) are assuming the worst in people. That people will fuck you over and make you catch their STD on purpose. Or that the average woman won't have sex with you if she finds out you have one. This might happen in television and movies, but rarely in the real world.

Dude, nobody likes having an STD, especially after the HIV scare. People still get ashamed of that stuff. But they should not be deal breakers if you have educated yourself in the sphere of STD's. As Teevster has pointed out many times now, you don't die from the STD's if you are cured or getting treatment for the incurable ones. Outbursts of herpes are not fun, but you can live a perfectly fine life with it. You're still the same person, nothing's changed really.

One former FWB of mine once told me she had symptoms of Chlamydia. She must have gotten it from a past partner. She asked me to get a test. I told my other FWB about it, and she said she would get tested as well. None of us had any STD's. It turned out she had a bladder infection instead. I continued sleeping with both of them after that. We were all chill about it, it wasn't a big deal. And I'm no celebrity by any means.

Paranoia is not warranted in a society where you can easily access the kind of information you need to make healthy choices.
I’m going to make this as concise as possible and will try to do this with my other posts as well because I tend to ramble a lot without getting my point across.

1. The experience thing he said doesn’t matter to me, when it comes to day game cold approach, sleeping with multiple different girls faster, and getting girls on dates, I have little to no experience. I used to go out all the time and approach at clubs, but it wasn’t working, have tried apps to same thing. This is where I struggle at, so with me actually doing the work and not getting the results, yes, I have little to no experience, but I did the work to get that experience.

2. I have been kissing girls and messing with them before I was a teen. I have always had a reliable woman to have sex with since I first got some. Now I have a dry spell because I had to cut a woman off because she wanted to marry me. She still wants to sleep with me today. I also have had girls to come in town and they hit me up first thing to have sex with me, even if it’s been years.

Is this impressive to you super seducers? Probably not, who knows? I don’t care about it, so I don’t mention it. I want multiple women and to succeed doing that, so that’s why I’m here.

But when it comes to me having reliable sex and keeping women around sexually, even if I don’t talk to them in years, I’m no rookie with that, I have always been in some pussy. Not saying I had a harem, but I was never in a dry spell too long.

So sexually pleasing women and having consistent sex, I’m have way more experience with that.

3. I read all about stds, I know about them, I was making a post to state why I can understand paranoia about it.

4. I asked on here for his opinion on what if you get herpes and hpv? Is your seducer career messed up or do you just wait until you’re healed to start again?

This I didn’t clarify though; what I meant to ask him was, if you get these life-time or stds that last a while, what do you do with other women? I heard herpes is for life and I heard many different things about hpv, some day it goes away in 6 months-2 years fully, I’ve heard from others it never goes away.

So I was asking him how do you move on with that? He said lawfully some places you have to tell them about long lasting stds.

I don’t care what anyone says, I know from where I am from you tell people you have an std and you will be talked about in an instant.

These people do not care and will put your information out there.

This is a paranoia, but I have seen this many times. You tell a girl you have an std, you might as well tell everyone.

So I asked his opinion on that without being clear.

Would you tell every girl you tried to sleep with you have something or not?

Just his personal opinion, not the morally right answer.

5. What I’m saying about women giving men stds on purpose and not telling them. I’ll say again, I’m not saying if I had one or not, I could be talking about a friend, but what would make a person bitter? Some women might not know they have stds sure, but if she’s telling you she’s not being a hoe, but she gives you something, is it not on purpose? She got it from sleeping around, otherwise you would have gotten it sooner.

6. Other girls might not know they have something, but I doubt it. For some reason they can hide it and looking all in their pussy doesn’t show anything at all, but in the end the person will have something, and the girls goes off without a care in the world.

There’s bitterness there and paranoia sure, everyone handles things differently, some might believe it was an accident, some might believe it was on purpose, people are different.

Teevster

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Sub-zero,

I have not made fun of you in any of my posts. This is sonething you are making ip. Honestly you seem to be a person suffering from a form of psychosis (i.e your paranoia not based on facts, believing women secretly wanting to give yoh std's, claiming I am making fun of you etc...).

I did not make fun of you. I only said that based on you clear lack of knowledge around STDs I assumed you were one of those beginner guys. But apparently you are more experienced (based on your own account)... which... took me by surprise since experienced guys would never ask such questions you just asked about STDs. But I accept that sometimes thing may not be coherent.

I think it is a bit strange and even immoral of you to bang multiple girls and not even take your time to really understand STDs.

I was also irritated to having to teach guys about STDs - something they should have learnt about in school and/or should have read themself up in their adult life.

You asked questions about herpes and hpv. If you took the time to read my responses to this thread you will see that they have been covered already.

Sub-Zero

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Sub-zero,

I have not made fun of you in any of my posts. This is sonething you are making ip. Honestly you seem to be a person suffering from a form of psychosis (i.e your paranoia not based on facts, believing women secretly wanting to give yoh std's, claiming I am making fun of you etc...).

I did not make fun of you. I only said that based on you clear lack of knowledge around STDs I assumed you were one of those beginner guys. But apparently you are more experienced (based on your own account)... which... took me by surprise since experienced guys would never ask such questions you just asked about STDs. But I accept that sometimes thing may not be coherent.

I think it is a bit strange and even immoral of you to bang multiple girls and not even take your time to really understand STDs.

I was also irritated to having to teach guys about STDs - something they should have learnt about in school and/or should have read themself up in their adult life.

You asked questions about herpes and hpv. If you took the time to read my responses to this thread you will see that they have been covered already.

It’s all good.

I did read what you wrote about stds, I have read articles on here about them too. I didn’t make myself clear when I was asking your opinion. I’m going to be clear and concise from now on.

As for my paranoia, I am paranoid, I admit it.

I was saying I understand OPs paranoia, but mines is different.

People have asked me why I’m so paranoid, just bad people in the world man; will do you bad if you let your guard down.

For example I had this girl absolutely tell me she was for me, to not be paranoid, she won’t do this and that etc. She did me very very dirty.

In fact, me trusting her and not being paranoid and on-guard was when she did the bullshit.

Another example, a girl that I broke up with actually tried to mess with my mind and actually told me to get an std test, implying she gave me one on purpose.

It wasn’t true, but that wouldn’t make you feel different about people in general?

When you say I think I’m experienced based on my own account, I’m just saying what’s true. Might not seem like a lot experience or whatever, but I’m not claiming to be a casanova or anything, or think that I am.

I know about stds and I went on a tangent because some of the women in my life that I slept with aren’t good people.

I am bitter and jaded, some call it red-pill.

Women have been doing dirty things since forever.

Women love telling me that they cheat on their SOs and proud of it, always.

I try not to bash women because it’s a waste of time and you guys don’t like that over here.

I really don’t care about it either tbh, I just want to fuck them.

But the std thing triggered me to go on a rant about not trusting women.

I admit all of this and own it.

Ralph111

Space Monkey
space monkey
Meh.

Where does this paranoia come from?

Let us put this straight - consider your GF cheats on you:
- Then if she catches chlamydia/mycoplasma, you will most likely catch it too. Ok no big deal. I would have chlam over a cold ANY DAY. It rarely gives symptoms, and it is cured with 2 pills. However it can potentially (actually very rarely) be harmful if left uncured.
- Or gonorrhea - I agree that it is a bit more hardcore than chlam, but I would actually compare it to a bacterial throat infection. Also mind you that gonorrhea is more likely to give women symptom than say chlamydia, which means you are more likely to dodge it. It is also gladly less common than chlamydia (PS: depends where you are in the world. PSS: beware of antibiotic-resistant strains of gonorrhea, which exists in some parts of the world)
- Say she catches herpes - well unless she has an outbreak she is almost not contagious. Consider that 90% of the population has the virus... which means that ANY GIRL - cheating or not can give you herpes if she out of the blue has an outbreak. This however is more complicated - because just because 90+% of the population has the virus, does not mean you should be reckless, since contact with herpes blisters can increase your odds of getting an outbreak. It is like if the blister you are in contact with "marks you". The point i am saying is that just because she get an outbreak out of the blue, does not mean she is necessarily cheating on you. Mind you condoms does not protect 100% against herpes (but does protect a bit - and against many other things). Use your eyes and stay away if you see blisters (get familiar with how it looks).

- Then we have HPV warts and HPV. Warts can be frozen off easily. Condoms does not protect against HPV. Most people contact a strain of HPV sooner or later and the body mostly gets rid of it. Mind you there are 4 types that can give warts and 2 types that can potentially increase the risk of cancer (I did not say that it gave you cancer!). Good news is, you can take a vaccine against all these 4 strains! Problem solved.

- Hepatitis A and B. So the A, you can contract through food (and is curable and no big deal), and B is quite dangerous and transmissible through sexual fluids and blood. How common hep B is depends on where you are. However, this should not be an issue, since we have good vaccines against it (called twinrix - which also protects against the hep A) - if you take 3 shots, you are immune for life. TAKE THE VACCINE.

- Syphilis is no joke, but usually gives serious symptoms such as a big round blister/sore or a rash. If you see that, stay away. Syphilis is more common in the lgbtq+ environment though and in many western countries is not as common. It is also curable, but will have very detrimental effect if left uncured. Solution? Get tested. It is tested through a blood test after 4 weeks of potential exposure (I think). The cure is antibiotics.
- Hepatitis C is transmittable through blood and rarely sexually transmitted. Mostly only through anal sex. It is so rare that my local STD clinic does not test people for it unless they take drugs.

- HIV - heterosexuals are not considered a risk-group. Only HIV-1c transmits easily through vaginal fluid, and this strain is less common in western europe and the US. It is not very contagious through vaginal sex and mostly transmits through anal. That said, the risk of transmission is LOW. Although if you have any other infections such as chlam or anything else that irritates your genitals, you increase the risk. Usage of lubes decreases the risk of transmission. Mind you that some people may be straight and in the risk group, such as people for certain countries. Read more info on HIV on aidsmap.com. That all said, if you are straight man, who bangs women in the pussy, do not have other STD's, and do not go for women who comes from riskgroups (i.e. western africans, girls from certain parts of Russia etc), your risks are almost 0. Even if you bang a girl from a risk group, your odds are very low. The transmission rate of HIV through vaginal sex is FAR below 1%. A country has high prelevance of HIV when more than 1% of its population has HIV. This does NOT mean that 1% of women HIV from those country, since heterosexual women are underrepresented in those statistics (men who has sex with men, are usually the risk groups, as well as syringe users).

Kids, did you not pay attention to your sexual education in school? It feels weird teaching you guys about these things.

There are lot of great information provided by your local authorities on the subject. Hell any one of you here who are so paranoid about STD should make an appointment at your STD clinic, and get some info.

Here is the checklist to stay safe:
- Get tested often - since the very common and trivial STD's such as chlamydia increase your exposure to more serious stuff, etc.
- Use condoms with strangers, and get tested if you don't. Always use condoms when dealing with a potential risk-group - and no I do not consider the girl who you think is a skank as a risk-group, since she may be cleaner than that local good girl. Risk groups are those who either have Hepatitis, syphilis or HIV. There is a lots of info on this online! again aidsmap is a good place to start for HIV.
- Do a visual inspection of the person before penetrating. Use the pretext of going down on them to take a brief look.

I have fucked around since 2007. I mostly use condoms, but I have stopped using them in relationships. I have had condoms breaking and had quite a few rounds of condomless sex (which of course is not recommended, but they you get carried away by the moment). I have herpes on my lip that I got from KISSING. I have caught mychoplasma once, and chlamydia twice. I wouldn't call this a risky sport.

You guys are probably doing more dangerous things in your daily life, such as eating unhealthy food, smoking etc.

But if you really fear STD's for whatever reasons, maybe this place here (skilledseducer) is not a place for you.

Best,
Teevster
Yes, most stds are no big deal, but I’ve read A LOT about herpes. Only about 20% of “dating age” population in the states have GENITAL herpes, and it can be transmitted even without sores via viral shedding. 80% of those who have the virus are unaware of it, but shedding and outbreaks (if you’re one of the unlucky people who get them) happen on a regular basis (about every 2-3 months. Unless you got the hsv1 strain on your genitals, which only shows up 2 or 3 times in your life).
I have friends who have been in LTRs with hsv2 positive girls for years and never caught it, and I know one girl that got it while losing her virginity.
anyway, I’m not saying my paranoia is justified. For all I know, abstaining from casual sex might be a terrible decision. Maybe it’s worth the risk. but I have done my research and I know the risk. What I’m worried about is not the science behind the diseases, but how to keep dating if you catch one of the bad ones, and if it’s possible to get good with girls if you abstain from sex

Ralph111

Space Monkey
space monkey
And seriously, stop discussing or asking about STDs on INTERNET FORUMS.

While many of the senior guys here know a fair amount about STDs (both I, Teevster and Chase are probably at the level of a non-specialized medical doctor on this topic), the fair share of forum users DO NOT know this topic very well and may give you naïve or paranoid advice. Only listen to medical personnel or official health information materials like handouts or sites like this one https://www.cdc.gov/std/default.htm
Again, I wasn’t asking for a sex ed class. I was asking puas if it’s possible to get good with girls without sleeping with them, and how to keep dating if you get a lifelong std

Carousel

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Again, I wasn’t asking for a sex ed class.

Well even the health professionals will tell you that herpes is not the end of your dating life, and I have never read any official information even remotely implying this, so you are clearly in need of some education on the topic even from official sources.

I was asking puas if it’s possible to get good with girls without sleeping with them

No, it is not.

Teevster

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Yes, most stds are no big deal, but I’ve read A LOT about herpes. Only about 20% of “dating age” population in the states have GENITAL herpes, and it can be transmitted even without sores via viral shedding.

It CAN transmit without sores... but it is VERY VERY VERY rare. The chances are "theoretical".

80% of those who have the virus are unaware of it, but shedding and outbreaks (if you’re one of the unlucky people who get them)

So much bullshit here.

More than 80% of the people have the virus, which means that more than 80% already have antibodies for the virus. Add to the equation those who had Herpes Zoster as kids, and mononucleosis (another herpes virus), you suddenly have a lot of people with HSV-antibodies. This means that many already have some protection against getting "recontaminated".

Add to this, the fact that if there is no sore, no blister, nothing, the chances of transmission are close to 0.

So you are talking about rare case scenarios, and you worry about this.

AGAIN you must learn about STD's. Especially when you are that paranoid, you must read up and talk to health professionals about it. You claim you have read a lot about it, but you clearly have NOT.

I have HSV, had it for years, had a long-term thing with a girl for almost three years and multiple fuckbuddy relationship with girls. None of these girls have been contaminated with HSV - at least not during the time with me. I had rather frequent outbreaks in the beginning, up until 2016.

outbreaks happen on a regular basis (about every 2-3 months. Unless you got the hsv1 strain on your genitals, which only shows up 2 or 3 times in your life)

How often you get outbreaks depends on your immune system, and how much antibodies your body is able to generate. The more often you have a break out, the more your body gets kind of prepared for the next outbreak. This means that people tend to have more frequent outbreaks in the beginning, and with time, they get them less and less often. I get an outbreak once a year, compared so say 2015 where it happened like every 2-3 months.

There is no real difference between HSV1 and 2 regarding the severity and the frequency of the outbreaks. This is just bullshit. There some difference but it is MINOR. So much so that doctor cannot tell them apart, and do not care to investigate into it, since for them it is "same shit" anyway.

Also, with Valacyclovyr you can dodge outbreaks.

I have friends who have been in LTRs with hsv2 positive girls for years and never caught it

THERE YOU GO.

and I know one girl that got it while losing her virginity.

Virgin = inexperienced = not knowing what an outbreak looks like, probably fucked a guy who had an outbreak.

anyway, I’m not saying my paranoia is justified.[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

It is not, it is quite retarded to be honest.

For all I know, abstaining from casual sex might be a terrible decision. Maybe it’s worth the risk. but I have done my research and I know the risk. What I’m worried about is not the science behind the diseases, but how to keep dating if you catch one of the bad ones, and if it’s possible to get good with girls if you abstain from sex

Do you cross the street every day? Do you drive a car? Do you drink Coke? Do you eat burgers?

All of these are more risky than having protected sex.

Just saying.

Teevster

Ralph111

Space Monkey
space monkey
Well even the health professionals will tell you that herpes is not the end of your dating life, and I have never read any official information even remotely implying this, so you are clearly in need of some education on the topic even from official sources.

No, it is not.
Thank you

Ralph111

Space Monkey
space monkey
It CAN transmit without sores... but it is VERY VERY VERY rare. The chances are "theoretical".

So much bullshit here.

More than 80% of the people have the virus, which means that more than 80% already have antibodies for the virus. Add to the equation those who had Herpes Zoster as kids, and mononucleosis (another herpes virus), you suddenly have a lot of people with HSV-antibodies. This means that many already have some protection against getting "recontaminated".

Add to this, the fact that if there is no sore, no blister, nothing, the chances of transmission are close to 0.

So you are talking about rare case scenarios, and you worry about this.

AGAIN you must learn about STD's. Especially when you are that paranoid, you must read up and talk to health professionals about it. You claim you have read a lot about it, but you clearly have NOT.

I have HSV, had it for years, had a long-term thing with a girl for almost three years and multiple fuckbuddy relationship with girls. None of these girls have been contaminated with HSV - at least not during the time with me. I had rather frequent outbreaks in the beginning, up until 2016.

How often you get outbreaks depends on your immune system, and how much antibodies your body is able to generate. The more often you have a break out, the more your body gets kind of prepared for the next outbreak. This means that people tend to have more frequent outbreaks in the beginning, and with time, they get them less and less often. I get an outbreak once a year, compared so say 2015 where it happened like every 2-3 months.

There is no real difference between HSV1 and 2 regarding the severity and the frequency of the outbreaks. This is just bullshit. There some difference but it is MINOR. So much so that doctor cannot tell them apart, and do not care to investigate into it, since for them it is "same shit" anyway.

Also, with Valacyclovyr you can dodge outbreaks.

THERE YOU GO.

Virgin = inexperienced = not knowing what an outbreak looks like, probably fucked a guy who had an outbreak.

anyway, I’m not saying my paranoia is justified.
[/QUOTE]

It is not, it is quite retarded to be honest.

Do you cross the street every day? Do you drive a car? Do you drink Coke? Do you eat burgers?

All of these are more risky than having protected sex.

Just saying.

Teevster
[/QUOTE]
Dude, I appreciate you trying to help, but stop with your “you need to learn about STDs” condescending bs. If you payed attention to what I was writing, there would be less confusion in our communication. Only 20% of dating age people have HERPES 2 specifically. Having hsv1 or herpes zoster does not protect against hsv2 infection. When I said it can be passed via silent viral shedding, I meant that that’s one of the common mechanisms of transmission, not some unlikely theoretical way it can be passed. And finally, I don’t take dating advice from doctors. Wish you would have went a little more in-depth on why you can’t get good with girls without sex instead

Teevster

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Having hsv1 or herpes zoster does not protect against hsv2 infection.

True, but the antibodies for Zoster, and HSV-1 minimize the risk of contracting HSV-2 - and vice versa.
When I said it can be passed via silent viral shedding, I meant that that’s one of the common mechanisms of transmission, not some unlikely theoretical way it can be passed.

Where do you have this from? It is NOT the most common mechanism of transmission. The most common mechanism is when one is exposed to a blister or a sore, not a silent viral shedding. Again the risks of transmission when the virus is silent is VERY low.

And finally, I don’t take dating advice from doctors.

No, but you surely should take their advice regarding STD's and safe sex.
Edit: go to a specialized clinic for advice on STD - they have much better knowledge than your regular MD.

Wish you would have went a little more in-depth on why you can’t get good with girls without sex instead

I think this deserves it own thread - a thread I would most likely not want to participate in.

Teevster

>