Sticking Point: Great Opener but Bad Conversation?

TomGray

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
So I've been running into a problem where girls respond really well to my opener but become cold on the conversation. Like, the very next sentence that I say. I know that part of it is how I'm coming across but is there something else to it?

Cheers!

PrettyDecent

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hey TomGray,

The question is a bit ambiguous, but I'll give it a shot. Here are a few posts that'll help if you re-read 'em:

The Approach - Effective Conversation
Singular Flow in Conversation

Here are some personal thoughts:

How 'in the moment' are you when you are conversing? Are you actually just thinking of the conversation and about what she's telling you when y'all are talking? Women are ALL about things 'feeling natural'. If you're thinking about what you're going to say next (while she's talking), or waiting for your moment to speak, it's affecting your conversations, and she feels it. So, have a process where you are moving things forward consistently, but in-between transition points, be immersed in nothing but her and the conversation. Just have fun with it, and throw in some teasing and some sexual frames every once in a while.

I have some other thoughts, but let me know if this helped.

Jake

Marty

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
TomGray,

Don't know if this is the case with you, but very early on I had an issue that I kinda psyched myself up to do the opener, then when it was (reasonably) well received I stood around not knowing what to say next. Having a process is important, also the more spontaneous it becomes and the less mental effort you put into preparation, the better you come across... that will come with time and experience.

This article helped me with that particular error: How to Approach a Girl Wherever You Are (Easily)

Look for the text "drop the bat and run for first base", and draw your own conclusions! :)

-Marty

>