The Role of Discipline (Podcast With Franco Lombardi - Forum Moderator)

Grand Pooba

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Have you ever wondered why certain guys learn quicker, execute better, and get more girls than others?
Have you tried other people's methods unsuccessfully, then wondered how and why they aren't working well for you?
Have you hit sticking points in your method that you can't figure out how to deal with?

A lot of learning in pick-up and seduction, and frankly in life, boils down to one simple thing - Discipline. The more disciplined and self managed you are, the stronger and more effective your methods will be. Discipline reduces the process of learning into simple math equations where you only change one variable at a time, in order to test it's effectiveness and learn how to use it.

The idea behind discipline is:
- There are things I know that work; I want to continue to use those things
- I need to stop doing things that don’t work for my dating methods
- I also need to create systems that test what I’m not sure about

Have a listen to my first podcast on this subject with Franco and Chase here: https://soundcloud.com/girlschase/21-franco-lombardi-learning-pickup-takes-discipline. We'll have another one out to complement this on in a few weeks time.

Note: We've shortened the format of the Dating Mechanics podcasts to be under 30-35 minutes long moving forward, basically the length of an average commute.

I hope you enjoy the podcast, and please do leave any comments you have!

James D

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Re: The Role of Discipline

Thank you for this podcast. It's like exactly what I needed right now.
You guys are so spot on about discipline.

JD

Sandman

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man

Love the podcast. Thanks guys!

Franco - your voice is amazing #nohomo

I appreciate when skilled seducers like you talk about your mistakes. It's easy to imagine that once you go past a certain level, you become immune to mistakes and all your interactions go smooth af. I don't beat myself over girls I lose anymore but I remember I was very hard on myself at the beginning.

I wish I was more disciplined, trying out new things, getting into the nuts and bolts of things but I usually don't bother with it anymore. I've become lazy I guess. Analyzing a lot is the way to go if you aspire for greatness. Maybe writing new little techniques on a notepad and looking at it before a date and deciding to do one of them would work? Hmm... Something to think about...

Grand Pooba

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Sandman said:
I appreciate when skilled seducers like you talk about your mistakes. It's easy to imagine that once you go past a certain level, you become immune to mistakes and all your interactions go smooth af. I don't beat myself over girls I lose anymore but I remember I was very hard on myself at the beginning.

We're not immortal, haha. I still fail with women ALL the time. The key, though, is that I also succeed a lot. So part of the process of Discipline is actually 1. finding a system that works, and 2. then improving it to get better results as a percentage of effort. We'll go over that in Part 2 in a few weeks or so.

Sandman said:
I wish I was more disciplined, trying out new things, getting into the nuts and bolts of things but I usually don't bother with it anymore. I've become lazy I guess. Analyzing a lot is the way to go if you aspire for greatness. Maybe writing new little techniques on a notepad and looking at it before a date and deciding to do one of them would work? Hmm... Something to think about...

The choice is yours as to how disciplined you wish to be. Remember that 80% of your success comes from 20% of your results, so you HAVE to grind and be efficient about it (a.k.a. disciplined) if you want to get better more quickly.

Part 2 will have a lot of juice on this stuff, haha.

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Sandman,

Franco - your voice is amazing #nohomo

Haha, thanks man!

I hope you guys all enjoy this one! Part 2 will follow soon, and I think it is even better than Part 1. ;)

EDIT: If you guys have any feedback or questions, please leave it on the article page itself and I can respond there. That way duplicate questions/feedback can be consolidated in one area: Franco Lombardi | Learning Pick-Up Takes Discipline

Cheers,

Franco

>