FR  Using gunwitch’s method but couldn’t close

Rakehell

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hey guys my second field report here hope you enjoy.

After walking the mall for a bit I decided to enter a commercial shoe store. These stores have become run dry of any usable fashion over the years and are mostly now copy pasted low quality chains for major sportswear brands to push over priced exercise gear.

Either way i’m all for exploration so I decided to walk the store lined with shoes up and down the walls with their ironically dressed employees.

As i’m walking checking out clothes I spot one of these employees in my peripheral vision. I don’t immediately acknowledge them and continue browsing through a rack of T-Shirts.

As I stop and turn to admire some shoes this employee walks right through my line of sight but doesn’t verbally acknowledge me which I thought was strange.

She turns her head looks, and then looks away and then looks again as I’m admiring some shoes on the wall. In which I turn and meet her gaze. She freezes like a deer in headlights and we are locked in eachothers eyes.

The eye contact is sultry and I could feel immediate sexual tension with her as a complete stranger having never heard eachothers voices. It lasts for 5 solid seconds until.

She looks away and I ask her how she’s doing she says good with a really bashful almost nervous smile.

Unfortunately I think the tension may have been too great because as I turned to put the shoe I had been admiring down she had fled before I got the chance to open and properly hook her.

Darn it I think.

After making my rounds in the store allowing things to cool down I decide to reopen her.
So I browse a section of clothing close to where she is and slowly make my way closer to her.

I wait for her to spot me and I open with,

“wow, hey this is gonna sound crazy but,

you look just like my ex girlfriend”

She immediately gives me her attention

“wow that is crazy”

I say

“yeah I don’t know if it’s the mask but eyes up you really do favor eachother”

she responds enthusiastically

in which I ask if she minds taking down her mask so I can see if its really true

she takes her mask off for me without a second thought

and I say

“yeah you really do look like her except you have a totally different vibe my ex was a little crazy”

she says
“how so”

I tell her how I can tell that she’s the type of person who comes off really guarded with strangers and it probably scares alot of people away even though she’s not like that at all and is a really warm person once you get to know her but only the people who stick around ever get to see that side of her where as my ex was really friendly but was hostile with the people she knew the most

she tells me how right I am and how flattered she is that i’m talking to her and how she looks like my ex and then asks me about her telling me that she has a twin sister

I tell her one of my exes names and how cool it is that she has a twin

I see her look around as new customers walk in in which I tell her lets move away from all the people.

She agrees and we go to a back wall away from her coworkers and customers. I re spark the conversation with my back to a wall and her standing directly in front of me inches away
asking her age and qualifying her on that.

I deep dived about her twin and what its like having someone who looks identical.

I missed a really good frame with that and could have easily diverged it into a more sexual conversation but the undertones and nonverbals were pretty sexual at that point so ah well.

I segway that into fate and ask if she believes in fate. She responds with a really enthusiastic yes.
I ask if she’s ever met someone in which she felt like everything cliqued almost as if she was destined or fated to meet that person and how it almost felt like it was meant to be.

She says yes and goes into a long winded take on fate in which I qualify and reward her for with taps on the shoulder and yeahs and yesses.

I tell her how she’s the coolest girl i’ve met all day and how I enjoyed talking to her.

She lights up and agrees saying how flattered she was.

I tell her how she was a really cool girl and ask for her number so that we could connect again outside of work.

I get hit with a wall of how “she doesn’t give her number out at work”

I say “oh wow why is that”

In which she responds she just doesn’t almost as if it’s some deep rooted value

I try and fish for something to pace her reality on by asking again and giving reasons why she may not “is it that you don’t want your supervisors to see or, you don’t want to be perceived giving your number out by your coworkers, or is it something else?”

she says no no no and returns back to her retort of her just not giving it out in which im stumped

At this point a wild card *a customer* calls her over and she tells me she’ll be right back reluctantly

she returns to me in less than a minute saying that she would give me her instagram i give her an excuse as to why I don’t use instagram putting it off on my exes irrationalness

(I do have one but I find that it is an unfair assessment of ones value and can lower an otherwise high value persons value if it does not measure up to their in person persona)

she says okay but she really doesn’t give out her number

at this point I am otherwise satisfied with the game I ran and make a mental note of persisting once or twice more before excusing myself

I tell her that it’d be too bad if we let something so fated slip away because of our own values

I suggest we just meet up for food or coffee once she gets off saying I should be done shopping by then (within an hour).

She says how if it’s fated we will see eachother again and that she can’t meet because she promised her friends she would go with them after work and that she doesn’t know me that well.

I tell her that it’s cool how dedicated she is to her promises but her friends will understand if you tell them about your chance encounter and how the chemistry between us is undeniable

she tells me she’s sorry and that she would take my number if i had some paper I tell her i don’t in which she looks genuinely disgruntled

I say well I really do need to get back shopping as im looking for a gift and she says okay and offers her hand

Id really appreciate feedback on this one I can’t really spot many flaws in what I did. I was caught off guard that I didn’t get the number as i’ve gotten numbers off of way more abhorrent game and this chick was very clearly interested in me.

We were the same age and I was dressed really well not incongruent to the style of where she worked. I am well groomed, my eye contact, body language, and voice were all great.

The interaction lasted what felt like 15 minutes all while she was on the clock which was a pretty big investment on her part.

To let me leave without giving me some type of green light to continue our interaction elsewhere was very very surprising I must say.

Last edited:

Lobo

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Solid stuff Sunking... I see gunwitch's tech netted you some powerful influence over this girl.

With the number close, the girl gave you an objection, and a knee jerk programmed one at that... which had little to do with how you effected her. She is a girl at a retail store who has likely been asked or has heard of her friends being asked for their numbers... which gives her that knee jerk auto responce of "I dont give my number out at work."
This is a BS objection lol. But it is a roadblock she wants you to overcome. In fact, she kind of overcomes it for you here
She tells me she’s sorry and that she would take my number if i had some paper I tell her i don’t in which she looks genuinely disgruntled

Technically she's not giving out her number right? So her BS objection and her FSC/ASD stay relaxed.

One way you could have leaped over this objection is by instead putting your number in her phone, and messaging yourself after. Right after the objection prefferably... because as you were trying to logic through the objection, I'm sure the vibe died down. I'm sure other skilled seducers have experienced the increased resistance of trying to logic a girl into doing something she said she didn't want to do.

With this, she doesen't give out her number at work but you still got her number. Win win

Rakehell

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Solid stuff Sunking... I see gunwitch's tech netted you some powerful influence over this girl.
Hey Lobo man!

It has indeed, it’s definitely warranted me some nuanced interactions with women. One thing i’ve noticed about the material is it encourages drawn out attention grabbing sets. This womans attention specifically never diverted from me.

As you saw my issue was closing her..
One way you could have leaped over this objection is by instead putting your number in her phone, and messaging yourself after. Right after the objection prefferably... because as you were trying to logic through the objection, I'm sure the vibe died down. I'm sure other skilled seducers have experienced the increased resistance of trying to logic a girl into doing something she said she didn't want to do.

With this, she doesen't give out her number at work but you still got her number. Win win

Believe you me I tried man, she didn’t have the phone on her hence the paper wall. Here:
she tells me she’s sorry and that she would take my number if i had some paper I tell her i don’t in which she looks genuinely disgruntled
At that point I’d used every trick I had and it felt chasey to go and find some paper to write my number down for her.

I thought about backtracking and taking her instagram down but it felt chasey as well. :/

Beck Bass

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
No idea man, I guess you should just had asked about her schedule and tell her you reeeeally had to see her again, that this was fate and stuff like that, and then get her number or whatever. And like be reaally under the radar, like whispering on her ear, maybe, and like winking like "I'm not gonna tell anyone" lol
I guess overall you did a great job, she really just didn't want to give her number, maybe she had a boyfriend or something? Dunno

Rain

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I tell her how she was a really cool girl and ask for her number so that we could connect again outside of work.

I get hit with a wall of how “she doesn’t give her number out at work”
Do you remember which order you did this? What was the exact sentence(s) when you asked her out?
Maybe could try asking out first, then after that ask for the number.

Instagram might be like status based stuff or something, but if you're not getting a number just have an instagram, snapchat, fb, just something that has you on it ,even if its very small[or everything private and just a photo of you?] as long as its a way to keep communicating without swapping numbers. Other members can say if this works for them or not as an alterative to a number.

I recall I think something David Deangelo saying something about he asks for their email as opposed to a number. I don't know when he said that but I vaguely remember I dunno an article and he mentioned this or someone asked a question about a number? Maybe that can be another option.

Of course, I dunno the best way to present an alterantive. eg
A) if number fails, direct ask for something else eg instagram/snapchat/email
But that risks a no ladder
you ask for number, no
you ask for insta, no
you ask for snapchat, no
I may have read 'no ladder' are bad. But someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

OR
B) just ask is there an alternative way to keep in touch? This lets them give out something of their choice, and perhaps avoid a 'no ladder' where

Whats more likely to get a result? Someone giving you their 'next best' thing besides a number(A), or you directly asking for their next best thing if a calculated guess was to be made on what most women have these days(B)?

Rakehell

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Thanks Rain.
Do you remember which order you did this? What was the exact sentence(s) when you asked her out?
Maybe could try asking out first, then after that ask for the number.
Hard to remember my exact wording but that was definitely the structure. Number first hang out later.

You asking me did actually bring something to my attention though. In regard to the no ladder which would be a bad thing.

I should have asked for the meet first before I went for the number. Instead of the other way around on this part.
I suggest we just meet up for food or coffee once she gets off saying I should be done shopping by then (within an hour).
That was a hail mary ask for compliance after she refused her number. Although her number was the smallest close for compliance anyway, so I guess it didn’t really matter.

Another thing is once she was called over for work duties it may have broken the vibe after she returned. I don’t know if I could have easily rekindled that immersion but who knows.

I cant see anything I did technically wrong for her to refuse keeping in contact tho so im truly stumped. Maybe she’d given her number out before and it didn’t go over well for her socially so she was reluctant. Or maybe she wasn’t 100% sold on me and didn’t want to be seen by a coworker she liked as a slut for giving her number out.

Overall I should have just taken the instagram so yeah my mistake lol. Guess it was an ego thing. I dont even consider my page as low value I just don’t really like social media.

Last edited:

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
bump

anyone have insight on this?

As I told skippy the "give me your number" is similar to the situation of "buying drinks" the best way to avoid this type of situation is not to get into that situation in the first place... You do not want to get in a situation where you have to negotiate social media, you don't want to play under social media cause it puts you at a disadvantage from an strategic and seduction stand point in my opinion as i discuss in this post https://www.skilledseducer.com/threads/social-media-why-to-avoid-it-and-things-you-could-say.24023/

what I do is say "give me your phone so I can give you my number" she gives me her phone and I put my contact info in it... then I call myself from her number and I have it as a miss call.... then since the reason I don't carry my phone is due to distraction and I do dance floor stuff, but this is not your case, text her right away from your phone "who is that sexy or handsome or good looking guy you're talking to". So yes what happens is she lower the guard, she comply, an element of different and you don't risk the Instagram, snapchat, tiktok, Facebook crap that it kills seduction imho

Rakehell

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hey skills.

I’ve done that type of close before i’m glad you brought it back to my attention.

The last time I did it I had asked for a girls phone while she was on facetime. Had a short convo with the guy she was talking to about her, then hung up.

Afterward I had her unlock it so I could call myself. lolol

Idk if it would have worked on this particular girl as she didn’t actually have her phone but im glad you brought it to my attention nonetheless .

Definitely a more dominant way of getting a number but also more socially risqué which is why idk how it would have worked on this girl.

Gunwitch

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder

Basically this is the point where you were doing really well until. I assume you started on YOUR end to feel uncomfortable for lack of further material (right?) and did a version of ejecting here, with a hail Mary pass at getting a number.

You sort of regressed from an intermediate ('im assuming your delivery and vibe isn't perfect) version of my material, all the way back to the mission for overcoming approach anxiety. She was probably taken aback herself that you cut an otherwise talkative conversation off to go classic phone number route. Had stuck in there, maybe coulda gotten her stimulated more and pulled her after work. Ideally at HER suggestion.

If the meeting friends after work thing wasn't just token resistance, it was true, she eventually woulda invited you to join them. A last ditch tactic on your end could have been to ask to join them also. "You're so interesting, i'd love to meet your friends" "which one are you though, you the leader, the funny one, the deep one?"

Just one approach though, and you did well up to that point, so chalk it up to experience. Good goin.

Gun

Rakehell

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Thanks for the insight gun
Basically this is the point where you were doing really well until. I assume you started on YOUR end to feel uncomfortable for lack of further material (right?) and did a version of ejecting here, with a hail Mary pass at getting a number.
This is a pretty accurate take actually. Although I wasn’t uncomfortable for a lack of what to say, I did get a lingering feeling of nervousness because she was on the clock (which can be chalked up to anxiety). I don’t believe it showed in my outward behavior but it may have caused me to end the convo too early.

I figured since I had been influencing her for a while it was fine to end the interaction on a good note. Sounds pretty dumb in hindsight.

Assuming this is all true then I must still have some underlying sense that approaching isn’t a valuable use of time. Also a fear of being perceived as needy for sticking around too long like most guys do.

How should I tackle that in your opinion gun?

Im pursuing acting so I can brush past most internal feelings pretty well. Girls are usually the ones nervous because I’m charismatic and unwavering. I can also put on that sexual brovado really good.

I don’t think this is a underlying problem with everyday girls but a thing that was triggered because she was actively working.

Last edited:

Gunwitch

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Thanks for the insight gun

This is a pretty accurate take actually. Although I wasn’t uncomfortable for a lack of what to say, I did get a lingering feeling of nervousness because she was on the clock (which can be chalked up to anxiety). I don’t believe it showed in my outward behavior but it may have caused me to end the convo too early.

I figured since I had been influencing her for a while it was fine to end the interaction on a good note. Sounds pretty dumb in hindsight.

Assuming this is all true then I must still have some underlying sense that approaching isn’t a valuable use of time. Also a fear of being perceived as needy for sticking around too long like most guys do.

Yeah better reactions you get, less of that you'll have. Even this chick, while not ready to give number (maybe a safety issue, probably not, you already know where she works) was mentally engaged.

How should I tackle that in your opinion gun?

Im pursuing acting so I can brush past most internal feelings pretty well. Girls are usually the ones nervous because I’m charismatic and unwavering. I can also put on that sexual brovado really good.

I don’t think this is a underlying problem with everyday girls but a thing that was triggered because she was actively working.

Yeah any store workers, barhelp, even lunch time, subways or trains, its a built in time constraint for sure. One can go, "well I just won't approach those and never get a rejection from those" but still, again wanna be mastery oriented, not outcome oriented.

Banged many a married woman, I use to not approach women if wearing a wedding band. How many did I miss out on?

You're doing good fast here man (not blowin smoke up your ass, i've been teaching this stuff a long time), don't change anything, keep at it.

Gun

Rakehell

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Think this was the insight I needed.

Much love

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I've been the retail help and had a woman tap my wedding ring and say "if it wasn't for that I'd ask you out right now". Later after the divorce she invited me to call her so she could fix me dinner. But when a man does it it comes off as creepy.

My GF works in retail and frequently has male customers who hit on her. There is no shortage of interested guys for attractive female customer service personnel. Respect her time and privacy...Have a business card you can give women and let them reach out to you if they truly are interested......and treat those who do as high value targets. Their interest level is high.

Rakehell

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
One of my first ever approaches got me laid and she was actually working at the time. I figure whether at work, working out, or shopping a girl is a girl is a girl so she’ll be receptive to the right guy.

Unless shes like a sex worker / insta influencer or something idk.

But that approach was much less a full on conversation and more like covert flirting as we interacted. It was more of an organic thing as I didnt have any particular method just prior experience talking to girls i knew (plus the stuff I learned from girls chase).

I think the pressure was weighing on me in this interaction subconsciously because although I feigned it as organic, I knew deep down I was soaking up her time deliberately running methodical game while she was on the clock.

As for the business card i’m just 18 so the pool of girls i go for usually probably wouldn’t know what to do with it lmaoo.

Last edited:

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
As for the business card i’m just 18 so the pool of girls i go for usually probably wouldn’t know what to do with it lmaoo.
I should have known....Only high schoolers write a 1300 word Field Report on "I talked to a girl"

Lofty

Modern Human
Modern Human
I should have known....Only high schoolers write a 1300 word Field Report on "I talked to a girl"
Yeah, for sure, that makes PERFECT sense.

Hey everyone, let's NOT attempt to identify our mistakes and troubleshoot with this amazingly helpful community.

Typically, field reports are written to both learn and share field experience. If @sunking hadn't written this report about "talking to a girl," which in fact was a solid approach from him as noted by @Gunwitch himself, then he wouldn't have been able to analyze his outing to this nuanced degree while also receiving feedback from his peers and two tribal elders - including the literal originator of the methods he was testing. That seems pretty valuable to me.

If anyone reading these words believes that analyzing an approach is NOT a valuable use of time, an analysis of which has a purpose to improve his game for the next time and the time after, then I personally invite you to explain WHY. Especially on just his second field report where community insight can greatly accelerate his learning curve. Usually this community applauds our members for undertaking these endeavors that so many men cower away from nowadays. And the length of this report is not an issue. He learned from writing it and received detailed feedback based upon his detailed post.

Furthermore, I also learned from this thread - so did many others based upon the likes on these posts. So thank you @sunking for taking the time and effort to share your experiences with us, and props to you for hitting the field with the bravery to integrate tech from a legendary seducer in the journey to crafting the sex life of your dreams by the unbridled force of your own will.

By the way, @Fuck This, I should have known... only supercilious, jaundiced, indiscriminate dickheads would discourage a young seducer from actually trying to improve.

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hey skills.

I’ve done that type of close before i’m glad you brought it back to my attention.

The last time I did it I had asked for a girls phone while she was on facetime. Had a short convo with the guy she was talking to about her, then hung up.

Afterward I had her unlock it so I could call myself. lolol

Idk if it would have worked on this particular girl as she didn’t actually have her phone but im glad you brought it to my attention nonetheless .

Definitely a more dominant way of getting a number but also more socially risqué which is why idk how it would have worked on this girl.
yes, you are totally right! that would not have worked cause she was on the retail and did not have the phone or could get in trouble from it, i forgot about that, facepalm, good catch...

Rakehell

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Not to sound mad because I feel great about this thread, as I said I got the insight I needed.

It’s just hard to respect someone who’d only see negative in a 1300 word post. Considering you’re older than me you should have already grown out of that pessimistic way of thinking!

There’s opportunity to learn in everything, everything has a silver lining. Hopefully you take Lofty’s eloquent post and learn from that; moreover I hope you reread this thread and realize that you were projecting your own insecurities. Perhaps you have some unresolved issues with your own highschool years lol.

Last edited:
>