Long-Term  Sussing Out The Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

lebron12

Rookie
Rookie
Hey gents,

Been thinking about exactly how useful questions actually are in finding an answer. Like the articles here say, few women would want to give an answer that they know is a test or disadvantageous to them. So is it worth asking questions at all? How do you trust your own judgment?

I'll illustrate with an example. LTR with this girl for almost a year. She checks a lot of good boxes (loves housework, dancer, mostly mild and compliant, engaging conversationalist, great in bed, thoughtful) but also has some less ideal traits (occasional clubbing/frequent enough drinker, engages in casual sex, somewhat immature). Overall, she's been passing my tests and I'm happier with her than I've been with anyone else so far.

When we were first hooking up, I managed to get a lot of information out of her by appearing chill and laid back. Many times, she would tell me sex stories without me even asking. We were in bed one night and she told me forcefully that she would NEVER do a threesome and she doesn't understand the obsession with it. I basically shrugged my shoulders and filed it away as suspicious, considering her tone and the fact that I never even brought anything like that up.

Still later, we had a more detailed convo about our pasts and I asked her about threesomes. She paused a bit and said that she's never done one, but was in a position to do it once and declined, and that she was glad that she did. Still later, she brought it up again in passing and said something along the lines of, she was considering it and might have done it under other circumstances but ultimately didn't. I mentioned that it seemed contradictory, and she said that her framing of it the first time was a bit disingenuous and basically conveyed that she was considering it pretty heavily, but ultimately decided against it.

Even later, I asked her why she was so forceful and emotional the first time she brought it up in bed, and that it made it hard to believe her. She told me that around that time, her good friend had a few threesomes and went into a spiral because she hated the experiences, and that my girl was helping her friend manage the emotional fallout at the time.

I guess that makes sense, but I'm not sure. Is there any way I could know for sure? Should I bother pressing the topic?

topcat

Modern Human
Modern Human
Bro, i get the temptation to call your girl out on her inconsistencies about her sexual past or even to pursue a line of questioning that aims to pin her down and get some form of truth out of her. But that’s not the way to do it. What she will end up doing is doctoring the truth as she realizes the truth may actually cost here the relationship or sully your idea of her.

What you must do is move stealthy. Do not ever let on that she’s a hypocrite at least until you fully have intelligence on what she actually is like and even then it’s probably best not to let on. You either just leave her or choose to stay based on what you know.

What yon must do is continue to appear unmoved by what she says regardless. File away what she says in your mind but never let on that you are keeping track. Girls ALWAYS tell on themselves eventually, when they feel they can speak without being judged.

In your case, you likely will never know the truth of her threesome history as you made it clear that it’s a contentious point for you. Her story about the friend likely isn’t the whole truth and reminds me of my teen years when my mum found my weed and i told her it wasn’t mine, that i “was holding it for a friend” in attempts to maintain my innocence.

Skjöldr

Modern Human
Modern Human
What @topcat said
You want to reward her everytime she speaks the truth to you. People absolutely love spilling the beans to people they feel it is safe to do so.

Remember why you lied to your parents as a kid. It was painful to lie and the path of least resistance is to just say the truth. That is, until we learn as children that we sometimes get punished for saying the truth. Our parents might get angry, raise their voices, give us house arrest, tell us we can't play video games for a week etc. Not that we didn't necessarily deserve to get punished, it just means that we learn to lie to avoid punishment.

Girls also know, through feedback, which topics from their past (usually sexually) they should hide from their romantic partners or atleast play down. Be unlike most guys and give her a safespace to open up about her sensitive topics. Then you will get the truth. And she will have her cake and eat it too (get it off her shoulders+rewarded for doing so).

lebron12

Rookie
Rookie
That makes sense, on both your parts. I figured my initial reaction here wouldn’t set me up for the truth. It’s unfortunate, and I follow your logic about maybe not ever really knowing the truth.

She did mention that she was going to go through with it but didn’t because of social drama between the people and she didn’t want to be viewed as a slut. I don’t have a 100% read on her but she did seem sincere particularly in that last conversation.

I’ve been easing up on the topic and adopting a more carefree attitude after the initial conversations, do you think it’s too late? I’m really trying to internalize that mindset to make her comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
>