Stop wearing headphones

RodeoRyan

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
These days, I see way too many guys walking around with their hands in their pockets, hoodies drawn up, headphones in, and looking down as they saunter aimlessly down the street. This gives guys literally every excuse not to even smile or say, "Hi" to the passing cute girl. The guy thinks to himself, "It would be too awkward if I smiled or said anything, so I'll just put my head down and pretend like I'm really into my music right now. Besides, it'd be even weirder if I had to take my earphones out just to say hi."

BUT, if you don't have any headphones in your ears, and your chin is up, you have no excuse to not at least smile warmly to any girl who's passing by.

So I say ditch the headphones, hold your head high, and start making eye contact with girls as they walk by. Then once you get comfortable doing that, start sending them a warm smile as you pass by. Finally, at the most basic level, you will eventually start muttering, "Hi" in a very warm, pleasant tone.

It's simple things like this that I feel like can really help build your confidence and bridging the gap between you and your fears of approaching new women.

~ Cheers

Novacane

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
As a person who has their headphones in almost religiously all I can say is I tend to use music for almost everything helping time pass by on long bus rides etc I've still been able to open with headphones in and make eye contact even while walking past people (I got so used to keeping my chin parallel to the floor that it's almost second nature. Now a days I keep my music on the lowest volume as to not completely get drowned in the music when I am out and about, but that's just me. ~Novacane

Gamecrasher

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
RodeoRyan said:
These days, I see way too many guys walking around with their hands in their pockets, hoodies drawn up, headphones in, and looking down as they saunter aimlessly down the street. This gives guys literally every excuse not to even smile or say, "Hi" to the passing cute girl. The guy thinks to himself, "It would be too awkward if I smiled or said anything, so I'll just put my head down and pretend like I'm really into my music right now. Besides, it'd be even weirder if I had to take my earphones out just to say hi."

BUT, if you don't have any headphones in your ears, and your chin is up, you have no excuse to not at least smile warmly to any girl who's passing by.

So I say ditch the headphones, hold your head high, and start making eye contact with girls as they walk by. Then once you get comfortable doing that, start sending them a warm smile as you pass by. Finally, at the most basic level, you will eventually start muttering, "Hi" in a very warm, pleasant tone.

It's simple things like this that I feel like can really help build your confidence and bridging the gap between you and your fears of approaching new women.

~ Cheers

I agree with this completely. I feel that people with their headphones in aren't being aware to others walking by, or they just don't want to interact with others on the sidewalk. You can't be looking for girls this way

Knight

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
It depends on the situation and the energy you're expending of course.
I, as a straight man have often been drawn to a man with a good walk, nicely dressed listening to his music while walking straight and with his head parallel to the ground. I would come to the conclusion, at least in my area this often happens when the man is wearing good over the ear headphones which he often slides down to his neck as soon as a social interaction happens. Often people will have their white buds in with extremely loud music - this is not what you should ever do. Oh, and when you do listen to your music turn it down - your interactions and ears will thank you. ;)

Edit: I agree with the above statements and personally do not like to listen to music in public - I'm just saying when you get to a good level, this is the way to do it.

- Knight

>