Text game feels exhausting

VinM

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hey, VinM here, with another rookie question:

My journey towards success with women has been a bumpy road so far: few obstacles, some victories, many missed opportunities, but overall, I can see progress. There is only one problem that I have. The text game. I know that it should lead to the date, and it sure does sometimes, but everytime I try to text with a girl, it feels exhausting. First things first, I'm introverted, been diagnosed as schizotypal, but even though I'm not autistic, I sometimes can't really feel emphatic towards others. Don't get me wrong, I had many women on dating apps like me, but let me explain:

Anytime I try to text with a girl, I want to get out of it as soon as possible, and if I can't, I just want to either end it there where I began, or keep it stale, without progress. Either she responds to my message, and I can't think of anything else witty to send, or I just wait 12 hours until I respond because I don't want to face it. It just exhausts me to think of anything. What should I do?

Gladiator

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Anytime I try to text with a girl, I want to get out of it as soon as possible, and if I can't, I just want to either end it there where I began, or keep it stale, without progress.
There is something called texting anxiety. It's a form of anxiety. Read about it - knowledge is power.
Either she responds to my message, and I can't think of anything else witty to send, or I just wait 12 hours until I respond because I don't want to face it.
Have a structure in mind. Canned text material if you will. Once you get a hang of it, it's not really hard and in fact turns out to be fun as long as you're in control of your emotions. Texting is a skill and needs mastery like anything else. So, you need to practice a lot.

It just exhausts me to think of anything. What should I do?
Like I mentioned above, you need to have a structure with some canned lines which you can reuse everytime in the beginning. Later you can free style. I had no problem with flirting but I was struggling since I had no structure.

@Skills has great advice for texting. I'd say, he is the best when it comes to texting. Go over all his posts, that is more than enough.

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hey, VinM here, with another rookie question:

My journey towards success with women has been a bumpy road so far: few obstacles, some victories, many missed opportunities, but overall, I can see progress. There is only one problem that I have. The text game. I know that it should lead to the date, and it sure does sometimes, but everytime I try to text with a girl, it feels exhausting.
your problem is the same as when you start a job, you feel clumsy, inadequate, incompetent..... The beginning you feel helpless and exhausted, after couple of months 3 months, you are competent (that is why jobs give you a 3 months probation period), after 6 months you got it and if you don't you most be really bad and they fire you so they don't have to pay unemployment.....
First things first, I'm introverted, been diagnosed as schizotypal, but even though I'm not autistic,
There guys unfortunately like you and are some of the best guys specially texting, for example @topcat is just like that, one of the best texters in the forum... Key is to follow structure if you follow the structure you will be fine..... Top seducers are very dark triad...

I sometimes can't really feel emphatic towards others. Don't get me wrong, I had many women on dating apps like me, but let me explain:

Anytime I try to text with a girl, I want to get out of it as soon as possible, and if I can't, I just want to either end it there where I began, or keep it stale, without progress. Either she responds to my message, and I can't think of anything else witty to send, or I just wait 12 hours until I respond because I don't want to face it. It just exhausts me to think of anything. What should I do?

You don't know how to text is causing Texting anxiety, no different to approach anxiety.... Make a journal, and start logging your texts here, also go on my archives and look at my different texting post, try to go chronologically so it can be easier....

>