FU 
Textbook bad drinks date

raiden

Space Monkey
space monkey
Note that this is the last date that I'll have that doesn't take into account the feedback that I've received from my previous date reports here. You'll see that it was a textbook way of how to mess up a seduction and I'm hoping to learn from it. I don't think that I felt such strong attraction for her and I'm teetotal while she's very far from that and so it's not so disappointing to mess it up.

I met this woman on a dating system before Christmas. We had tried to organize a date for weeks and ended up having one in January. I had the feeling that if I didn't set a date soon, the opportunity would be lost, and so I went along with it. She's from an Asian country.

We met at a train station. Mistake 1 was the date location. This was 35 minutes travel for me and around 40 minutes travel for her. This was a bad location because the logistics were bad. I should have set the date nearer to me or, failing that taken a chance to put it nearer to her and attempt to pull there. But setting it here in the middle is a bad idea. Is that right?

After we met, I wanted to walk her to the canal side, take a walk and then choose a drink venue there. In the end I got lost and it took us 20 minutes to do a 5 minute journey. But she kept saying stuff like "I'll trust your directions" or "I'll follow you". So at this point, I was still OK. While walking, we were talking about how she came to be here and how this city compares to her home city. These seem like reasonable small talk topics and so I think that so far the date had gone OK. We were also comfortably touching each other on the elbows or arms at this stage.

When we got to the bar, we sat down with drinks and started talking. There were couch seats and I managed to sit next to her by saying that we'd be too far away sitting opposite and that was OK. Is it definitely always better to sit next to her or can opposite be better? Suppose I have strong fundamentals comprising well groomed hair and facial hair, excellent posture and a finely tuned voice. Won't all these qualities be observed better by a person sitting opposite?

The conversation was awful. She did most of the talking, but the topics were so dull. It was about her childhood, her parents and her therapy sessions. She spoke about her views on relationships (relationships in general not us!) and marriage. I was getting bored but couldn't think of another topic to switch to. I made her laugh once or twice but then she went back to the serious stuff and I could feel the date losing momentum. We were still touching politely (arms, elbows, hands) here and that felt comfortable. We went on like this and then both had to go (I had given her a constraint on how long I could stay before the date). We walked back to the train station and said goodbye.

Additional questions

1. If I feel the date losing momentum like this, what should I do? I know that one option is to lightly bust or tease her for being boring but this wouldn't have worked here, I think, because I didn't have high enough attainability and because I was the one who directed her to talk about the dull stuff. Also I know that if we didn't have beverages going, I could have just tried to move her, but that was also not an option here.

2. My conversation is evidently very weak. (consider also that women seem to enjoy my activity dates more than my drinks dates). I think that I must be a good general conversationalist but I'm trying to use those skills on a date. That's obviously going to fail because a date isn't a discussion and the conversation needs to be fun rather than an effective exchange of information. How can I improve here? I'm saying that I think that I'm good at talking about general stuff but I'm having trouble having good conversations on dates. I believe that I could keep a conversation going, say 2.5 hours if needed - and I've done it before on dates - but it's just conversation I could have with anybody not conversation to make two people on a date closer and more excited about each other.

gameboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Again, (like I asked for your previous FU report, and you never bothered to answer), how is this a fuckup?? So you didn't find her attractive enough. But you still asked her out, and she complied, stayed with you till the end of the date which you had set in advance, and opened herself up to you.

What else is it that you're expecting from a date, in order to feel like it was a success? Do you want her to schedule a second date with you before the first one has even finished, or what is your expectation?

raiden

Space Monkey
space monkey
Again, (like I asked for your previous FU report, and you never bothered to answer), how is this a fuckup?? So you didn't find her attractive enough. But you still asked her out, and she complied, stayed with you till the end of the date which you had set in advance, and opened herself up to you.

What else is it that you're expecting from a date, in order to feel like it was a success? Do you want her to schedule a second date with you before the first one has even finished, or what is your expectation?
As far as I'm concerned, a date is good if
1. It contains a legit, reasonable seduction attempt. Moving, pulls, escalation etc.
2. It leads to a second date which could contain 1
3. It demonstrates some improvement from me on how to deliver an effective date that could satisfy 1 or 2.

This date contained none of those and so I deem it a FU. I've been going on dates like these since 2017. I've never had a girlfriend and I need to speed up the progress. I can't just schedule a date from online, show up, punch the clock and then deem that a success.

gameboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Well, to me at least, this one sounds better than most of your previous reports.

- You manged to sit on a sofa with her and touch her a lot (this is SO key to a good seduction)
- She talked a lot about herself (good for rapport and deep diving like someone already suggested)

You probably could get a 2nd date with her if you wanted, or could have pulled her home.

Of course, it still sucks if you're not attracted to the girl... that's why I personally make a point of only trying to approach girls I find at least somewhat attractive. It just doesn't make sense otherwise. Ideally 9s or 10s, but obviously beggars can't be chosers and I don't see girls that I find that hot every day...

raiden

Space Monkey
space monkey
Well, to me at least, this one sounds better than most of your previous reports.

- You manged to sit on a sofa with her and touch her a lot (this is SO key to a good seduction)
- She talked a lot about herself (good for rapport and deep diving like someone already suggested)

You probably could get a 2nd date with her if you wanted, or could have pulled her home.

Of course, it still sucks if you're not attracted to the girl... that's why I personally make a point of only trying to approach girls I find at least somewhat attractive. It just doesn't make sense otherwise. Ideally 9s or 10s, but obviously beggars can't be chosers and I don't see girls that I find that hot every day...
I remarked about how I think that sitting opposite can be better than sitting next to her, depending on the guy's fundamentals. That's up for discussion still. But I did feel like I might have done better sitting opposite.

Talking about herself is not good in and of itself. I must have had more than 10 dates in life where the woman talked a lot about herself and told me stuff prefacing with "I haven't even told my friends this.." for example. But they were bad dates. Any fool can have an interesting conversation. A good seducer must do much more. For the start, he must make it more enjoyable.

She was racing to get out of there towards the end. She looked at her watch and said "oh you have to get going for [excuse that I had given]". Then as we went on our separate train platforms she didn't try to prolong the goodbye at all. This feels like my worst date amongst the last 5.

9s and 10s...hilarious! I should be grateful that a woman who is not overweight even spends 1 hour with me. And I usually am, but not here even. So that means I'm definitely not attracted.

gameboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I remarked about how I think that sitting opposite can be better than sitting next to her, depending on the guy's fundamentals. That's up for discussion still. But I did feel like I might have done better sitting opposite.

No, it's not up for discussion. Unless you want to disagree with Chase and virtually everyone else here. A quote from the article he wrote for you:

"When you sit down, you want to sit down right next to her."

Talking about herself is not good in and of itself. I must have had more than 10 dates in life where the woman talked a lot about herself and told me stuff prefacing with "I haven't even told my friends this.." for example. But they were bad dates.

All your dates were bad dates in your opinion, weren't they?

Any fool can have an interesting conversation.

No they can't.

raiden

Space Monkey
space monkey
No, it's not up for discussion. Unless you want to disagree with Chase and virtually everyone else here. A quote from the article he wrote for you:

"When you sit down, you want to sit down right next to her."
OK I stand corrected. I'd still like to discuss why, though. It seems like you gain on touch and proximity but lose out on fundamentals. It's probably a net gain for most guys, but I'm still learning.
All your dates were bad dates in your opinion, weren't they?
They failed my 1 and 2 and so yes they were.
No they can't.
It's easy. Let the person say something about themselves. Remark on what they say and then let them keep going. Remark again and ask a question about it. Relate to what you can. Repeat for 2-3 hours. This is a skill for the phone call not for the dates ; trust me.

Adventurer

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I think you're overestimating the necessary conditions for pulling. Of course you'll have a ton of dates that lead to nothing, that's part of the process. But for me, there is the only reason you're not getting laid at least some of the time at this point : You're not trying to pull in any of those "fuck ups" (which are really just normal first dates imo). I've had way worse dates lead to sex. Also why are you still planning your dates super far away ?

Honestly at this point you should make it a hard rule. "Even if I think the date is going terribly, I will lead the interaction to be alone at home with the girl. I will persist until she leaves the date or gets home with me." I think you'll be surprised

>