Wall Art Be Too Explicit?

PeacockMan

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hi

From my post sometime ago I've taken the advise that DonGately, MuST0BtA1NSkR1Lla and Francis gave regarding the lighting and wall art. Thus far, the electrician has come and made the adjustments and I got some fake but beautiful and realistic looking candles. Last week I started the payment plan on indoor plants (the fake but ultra realistic ones and should cost no more than $150.

As for the wall art, this gets me everytime. Whenever I go and look at art, I think "mhmm this looks nice, but I may get bored of it" and want to change it later. That's until I found this piece of art here:

71tj02RqM5L._AC_SX569_.jpg

I'm thinking to put it over my bed in my mini apartment. But here are the reasons I have not gone ahead with the purchase:

1. I grew up in a Christian home so I'm concerned with what my parents will think whenever they visit my apartment. I'm concerned about them walking in, seeing my desk, walls, bed and then looking up over my bed to see abstract art of sexually suggestive images. It even crossed my mind to buy 2 pieces of art: a family friendly wall art that goes up whenever I have family over and then this art above when I am expecting to bring girls over. But then that adds complexity i.e. work. Now I have to be hiding my wall art, constantly taking down and putting up. And I do not want to bother with that. Even if my parents were to visit once every 3 months, I do not want to bother with taking down art just for keeping that a secret.
  2. I'm concerned it may cause too much last minute resistance to sex when girls come over. I'm imagining them already in my small apartment, they know sex is going to happen. And the moment they enter is suggestive art to show a woman taking off her bra or showing her ass and then making them uncomfortable.

Any suggestions on my concerns above?

Also what's your guys thoughts on adding sexually suggestive, or partially naked women, or fully nude women art to your bedroom walls? Good or bad for seduction?

Here's 2 other images for some more context on the sexually suggestive I am referring to.

61Nj6tfAXDL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_FMwebp_.jpg

and

51xfdKBEDIL._AC_SX569_.jpg

P.s. Please send me a DM immediately if these images are too explicit for the forum. I am still fairly new to the forum and if these break some rule I will remove them immediately. I made sure not to link to any external sites. But instead only show the images for the context I had in mind.

Thanks

PeacockMan

topcat

Modern Human
Modern Human
this one works..

why? it’s suggestive, tasteful and sensual.

The others are overtly sexual in a tasteless way.

If you’re going to have sexually suggestive images for the sake of aiding your seductions then you’ll need to think from the perspective of the woman herself. You are after all, trying to put her in the mood.

So, you want works that she can either favourably see herself in the position of the woman shown (a sensual and seductive sex symbol to be appreciated), or that she can admire as either voyeur or simply for its beauty.

The last image does both. The first two give off “i’m a thirsty man that looks at these images to get off” or “i’m such a player”..strip club vibes.

Will_V

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Hi

From my post sometime ago I've taken the advise that DonGately, MuST0BtA1NSkR1Lla and Francis gave regarding the lighting and wall art. Thus far, the electrician has come and made the adjustments and I got some fake but beautiful and realistic looking candles. Last week I started the payment plan on indoor plants (the fake but ultra realistic ones and should cost no more than $150.

As for the wall art, this gets me everytime. Whenever I go and look at art, I think "mhmm this looks nice, but I may get bored of it" and want to change it later. That's until I found this piece of art here:

I'm thinking to put it over my bed in my mini apartment. But here are the reasons I have not gone ahead with the purchase:

1. I grew up in a Christian home so I'm concerned with what my parents will think whenever they visit my apartment. I'm concerned about them walking in, seeing my desk, walls, bed and then looking up over my bed to see abstract art of sexually suggestive images. It even crossed my mind to buy 2 pieces of art: a family friendly wall art that goes up whenever I have family over and then this art above when I am expecting to bring girls over. But then that adds complexity i.e. work. Now I have to be hiding my wall art, constantly taking down and putting up. And I do not want to bother with that. Even if my parents were to visit once every 3 months, I do not want to bother with taking down art just for keeping that a secret.
  2. I'm concerned it may cause too much last minute resistance to sex when girls come over. I'm imagining them already in my small apartment, they know sex is going to happen. And the moment they enter is suggestive art to show a woman taking off her bra or showing her ass and then making them uncomfortable.

Also what's your guys thoughts on adding sexually suggestive, or partially naked women, or fully nude women art to your bedroom walls? Good or bad for seduction?

Here's 2 other images for some more context on the sexually suggestive I am referring to.

and

P.s. Please send me a DM immediately if these images are too explicit for the forum. I am still fairly new to the forum and if these break some rule I will remove them immediately. I made sure not to link to any external sites. But instead only show the images for the context I had in mind.

Thanks

PeacockMan

I like the first wall art with the three forms, but I think it's too suggestive of getting undressed for sex that it will come across as cocky.

The second one is pretty full on nudity which probably won't vibe with her. The last one would probably work well, it's sexual but not explicit, and communicates emotion/sensuality that she could definitely vibe with.

This is just opinion though I've never hung sexy wall art, although I do other things like using red and black bedclothes and just generally setting up a vibe with the presentation of things.

PeacockMan

Space Monkey
space monkey
@topcat and @Will_V I've taken the feedback and removed that 1st abstract art and the 2nd image from my cart. There are other variations of the abstract which I think would solve my issues and focus on:

1. Giving my parents and family a "good boy gentleman virgin" image of me when they come over (which is my vibe aim with family)
  2. Low key appreciate the art of a woman, communicate emotion/sensuality, and seductive.

Here are 3 other variations of the abstract art.

71jerB1UjEL._AC_SX569_.jpg

This one above:

1/3 - I see a woman either in a garden with her hands gently holding her neck and head back. It gives me the vibe of a woman enjoying nature. But I think it's also slightly seductive in the sense if a man was put in the back of the picture or say she was having sex in the cowgirl position, then this would be it.

2/3 This fully appreciates a woman's hair. She looks off into the distance admiring or thinking of something

3/3 A woman holding flowers over her face, maybe for a photoshoot or she is being flirty. Very nice!

711gFtk2oAL._AC_SX569_.jpg

This one above:

1/3 - I like this one the least as it looks like just a bunch of flowers a woman is carrying with no hint of her face being shown

2/3 Reminds me of a beauty model. She has on makeup, lashes, e.t.c. and is posing for a facial photoshoot. I love this!

3/3 I see a cute women probably naked but the bush hides her butt crack which I think adds emotion and admires her beauty. She looks off into the distance. I also think this could low key represent a mermaid and a lot of women are into mermaids.

715DQPrk3sL._AC_SX569_.jpg

This one above:

1/3 - I see a woman who is probably on the beach wearing shades and a beach hat... or is wearing shades and a hat with her back fully exposed as she walks down the street probably giving me an approach invitation after I've shown great eye contact flirting

2/3 A woman holding flowers over her face, maybe for a photoshoot or she is being flirty. Very nice!

3/3 A cute woman, maybe she is posing for a photoshoot. Maybe she is on a date with a handsome guy across from her, she has flowers in her hair as she looks across the table and admires him.

this one works..

why? it’s suggestive, tasteful and sensual.

61SsTsYxQ1L._AC_SX569_.jpg

I'm glad to hear that. This is the closest image I could find of it to resemble how it would look in my bedroom (removing the table and chair). I'll definitely go ahead and purchase this and it will be on my wall in the next 2-4 weeks. But I think I'll experiment switching from this to one of the safer abstract art whenever my parents are visiting. I know my parents would love to see a picture of Jesus and his 12 disciples hanging over my bed so as much as I love this image, it might be a shock to them (sad to say).

For the new abstract art, which do you gentlemen like the most? I've listed them 1st (I like the most) 2nd (I like), and 3rd (I like the least).

PeacockMan

Will_V

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
@topcat and @Will_V I've taken the feedback and removed that 1st abstract art and the 2nd image from my cart. There are other variations of the abstract which I think would solve my issues and focus on:

1. Giving my parents and family a "good boy gentleman virgin" image of me when they come over (which is my vibe aim with family)
  2. Low key appreciate the art of a woman, communicate emotion/sensuality, and seductive.

Here are 3 other variations of the abstract art.

71jerB1UjEL._AC_SX569_.jpg

This one above:

1/3 - I see a woman either in a garden with her hands gently holding her neck and head back. It gives me the vibe of a woman enjoying nature. But I think it's also slightly seductive in the sense if a man was put in the back of the picture or say she was having sex in the cowgirl position, then this would be it.

2/3 This fully appreciates a woman's hair. She looks off into the distance admiring or thinking of something

3/3 A woman holding flowers over her face, maybe for a photoshoot or she is being flirty. Very nice!

711gFtk2oAL._AC_SX569_.jpg

This one above:

1/3 - I like this one the least as it looks like just a bunch of flowers a woman is carrying with no hint of her face being shown

2/3 Reminds me of a beauty model. She has on makeup, lashes, e.t.c. and is posing for a facial photoshoot. I love this!

3/3 I see a cute women probably naked but the bush hides her butt crack which I think adds emotion and admires her beauty. She looks off into the distance. I also think this could low key represent a mermaid and a lot of women are into mermaids.

715DQPrk3sL._AC_SX569_.jpg

This one above:

1/3 - I see a woman who is probably on the beach wearing shades and a beach hat... or is wearing shades and a hat with her back fully exposed as she walks down the street probably giving me an approach invitation after I've shown great eye contact flirting

2/3 A woman holding flowers over her face, maybe for a photoshoot or she is being flirty. Very nice!

3/3 A cute woman, maybe she is posing for a photoshoot. Maybe she is on a date with a handsome guy across from her, she has flowers in her hair as she looks across the table and admires him.

61SsTsYxQ1L._AC_SX569_.jpg

I'm glad to hear that. This is the closest image I could find of it to resemble how it would look in my bedroom (removing the table and chair). I'll definitely go ahead and purchase this and it will be on my wall in the next 2-4 weeks. But I think I'll experiment switching from this to one of the safer abstract art whenever my parents are visiting. I know my parents would love to see a picture of Jesus and his 12 disciples hanging over my bed so as much as I love this image, it might be a shock to them (sad to say).

For the new abstract art, which do you gentlemen like the most? I've listed them 1st (I like the most) 2nd (I like), and 3rd (I like the least).

PeacockMan

Frankly all those leafy art forms come across as too soft to me, it's the sort of thing a girl might put on her own wall.

The picture of the woman from the back is subtle and shows appreciation of her, but is also powerfully masculine in perspective and tone, the observer is clearly a male or someone with a masculine desire to take her. At least that's how it comes across to me, if I saw it on a girl's wall I'd definitely think she had some lesbian or bi tendencies.

Best would be to try a few different things and see what actually grabs her attention and arouses her, as men we only have a vague idea of what might work.

MuST0BtA1NSkR1Lla

Modern Human
Modern Human
Hi

and

Thanks

I’ll be the counter player in this. I loved the abstract wire art for the bedroom and I may go and fetch some at some point. Saves me time and $$$ on trying to find paintings.

My advice for having the nude wall art is to not go down that path. I did make an attempt on having artsy nudity around the house then most women would think, “Wow cool” the first couple times then at some point they’ll pick a fight about it. *[I’d say like that leg lamp from that one Christmas movie.]

We are also gamers and realize that we are part of the secret society and it gets boring looking at the same bitch for longer then a month everyday.

The tasteful way if you want to go flip through some nudity I’ve had that is to keep some photography on the coffee table. But I keep it with one or two artsy quarterly magazines. For you could just get a cheap subscription and leave em on your bedside table.

The last remnants of nude hung art that I have is this in a nice frame located in the washroom.

As far as you should be concerned though not everything needs to happen at once, the best way to fiqure out what works and what doesn’t is to have women over and to let them tell you what they feel about it. No need to have everything perfected at once right? Try for now to skip the art and set up the room with the plants and the lights and I think you should be great.

Cheers
MuSt0

PeacockMan

Space Monkey
space monkey
Frankly all those leafy art forms come across as too soft to me, it's the sort of thing a girl might put on her own wall.

This has given me a new perspective. At first when I saw the more explicit one (1st image on this thread) I started comparing and contrasting. But now that you highlight that, yes I can see how a girly girl who loves Disney would purchase this for bedroom walls. I think they are still nice, but would be more suited for a man's apartment if he had a big area with lots of art. So since my area is small, I'll avoid these for now.

They are all good...

Noted!

My advice for having the nude wall art is to not go down that path. I did make an attempt on having artsy nudity around the house then most women would think, “Wow cool” the first couple times then at some point they’ll pick a fight about it. *[I’d say like that leg lamp from that one Christmas movie.]

Noted!
We are also gamers and realize that we are part of the secret society and it gets boring looking at the same bitch for longer then a month everyday.

This is true in terms of me looking at Instagram models. No matter how hot the girl is, weeks or months later she just does not give me the same reaction as when I 1st saw her image on IG. Maybe wall art will be different? I don't know but only one way to find out.
As far as you should be concerned though not everything needs to happen at once, the best way to fiqure out what works and what doesn’t is to have women over and to let them tell you what they feel about it. No need to have everything perfected at once right? Try for now to skip the art and set up the room with the plants and the lights and I think you should be great.

Yeah I'm a have to skip for now because yesterday I picked up a few of the artificial plants from the store and adjusted them next to the candles. I need to go back and spend about $70 to complete the plants then I'll checkout with the wall art that the other gentlemen above all agreed on was a good pick. I found another mockup of it in a bedroom setting and I must say it looks damn good.

713qh-izWcL._AC_SX569_.jpg

PeacockMan

Will_V

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
This has given me a new perspective. At first when I saw the more explicit one (1st image on this thread) I started comparing and contrasting. But now that you highlight that, yes I can see how a girly girl who loves Disney would purchase this for bedroom walls. I think they are still nice, but would be more suited for a man's apartment if he had a big area with lots of art. So since my area is small, I'll avoid these for now.

Noted!

Noted!

This is true in terms of me looking at Instagram models. No matter how hot the girl is, weeks or months later she just does not give me the same reaction as when I 1st saw her image on IG. Maybe wall art will be different? I don't know but only one way to find out.

Yeah I'm a have to skip for now because yesterday I picked up a few of the artificial plants from the store and adjusted them next to the candles. I need to go back and spend about $70 to complete the plants then I'll checkout with the wall art that the other gentlemen above all agreed on was a good pick. I found another mockup of it in a bedroom setting and I must say it looks damn good.

713qh-izWcL._AC_SX569_.jpg

PeacockMan

Test the waters with that piece and see how girls react to it, you never know.

Personally I don't hang wall art like that (though to be clear, I haven't really tested it either), and I was just thinking and realized why.

Men and women have a different experience of sex. Although there's intimacy that makes them feel close, different emotions color the experience. Just think about the experience of dominance vs submission, of playing an active vs passive role in sex. It's pretty divergent in terms of the emotions involved.

During sex, each party is free to experience things in their own way according to their role. But art is always created from the perspective of a specific observer, and the emotions of the observer color the art. That's why I might like one art piece and you don't, or vice versa, we each are drawn to art that reflects the emotions we particularly experience in the context of what the art is showing.

And the emotions a woman feels are probably going to be quite different from what either of us feels, and unless the art reflects those emotions back to her, she probably won't like it or at least be ambivalent about it.

Not to mention one girl might like it, and another might not.

It's different if the art is created by you of course, since if it comes across as impressive, even if it's not really her kind of art, it reflects well on you.

That's how I look at it. But empirical testing always trumps opinions.

PeacockMan

Space Monkey
space monkey
Test the waters with that piece and see how girls react to it, you never know.

Personally I don't hang wall art like that (though to be clear, I haven't really tested it either), and I was just thinking and realized why.

Men and women have a different experience of sex. Although there's intimacy that makes them feel close, different emotions color the experience. Just think about the experience of dominance vs submission, of playing an active vs passive role in sex. It's pretty divergent in terms of the emotions involved.

During sex, each party is free to experience things in their own way according to their role. But art is always created from the perspective of a specific observer, and the emotions of the observer color the art. That's why I might like one art piece and you don't, or vice versa, we each are drawn to art that reflects the emotions we particularly experience in the context of what the art is showing.

And the emotions a woman feels are probably going to be quite different from what either of us feels, and unless the art reflects those emotions back to her, she probably won't like it or at least be ambivalent about it.

Not to mention one girl might like it, and another might not.

It's different if the art is created by you of course, since if it comes across as impressive, even if it's not really her kind of art, it reflects well on you.

That's how I look at it. But empirical testing always trumps opinions.

Well said and noted. I'll test out the advise here and see how it goes when women come over.

PeacockMan

>