Calls & Texts  The "Silent Phone" Treatment

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hey fellas,

I've got a nifty little trick(/challenge?) that you can use if you feel like you're struggling with texting women too much or too often -- which I think most guys are doing it more than they realize.

One thing you can do to help train yourself to text women less is to keep your phone on "Silent" mode throughout the day. This means that you get NO sound notifications and NO vibrations on your phone when you're receiving phone calls or text messages.

One thing most newer guys do after they text a girl is constantly check their phone to see when she's going to text back. This is a bad habit to get into because it causes you to give a girl way more mental investment than you should be giving her, and it also makes you more likely to respond to a girl much sooner than you probably should (because remember, you're a busy man who isn't always checking his phone, right?)

So try turning your phone on "Silent" for a week if you find yourself texting too much. Learn to forget that you even have your phone on you; eventually you will check your phone naturally when you remember and see that Sarah texted you four hours ago. Perfect. You text her back and SHE'S the one who's been patiently waiting by her phone for YOU to text her back instead of the other way around. And naturally, you've just gained much more mental investment from her without even trying!

Let me know if any of you try this and have success with it. =)

NOTE: Some of you may have obligations that prevent you from turning your phone on silent -- possibly for work or family related reasons. This is fine; don't fret if you can't use this!

- Franco

luego

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Most phones now should give you the option of putting people in categories, and giving those individual categories sound profiles. So you can silent "da womenz" and still have "important people" give you vibrate/ring, for example.

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
luego,

Definitely true. I'm not sure how many guys would remember to make every woman's number a "silent" number, but it might be worth the time configuring it that way. =)

- Franco

Rage

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I practice this one too Franco, I like it!

A variation of this I kind of do too, is for example, if I'm going somewhere am in the car let's say, will tell myself "I sent text now not allowed to look at phone until I get to my destination" or it can be "I can't look at my phone again till I've finished x task"... and it gets my mind off the girl but also works kind of like delaying gratification... and also gets her chasing or mentally investing in you a little more too I think.

I broke this rule a bit, recently however because had a girl who was texting back instantly and investing really hard over text...

But still practice this for the most part

-Gem

>